PDA

View Full Version : Something Missing??

BlueRTS
06-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I notice on yesterday while riding my 2012 RT-S SE5 that on my right side there was a hole by the cooling fan. The left side has a vent screen. My question is something missing? Should a screen be there? I brought her new only 2 weeks ago. Also, if not can you purchase a screen or vent to put there and something to block the heat. The right foot gets really hot from the heat. I never own or rode a motorcycle in my life but I LOVE my Spdyer :D. All I want to do now is play golf and ride my Spdyer. The wife is really upset now. I overheard her telling one of her friends how she is slipping for my attention and love. First, it was golf and now it's that d@#n bike. I patiencely waited until she finish her phone call and calmly asked her to please don't ever use that tone when referring to my Spdyer or she will need a good attorney. I guess she was right, she is slipping. LOVE my SPDYER:yes:

PrairieSpyder
06-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Ah, the missing vent grid question. I was shocked :yikes: when I discovered my used RTS was missing a part! But, for some reason, that's the way they make em. Don't know why.

As to the heat, check out Spyderpops, a site sponsor, for a heat block-off shield that goes where the missing grid should be. You'll still get some heat from the lower hole, but it won't be so bad. Spyderpops also has some nifty mesh screens for both sides so they will match.

Now, have your wife get on Spyderlovers herself. I would advise her to get her own Spyder and ryde with you - or without you if it comes to that!:dg2:

samewok
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Go to spyderpops sight to get heat control block offs .

Bob Ledford
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM
I can tell that you just bought your first Can-Am Spyder. How could I tell? We all have asked the same question.

BRP does not put one there. They leave it open for some strange reason. So sit back and read your manual thoroughly, go out in the garage and play with it and see how every little thing works.

Hope you and significant other enjoy the new ride and welcome to the forum.

MouthPiece
06-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I surmise that they don't put one there because the plastic would melt. <smiles>

Chris

bruiser
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
No, it's not there to keep from over-pressurizing and blowing off the rest of the tupperware. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
06-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Yea! The oven door.........but never fear. It'll still heat burritos, pop corn, dry out wet socks........the uses for that hole are endless. :roflblack:

ARtraveler
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
:welcome: to the site. The other posters have you covered on the missing vent question.

thehawk
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Yea! The oven door.........but never fear. It'll still heat burritos, pop corn, dry out wet socks........the uses for that hole are endless. :roflblack:

do i detect the fact that, as i, you have enjoyed a repast of exhaust-manifold-baked cuisine?

thehawk

Chupaca
06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
will welcome you to the best place for answers to your questions. No screen as you saw and spyderpops for heat control pretty much cover it. Good luck with your adapting to the roadster...!! :ohyea:

Jeriatric
06-03-2013, 10:07 PM
do i detect the fact that, as i, you have enjoyed a repast of exhaust-manifold-baked cuisine?

thehawk

Hawk,

All I know for sure is my little piggy's won't be going to market.

Cause they done been :bbq:'ed.

If ya can't whip it......laugh at it.

StillKickin
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
I too asked the dealer if something were missing when I took my RT in for it's second service. He said it's supposed to be open for cooling and Not to cover it with anything. :hun: