PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Owner

cgo4855
06-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I've waited almost 5 years and finally just got a SPYDER RS-SE-5. looking for any insight as to what might be ahead. ven't ridden in almost 20 years so any safety, and general info will be appreciated. :ani29: thank you, Cheryl

SPYD1
06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome and congrats. Ride as much as you can in parking lots doing maneuvers to get used to the handling. You have many miles of fun ahead.

Chupaca
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Read the manual, watch the video and practice as indicated. Then check out the Do's and Don'ts for spyder ryders on this site. You will be fine...welcome to the world of roadsters and the place for answers...:ohyea:

Netminder
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
:congrats: :welcome: Like stated above read the manual and practise and it won't be long until you have it mastered! Enjoy the ride!:thumbup:

otter28169
06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I've waited almost 5 years and finally just got a SPYDER RS-SE-5. looking for any insight as to what might be ahead. ven't ridden in almost 20 years so any safety, and general info will be appreciated. :ani29: thank you, Cheryl

It really stinks having to wait eh? I fell in love the first time I saw them late in 2007. Didn't get mine until last August, and my wife has realized she is competing with it for attention these days :2thumbs:

Just sayin'............

Bob Denman
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Cheryl!
Welcome to the best Spyder Forum in the Universe! nojoke
Take your time getting the feel of the Spyder; they don't handle or feel at all like a "Tip-Over"...
Please ask anything that you want; we'll either find you the answer, or make up something that sounds good! :roflblack:
:welcome:

radfart
06-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Just got the 600 mile service done on my new RT. I am wondering if there are any good magazines or web sites out there for spyder owners and riders?
My wife and I are in Idaho, and had Harley's for a lot of years,but we had to have a spyder. So far we are impressed with the machine.

SpyderAnn01
06-02-2013, 09:00 PM
:welcome:

Agent K
06-02-2013, 09:35 PM
:congrats::welcome:

GloryRyders
06-03-2013, 05:37 AM
Read the manual, watch the video and practice as indicated. Then check out the Do's and Don'ts for spyder ryders on this site. You will be fine...welcome to the world of roadsters and the place for answers...:ohyea:

:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...............:agree: with the above and just practice, practice, practice!

Don in E Texas
06-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Just got the 600 mile service done on my new RT. I am wondering if there are any good magazines or web sites out there for spyder owners and riders?
My wife and I are in Idaho, and had Harley's for a lot of years,but we had to have a spyder. So far we are impressed with the machine.

Welcome aboard! You are at the best on-line site there is for all things :ani29:!!! Ryde on!!:yes:

ulflyer
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Cheryl.....welcome from another North Carolinian. If you live in my area I'd be glad to meet with you and share what little I know about these critters. I'm retired so weekdays are good.
Shoot, at my age any day I can get out of bed is good!:D

spyderrock
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Hey Cheryl :welcome:and congrats on your new ride. Like other people say just take it easy read revue and ride...Stay safe have fun it wont take you long to get the hang of these great rides.

PrairieSpyder
06-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Welcome to you both, and :congrats: on your new Spyders. Like someone said, THIS is the best Spyder sight on the web. Also, read the Do's & Don'ts thread. Mostly, HAVE FUN!

ARtraveler
06-03-2013, 01:38 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your ryde. As previous posters have said, take it a bit easy at first. I recommend parking lots or deserted streets for an hour or so, to get the feel of the machine. Graduate to lower speed quiet roads, and then to the regular stuff.

d.o.spyder-rts
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
:congrats: on your new spyder and :welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

SpyderDon
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: to both new :ani29: ryders... Take it easy, get comfortable, ask questions.

bamaspyder1
06-03-2013, 03:15 PM
:clap::clap:Congrats still have 2 weeks waiting on my first :spyder2: but this site is awesome....learning alot.. :thumbup:

TicketBait
06-04-2013, 07:57 PM
:welcome: Just saw your thread in the Chat section, here is a link to more info about Spyderquest http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?51101-Spyderquest-2013-*****Official-Thread*****&highlight=spyderquest

Ronbo
06-04-2013, 11:09 PM

I was in a similar situation. Nearly all of my riding had been off road. Felt very nervous and exposed at first. First rides were low and slow in surrounding neighborhood, then rides on two-lane roads out in the county nearby. Then rode to Spyderfest (in the rain).
Got 2000 miles on the 2013 RT Limited. Seems to just get better and better, you are gonna love it!

Congratulations, and be safe!! You are also gonna love this forum.

Ronbo:clap:

Yfactor
06-05-2013, 01:56 AM
:congrats: to all the new :spyder2: Spyder owners :welcome:

CyncySpyder
06-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Here's a link to the thread referenced above
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners
It really does have alot of good info for new owners :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)