PDA

View Full Version : Demo Ride

Dwight
06-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Well, finally BRP is showing up in Kansas. I've got my registration confirmed for the demo on June 28 in KC. Does anyone know if they will have one of the "E" (electric shift) models at the ride? That's the one I'm interested in and they probably won't let me ride a manual shift. I use an electric shift on my HD because I'm a left leg amputee. When I ride a non electric shift bike (test ride - I install trike kits) I have a shift stick that slides over the shifter peg and I just shift by hand. It's kinda rude and crude but it works! Anyway I'm excited about it even if I don't get to ride. At least I'll finally get to see one in person. I'm not in a real hurry (doesn't look like it would make much difference anyway!) to purchase one, kinda want to wait and see what HD is going to come out with on the rumored trike.

Dwight

captainryder
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Where in Kansas? I'm in Kansas City and have would love to talk to the BRP team. I hear that most of the teams have and SE5 with them for demo/riding.

spyderbitten
06-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I would also like to come see the BRP team and fleet of Spyders.

Dwight
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

They're going to be at The Woodlands Race Track on 6 28, 29. I found it on the BRP home site (hate their site!! too damn hard to read). It's on the KS side, 9700 Leavenworth Road, KC KS. I've registered, it says you have to register to attend. I tried to register the wife but I couldn't get it to accept it. I'm going to try it again, hate to have to leave her at the gate while I went in!!! (Yea, that would happen!). It's good to hear that they might have one of the SE5's.

Dwight

spyderbitten
06-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Dwight,

Will try to register on the BRP site.

hawkiii
06-06-2008, 05:45 PM
When I did my demo ride in March they had one SE5 available to ride. I rode the SM5 that day
but ordered the SE5.

Star Cruiser
06-08-2008, 03:14 PM
When I did my demo ride in March they had one SE5 available to ride. I rode the SM5 that day but ordered the SE5.

I ordered the SE5. i also had a chance to demo it at Americade. The shifting was so smooth, unbelievable. I shifted at around 6,500 - 7,500 rpm and it was as smooth as silk. I tried both backing off of the throttle and also just hitting the shift as I was accelerating. Smooth and sync'd. This baby is worth waiting for

captainryder
06-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I've registered at KC Woodlands for 29th June (Sunday),

I hope they have an SE5 as well... Would love to test this thing out.