PDA

View Full Version : Rear Storage Compartment won't open.

srwilli
05-31-2013, 04:18 PM
After arriving home from work, went to turn of XM radio in the rear compartment, and the right side of the compartment is stuck. No amount of pulling will get it to release. Left side is fine. Tried closing the left side and locking/unlocking to no avail. Looked at maintenance manual and owners manual.. No help there.. If anyone has ideas please let me know.. Don't want to use a pry bar and break something.. Is there a way to get to the latch assembly?

Thanks
SRW

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Instead of pulling on it try pulling the handle and pushing in on the door to help the cable release the latch. This is one of the items that's supposed to be checked when periodic maintenance is done. When was your last? Look at your maintenance schedule - in the OM.

2Paw
05-31-2013, 05:53 PM
I sometimes have the same problem, when it happens I just give the cover a bump and pull the lever again and it opens right up.

srwilli
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Got it open but right side latch is broken.. it appears like a previous post, the link to release the right side latch came loose from the nylon connector and prevented the release of the right side. Will make the trip to the dealer next week. Will definitely have to replace the latch, but do not have a clue how they will replace the right side pin holder, as it is a molded piece on the storage compartment lid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bags44
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Got it open but right side latch is broken.. it appears like a previous post, the link to release the right side latch came loose from the nylon connector and prevented the release of the right side. Will make the trip to the dealer next week. Will definitely have to replace the latch, but do not have a clue how they will replace the right side pin holder, as it is a molded piece on the storage compartment lid.

Srwilli, I had the same thing happen to the trunk on my RT. I was told that BRP would not cover it, and was wondering how you were able to resolve it. Please let me know when you get a chance please. thank you!

johnwinslow
08-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Got it open but right side latch is broken.. it appears like a previous post, the link to release the right side latch came loose from the nylon connector and prevented the release of the right side. Will make the trip to the dealer next week. Will definitely have to replace the latch, but do not have a clue how they will replace the right side pin holder, as it is a molded piece on the storage compartment lid. same thing happened to me, the inside cover that has the pins is replaceable, mine was covered under warrantee because the connecting rod fell off, I have a 2011 RTS

same thing happened to me, the inside cover that has the pins is replaceable, mine was covered under warrantee because the connecting rod fell off, I have a 2011 RTS while waiting for the part I repaired it by removing the right side pin altogether and it latched on one side only.