PDA

View Full Version : still rolling

Laila's Dad
05-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Hello all,

I hope things are going well. I hit the 4,000 mile mark today so it won't be long before I will be at 5,000. Going to work today was crazy, first traffic was terrible. It was so bad that by the time I got to work my spyder showed no bars on the gas "meter". I had never seen that before, but it still started back up on my break and let me take it to a gas station for a fill up. I only had two bars when I left for work this morning but I figured 30 miles wouldn't be a problem. Boy was I almost wrong :shocked:. Then this wrapping plastic blew off a truck and under my spyder. It wrapped around the sprocket area of the back wheel. I was on the expressway so I couldn't stop to untangle it. By the time I stopped at work it was worked in real good. I had to buy a utility knife to start cutting the plastic. I got 98% of it off after about an hour but there was still a small piece that got hot and dried hard and was hard to get to. I still may take it to the shop so they can take the wheel off and make sure it is all gone. Maybe when I go in for my next oil change. So the morning commute wasn't so hot and work itself wasn't that great so I was holding on until it was time to go...

I decided to take the scenic route home. I just didn't want to deal with the freeway. While driving it hit me that, I prefer to cruise at about 55 mph, music in my ear, and light traffic. I know people talk about "twisties" and curvy roads but for me a great ride would be a lot of scenary without a lot of agressive moves. Yeah sometimes I like the speed but I will admit it, I am a cruiser. Smooth and steady fits me just fine.

Chupaca
06-01-2013, 01:48 AM
But for me it's after the winding twisting roads. Try to plan the that way. Wild and fun going to lunch and smooth sailing on the way home...enjoy..!!:ohyea: