PDA

View Full Version : Early adopter. I got smart things

JCSMOKE
06-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I backed Smart things on Kickstarter. Smartthings.com (http://Www.smartthings.com) Z wave, Zigbee, Wifi compatible home automation. These things are cool! I farkled the house and now from anywhere I can see what lights are on, if doors are open and if there is any movement. I can turn off the lights from my phone, unlock the doors and open the garage door from it too. The presence sensor on my keychain will know I am home, open the garage door, unlock the house, turn on the AC, turn on the lights, and send me a text saying welcome home!
I'm a little bit jazzed by this. The coolest thing is that I am a bumbling fool with electronics but even I could set this up.

rabtech
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a Vera made by Micasaverde.com in my house running all Zwave devices. It has a interface that you can add different brand modules into. I have a Ted 5000 monitoring my power. I also have 2 Etherrain modules controlling sprinklers running into my interface. I have 16 zones with 89 total heads. I also have my 16 cameras on the interface so I can keep track of who comes and goes. All of my door locks are also zwave so that when I open one it will automatically turn the light on in that room if it is after a certian hour. Also my thermostats are all zwave and can adjust the temp acording to what I want. I dont find myself using that much except when I am sick and I want the air or heat adjusted and im in bed......

I love technology. And truthfully it wasnt that expensive to purchase. I can imagine that if you had to pay labor to install it that it would run the price up. Its kinda my thing to know how to do all this stuff so that helps.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Bob Denman
06-02-2013, 12:58 PM
:shocked: My house only knows that I'm home when it feels my key scratching around the lock... :roflblack:

Dustybell
06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
:shocked: My house only knows that I'm home when it feels my key scratching around the lock... :roflblack:

Yup! :agree:

Bob Denman
06-02-2013, 05:19 PM
My house also knows if I've entered a room... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_12.gif It can detect gas... :roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
06-02-2013, 08:14 PM

This is what we use. :roflblack: