PDA

View Full Version : Pulling to the right

Twitty
05-31-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm new to the Spyder. Have a 2013 RTS. Just had the 600 mile service. Told the dealer the handlebar was off center to the right. They gave me a brand new loaner while they serviced mine and I noticed its handle bars were off to the right too. When I picked mine up it was still off, but it was hot and late afternoon, so I thought oh well they're all that way. Today, as I was riding, I noticed it was pulling to the right. Before I call the dealer or carry back to the shop (it is a long way back to the dealer) thought I'd ask if that is normal. Do they all pull a little bit?
Thanks

Ga Blue Knight
05-31-2013, 04:30 PM
First off the handlebars should be centered. Now if you are on a roadway with a high crown you may feel a slight drift to the right as the bike will drift slightly in that direction but this is only a very slight hardly noticeable feel not a pulling to the right. I would go to a flat parking lot, say a school yard or a mall and slowly accelerate with light pressure on the throttle and then just let go keeping your hands near the handle bars for safety. If the bike goes straight there is no issue if it pulls to the right you have an issue. Most likely a dragging brake or miss alignment is the cause. Good luck!

ARtraveler
05-31-2013, 04:36 PM
:welcome: Sorry you are having issues. Pulling to the right does not sound good. The above poster is right on. I am not one of the mechanical experts, but you will surely hear more from them.

Let us know what you find out.

boborgera
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
When you bring it back [and you should] ask them if they did the ball joint update and did they Aline the front end after they did the ball joints,
Parked On a flat/level surface the bars should be straight....

Bob Ledford
05-31-2013, 07:10 PM
First thing you can do even though you just under went a very expensive oil change, is make sure front tires are of equal air pressure. I find it is very rays to lose a pound or less just in the way I pull the gage off the stem. But then I also lose a pound or two when I gage up the valve stem too. Never get old and stiff!

i see you live in Vernon FL. If your streets there are anything like some our streets here Ormond Beach they have a terrible crown angle especially those that have 50 years of little or no repaving history. My street is so badly tilted that I almost have to put my right foot on the bar to keep it, RTL, in a straight line.

i have gone so far as having the front end alignment checked by an independent alignment tech only to find it right on BRPs spec's

Twitty
05-31-2013, 07:20 PM
First thing you can do even though you just under went a very expensive oil change, is make sure front tires are of equal air pressure. I find it is very rays to lose a pound or less just in the way I pull the gage off the stem. But then I also lose a pound or two when I gage up the valve stem too. Never get old and stiff!

i see you live in Vernon FL. If your streets there are anything like some our streets here Ormond Beach they have a terrible crown angle especially those that have 50 years of little or no repaving history. My street is so badly tilted that I almost have to put my right foot on the bar to keep it, RTL, in a straight line.

i have gone so far as having the front end alignment checked by an independent alignment tech only to find it right on BRPs spec's

Thanks everyone. Took it to the school parking lot and it ran straight. Tried it on several back road and you are right, it is according to which side of the road i'm on to which side the bike pulls. Thanks for all the help. I'll have the handle bar issue checked on the next service.