PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

master1309
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
I have a 2011 RSS, and I have instances where my ck engine light comes on for no apparent reason. I was told by dealer last time it was my shifting points. I adjusted that and have been riding with no fault until yesterday, when it came on three times. Not sure what to do.:shocked:

NancysToy
06-03-2013, 07:00 AM
I think your dealer is throwing a bit of manure at you. I can't conceive of how the shift points would trigger a check engine light. Lugging the engine or not, the ECM should compensate for the fuel mixture. A bad GPS would not depend on the shift points. I'm not saying it is impossible, but I can't figure a scenario that could do it.

A competent tech should be able to connect to BUDS and see the fault code history. This should shed some light on it. There are some causes that would not necessarily trigger a fault code, but could still show the warning. Most of those are ignition problems. If the tech can't figure the reason, he should contact BRP dealer tech support for assistance.

qasamm
06-03-2013, 10:49 AM
My scorpion alarm was the source of my intermittent check engine light. Alarm gone= no more check engine issue.