PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brakes

SPYD1
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Well another successful project completed. I changed out the rear pads on my 2009 RS basically to eliminate the squeal in reverse. With the pads and tips from Bajaron all went well. A few tips for others:
1- the disc brake quiet that is recommended took a long time to dry. Probably due to the humidity.
2- the piston doesn't move very far when you compress it. Kept thinking it wasn't in enough but when I tried it it was tight but it fit.
3- if I had to do it again I would have removed the exhaust, kind of cramped in that area.
4- with 14K miles the pads had loads of life on them.

I went on a 30 min ride with using reverse many times and no squeal.

Thanks Ron!

greatrides
05-31-2013, 08:52 PM
No noise on a spyder no way can not be.

Big Arm
05-31-2013, 10:19 PM
:
1- the disc brake quiet that is recommended took a long time to dry. Probably due to the humidity.
2- the piston doesn't move very far when you compress it. Kept thinking it wasn't in enough but when I tried it it was tight but it fit.

I just changed mine a couple days ago, and did not use the CRC break quiet, all is well :yes:
I found that if you compress the piston, and come to a stop, turn the center shaft that the parking break arm bolts to, then compress the piston again.
Ron's break pads work great !