PDA

View Full Version : Drove up to Americade today and had my Ultimate seat installed...

GMac
06-01-2013, 06:20 PM
...it's about three hours each way so I had plenty of time to try it out on the way back...and it really is as nice as everyone said!!! Incredibly comfortable and I LOVE the way it looks. While I was there I had tons of people stopping to look and compliment the way it looks and even had two people ask if they could take pictures.

I also had the Baker Built Air Wings (uppers and lowers) installed while I was there and yesterday I put on the gold leaf flame decals I received in the mail from PowerSportsWraps along with the dash wrap (or whatever it's called). It looks like a completely different bike between yesterday and today!!

SpydermanCT
06-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Your bike looks awesome, great choices !

mrfats
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM
That is one nice lookin Spyder!! :clap:

Sarge707
06-01-2013, 08:51 PM
:clap:Nice!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Bob Denman
06-01-2013, 09:06 PM
:2thumbs: Looking great; riding even better!
Hey! I was up there today too, and saw a booth that created 3-D images of your bike...
Problem is; I forgot to pick up a card or brochure... :opps:
If anybody else is heading up there; could you grab me their name so that I can get in touch?
Thanks! :thumbup:

I spoke to Leslie at Ultimate about the seat that's going to end up on mine...:ohyea:

spyder3
06-01-2013, 09:17 PM
That is elegant!! Nicely done.:bowdown:

Ronbo
06-01-2013, 09:42 PM
...it's about three hours each way so I had plenty of time to try it out on the way back...and it really is as nice as everyone said!!! Incredibly comfortable and I LOVE the way it looks. While I was there I had tons of people stopping to look and compliment the way it looks and even had two people ask if they could take pictures.

I also had the Baker Built Air Wings (uppers and lowers) installed while I was there and yesterday I put on the gold leaf flame decals I received in the mail from PowerSportsWraps along with the dash wrap (or whatever it's called). It looks like a completely different bike between yesterday and today!!

That looks absolutely incredible! I have a lava brown 2013 limited, and have been trying to decide what seat I want. Can you tell a big difference from stock? Anyway, congratulations on a great looking Spyder.

ronbo

eagle
06-02-2013, 08:51 AM
congrats on new seat etc. I noticed your cup holder on left side. How is it mounted to handle bar? I have a cup holder similar to that, but wondering how to mount it. Thanks in advance.

Empty Pockets
06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Nice lookin seat :thumbup:

harrypottar
06-02-2013, 10:51 AM
I love the look of this seat, best looking seat on the lava IMHO...

harry

GMac
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
:2thumbs: Looking great; riding even better!
Hey! I was up there today too, and saw a booth that created 3-D images of your bike...
Problem is; I forgot to pick up a card or brochure... :opps:
If anybody else is heading up there; could you grab me their name so that I can get in touch?
Thanks! :thumbup:

I spoke to Leslie at Ultimate about the seat that's going to end up on mine...:ohyea:

Let me know if it's not the right place and I'll keep looking...

http://www.spiritbikes.com/

GMac
06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
That looks absolutely incredible! I have a lava brown 2013 limited, and have been trying to decide what seat I want. Can you tell a big difference from stock? Anyway, congratulations on a great looking Spyder.

ronbo

...having the backrest makes all the difference in the world and I'm sure I WILL notice a difference when I ride it more.

GMac
06-02-2013, 01:18 PM
congrats on new seat etc. I noticed your cup holder on left side. How is it mounted to handle bar? I have a cup holder similar to that, but wondering how to mount it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/rigiddrink.html

They have you remove the two screws that are currently there and replace them with longer ones and spacers. I can take a picture of it from the top if you'd like, just let me know.

Bob Denman
06-02-2013, 05:06 PM
G...
That's the one! :thumbup:
The Missus and I spent last evening looking through the vendors that we thought might have been in that spot...
We both dismissed that name; figured that it should have something to do with photography... :opps:
Until you're better paid; thanks a million!! :2thumbs: :clap:

rhinozxq
06-02-2013, 05:22 PM
GMac,

I saw you at Americade yesterday as they were getting ready to put on your seat and then again as they were preparing to put on your Baker Built airwings. The pictures you posted look good, but I've got to say it looks even better in person. My wife likes the black and white seat that Ultimate had on their RT and I wouldn't be surprised if she puts one like that on her white RT soon.

Rick

GMac
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
G...
That's the one! :thumbup:
The Missus and I spent last evening looking through the vendors that we thought might have been in that spot...
We both dismissed that name; figured that it should have something to do with photography... :opps:
Until you're better paid; thanks a million!! :2thumbs: :clap:

You would think "photography" would be in the name somewhere!! I finally figured it out by finding the map they gave you as you walked in and remembering where they were and backtracking from that!

Hope you get what you're looking for!

GMac
06-02-2013, 06:06 PM
GMac,

I saw you at Americade yesterday as they were getting ready to put on your seat and then again as they were preparing to put on your Baker Built airwings. The pictures you posted look good, but I've got to say it looks even better in person. My wife likes the black and white seat that Ultimate had on their RT and I wouldn't be surprised if she puts one like that on her white RT soon.

Rick

I have to admit I think it looks better in person, too! And if she does I'm certain she won't regret it!

SPYD1
06-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Your bike looks fantastic.

MrLooney
06-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Geat looking Roadster and beautiful color combinations :cheers: :2thumbs:

Ultimate Seats
06-03-2013, 08:49 AM

GMac-
Great looking seat! Thanks for coming to see us, and for posting the pics online- That's gotta be our favorite color combo for the lava bronze.

Best-

Huntindawg1962
06-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Looks great and the blending on the Honey Burl wood really does make this look nice. The wood glove box is subtle enough that people dont really notice that the wood grain is there but with it removed it is a huge void. You will get lots of comments from people when you stop places now (I suspect you already have).