PDA

View Full Version : Good grief why don't posters include

Bob Ledford
05-31-2013, 07:22 AM
I see so many posters posting incomplete information in their first posts. Guys an Ladies please help speed up getting the right information the first time by including the model and the year of the Spyder involved.

MouthPiece
05-31-2013, 07:24 AM
Agreed, although I think I've committed that sin a time or two. I do try though. Just makes sense.

Chris

bullant12
05-31-2013, 07:28 AM
I see so many posters posting incomplete information in their first posts. Guys an Ladies please help speed up getting the right information the first time by including the model and the year of the Spyder involved.

Agreed, although I think I've committed that sin a time or two. I do try though. Just makes sense.

:agree: on both. Best thing to do is to write their model and year on the signature. That way it appears on ALL their posts.

Bob Denman
05-31-2013, 07:31 AM
The folks who get tripped up with this issue are often the newest members in here...
They just haven't figured out everything yet; give them a little patience and time. ;)

scooterexpress
05-31-2013, 07:41 AM
i try to re-read what i wrote before hitting submit just making sure it sounds correct i've read many post/replys and really could'nt make out what they were saying words were so badly scrambled in a sentence,so i say take that extra min and re-read before you hit submit,the better we understand your problem the better the answers will be.

ARCTIC
05-31-2013, 07:47 AM
:agree: on both. Best thing to do is to write their model and year on the signature. That way it appears on ALL their posts.

X2... Put the Model and Yr in your signature along with modifications. On the flipside... I get a lot of responses to my threads on how to work on RT's so it's on both sides of the threads

SpyderWolf
05-31-2013, 07:54 AM
I see this same thing all over the internet when looking at information, parts and accessories, for the Spyder. Many people fail to list what type of Spyder the accessory is for and you are left deciphering it on your own. Fortunately I have gotten pretty good at figuring it out, but there are still times when I have to ask questions about it.

The main thing I found is if you ask them to post that information, they are usually more than happy to do so. :D

Chupaca
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
The folks who get tripped up with this issue are often the newest members in here...
They just haven't figured out everything yet; give them a little patience and time. ;)

:agree: They usually get it quickly..

ARtraveler
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM

:agree: I am guessing that most of us have been guilty of not enough information a time or two. If we get to formal, then we may scare some people off. Asking a question or two of an OP gives us additional opportunity to chat with the poster. JMHO :roflblack:

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 02:00 PM

Am sure it's not intentional. Especially if they're new to spydering. A spyder is a spyder until you understand not all spyder's are the same. Most only do it once. Bet I did 2. ;)

dave01
05-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh no, its the post police. I am guilty, will not pass go and will not collect 200.00

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ga Blue Knight
05-31-2013, 04:39 PM
"Well I have this thing on my Spyder that is not doing what it's supposed to do. What should I do? It's kind of round in a square way and it located near the back under the front wheel on the other side from the dangly thing that you operate with your foot. Oh yeah the Spyder is a 2007 RT". Well is that what you all mean?

Buttsy
05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Bet I did 2. ;)

You were the worst I suggested they ban you but nobody listens? :dontknow:

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Wonder why some people read and don't post. Just read this post. Can you blame them? Everybody starts from somewhere. A post like this will stop some dead in their tracks, while others will proceed, but uneasily. Come on guys! Lighten up.

Bob Denman
05-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Come on guys! Lighten up.
:agree: It's getting too hot to be having a "loud discussion", right about now...
We all make mistakes; the shame is when we don't learn from them.
(I wonder why I'm not much smarter??? :roflblack:)

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 05:05 PM
You were the worst I suggested they ban you but nobody listens? :dontknow:

:yikes: hey, I'm easy....just say the word :roflblack:

boborgera
05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
:agree: It's getting too hot to be having a "loud discussion", right about now...
We all make mistakes; the shame is when we don't learn from them.
(I wonder why I'm not much smarter??? :roflblack:)

A Wise man learns from others mistakes, The only thing you learn from your own mistakes is how to apply bandages ......:roflblack:

Bob Ledford
05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, it has got to be addressed from time to time. We all make mistakes every day I usually get one out of the way first thing in the morning. I get out of bed!. Part of the problem is unfamiliarity with how things get fixed. Any good mechanic be he/she professional or shade tree knows the look that the "parts counter guy/gal" generates when they forget the make, model and year and power this or that,1/2/3/4/5/6 speed auto/manual shift etc.

If you have not figured it out yet I used to be a parts counter guy and have had automotive experience with passenger, light truck, medium duty and heavy trucks. The worst is heavy trucks because you have so many options available to use.

"Poster Police". That's the first time I have ever been called that one,roflmao I'll accept that one with the honor intended by the giver! 😃 lets declare this a dead thread and move on to helping those that are more then us OF's ........

Jeriatric
05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
:thumbup:

dave01
05-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Well, it has got to be addressed from time to time. We all make mistakes every day I usually get one out of the way first thing in the morning. I get out of bed!. Part of the problem is unfamiliarity with how things get fixed. Any good mechanic be he/she professional or shade tree knows the look that the "parts counter guy/gal" generates when they forget the make, model and year and power this or that,1/2/3/4/5/6 speed auto/manual shift etc.

If you have not figured it out yet I used to be a parts counter guy and have had automotive experience with passenger, light truck, medium duty and heavy trucks. The worst is heavy trucks because you have so many options available to use.

"Poster Police". That's the first time I have ever been called that one,roflmao I'll accept that one with the honor intended by the giver! 😃 lets declare this a dead thread and move on to helping those that are more then us OF's ........

Lol, it is an honor. I was called that on the Hayabusa and GSXR site. Been waiting to use it. Thread is dead......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

SXSMachine
06-01-2013, 09:17 PM

Also really helps people in choosiung threads to read if your Title is meaningful thats one of the biggest sins in my book, I'm not likely to go look at a post that says, "look what I found" :hun::hun: