PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

BajaRon
05-31-2013, 10:15 AM
I have returned from my 2 week trip to Kathmandu, Napal. Riding a motorcycle there is really a challenge. My Royal Enfield 350 Bullet was one of the larger motorcycles there. With a whopping 18 BHP I was the king of the road!

I have tried to keep up with my PM's and emails but I did not have reliable internet service so I have not replied to everyone. I am in the process of catching up now. If you need something in a hurry please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

See you at the Owener's Event/Lamonster BBQ! :thumbup:

bullant12
05-31-2013, 10:20 AM
:clap:Welcome Back!:clap: Time to work now...;)

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Noticed your absence and hoped all was OK withya. Sounds like it was better than that. Welcome home.

SpyderAnn01
05-31-2013, 10:22 AM
I was just thinking that you had been awfully quiet since your return. Welcome back.

bullant12
05-31-2013, 10:29 AM
I was just thinking that you had been awfully quiet since your return. Welcome back.

Coming from Nepal... can you say "jetlag?":roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-31-2013, 10:49 AM
I wondered why you gone into silent running mode...Welcome back! :2thumbs:
We're going to need to see some pictures... ;)

BajaRon
05-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. Jetlag is a killer! I'm in Zombie mode right now trying to catch up.

My son was taking care of the business while I was gone but there are things that he didn't get to and there are several things still hanging.

spydercowboy
05-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Nice to feel needed isn't it?

daveinva
05-31-2013, 12:04 PM
:nopic:

Flanker
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Glad your trip went OK. How was it.......................been quite a bit of civil and social unrest there in recent years. I've got several standing invites to visit there, as I supervised/managed a Nepali PSD Team on a project in Afghanistan a few years ago......................beautiful country, but the ongoing Maoist discord/insurgency seemed to make a visit not worth the effort.

Highwayman2013
05-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Glad you're back hope you will fill us in further on the trip. PM and email sent. Need some stuff.

Highwayman2013
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Viva Nepal!

Chupaca
05-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Didn't know you were gone..internet does work even there..glad you are back and had a great time biking in Nepal. Did you get pic's of the Royal..?? :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Now there's a destination. Please update us with trip information and some pictures when you get settled back in. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-31-2013, 01:49 PM
I want to see that Royal Enfield 350 Bullet in action! :thumbup:

FaranH
05-31-2013, 04:01 PM
I have returned from my 2 week trip to Kathmandu, Napal. Riding a motorcycle there is really a challenge. My Royal Enfield 350 Bullet was one of the larger motorcycles there. With a whopping 18 BHP I was the king of the road!

WOW!:ohyea: I wish I was able to be at the Owner's Event because I'd love to hear some of your stories. Glad you're back safe and sound, Ron! :thumbup:

Agent K
05-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a cool trip! Installed the swaybar and love it! Thanks!:yes:

Five-O
05-31-2013, 05:38 PM

I have tried to keep up with my PM's and emails but I did not have reliable internet service so I have not replied to everyone. I am in the process of catching up now. If you need something in a hurry please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

Welcome back!

When will the new ST sway bar be ready? :)

BajaRon
05-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Glad your trip went OK. How was it.......................been quite a bit of civil and social unrest there in recent years. I've got several standing invites to visit there, as I supervised/managed a Nepali PSD Team on a project in Afghanistan a few years ago......................beautiful country, but the ongoing Maoist discord/insurgency seemed to make a visit not worth the effort.

Things have been relatively quiet there for the last year or so. Still some issues, of course, but where can you go these days where there isn't?

Glad you're back hope you will fill us in further on the trip. PM and email sent. Need some stuff.

There is quite a bit of backlog. My son David did a good job while I was gone but there is a lot to it. I'm paddling as fast as I can!

Didn't know you were gone..internet does work even there..glad you are back and had a great time biking in Nepal. Did you get pic's of the Royal..?? :thumbup:

Honestly, it was more of a working trip helping a missionary/friend that lives in Kathmandu so I didn't get too many pictures. But this is what my ride looked like. A complete piece of junk here in the US, it rules the road in Nepal! A modern day 'Blast from the Past!'. It reminded my of my 441 BSA. Carb is better than my BeeZer though.

http://images02.olx.in/ui/1/79/55/1351405117_450497455_1-Royal-Enfield-Bullet-Electra-5s-SAS-Nagar.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyi-l_aFR1LQVdifS5UbCLZ5KHN6lgCHbHaOAmbZHu-xb655gpXQ

I want to see that Royal Enfield 350 Bullet in action! :thumbup:

Didn't get any live footage but this is what it's like. ..It really gives you a good feel for how it is driving in Kathmandu except this guy doesn't get nearly as much traffic as we encountered. The traffic + driving on the left side is a real challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P_SD8X1fEpg

Welcome back!

When will the new ST sway bar be ready? :)

I will be working on the 2013 ST/RS/RSS sway bars soon. I want to get the 2013 RT sway bar project done before the Owner's Event. I hope to have the other 2013 bars done by the end of the month. I will be looking for test pilots for this project.

Nice... I got a trip to Asia (Angeles City, Philippines)coming up to spend time with my baby, (hopefully next time she will come back with me, she's dying to do some ryding,)I'm gonna take some pics of the taxi trikes and jeepneys, too bad they don't sell spyders there, that place us made for bikes!

You definitely take your life in your hands riding in these 3rd world countries.... But then no one lives forever and the experience (if you should live through it) is priceless! :thumbup:

spydermyke990
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice... I got a trip to Asia (Angeles City, Philippines)coming up to spend time with my baby, (hopefully next time she will come back with me, she's dying to do some ryding,)I'm gonna take some pics of the taxi trikes and jeepneys, too bad they don't sell spyders there, that place us made for bikes!