PDA

View Full Version : New RT-S Owner

BlueRTS
05-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi,

I'm a new Spdyer owner. To be honest I NEVER ride a motorcycle in my life. I need some help. As of now, I ride with my daughter (wifey don't trust me yet) however, I'm looking into getting a headset. I'm looking either at the Sena SMH-10 or UClear HBC 1000. Or is there another headset I should be checking out. Please advise.

New RT-S Owner

ARtraveler
05-30-2013, 03:19 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

RE: Headset: the Sena is one of the most mentioned on the site. I have the SMH10's and like them a lot.

revjvegas
05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Dito on the Sena

and :congrats: on the :spyder2:

bcoulter19
05-30-2013, 03:29 PM
I have the cardo scala rider and absolutely love it. I think they are at the G9 now. You might want to check them out also. They allow you to have intercom with up to 8 people, listen to the built in FM radio, bluetooth to your phone etc.

Bill

Chupaca
05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
and congrats on your new ryde.. We also have the Scala G9. Scala makes several models with variety of features. I hear Sena is also good but never tried them. Good luck..!! :thumbup:

MidLifeCrisis
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
New RT-S Owner

So, what color did you get?:roflblack:

We have the Sena SMH10 and love them. The Scala G9s were also under consideration, but at the time, they didn't offer Mac support. Haven't checked lately...it may have changed by now.

PrairieSpyder
05-30-2013, 04:38 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your machine.

I recently got the Sena system, but haven't tried it out yet.

mrfats
05-30-2013, 04:47 PM
I've got the Sena SMH-10. Really like them. I got them from Dave's, he one of our sponsors.

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
For every headset there is you will get people who love each one and people who hate each one. I have the Scala G9 and when it works it is great but I have had a number of issues with it. We bought ours from Cycle Gear and I would recommend buying from them (they also sell the UClear) as they have a customer satisfaction policy that can't be beat. We have brought ours back and had them give us new units 3 times in the past 9 months.

BlueRTS
05-30-2013, 06:01 PM
So, what color did you get?:roflblack:

We have the Sena SMH10 and love them. The Scala G9s were also under consideration, but at the time, they didn't offer Mac support. Haven't checked lately...it may have changed by now.
I got a blue one. Thinking of a KOOL name for her.

LadyDi'sSpyder
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi,

I'm a new Spdyer owner. To be honest I NEVER ride a motorcycle in my life. I need some help. As of now, I ride with my daughter (wifey don't trust me yet) however, I'm looking into getting a headset. I'm looking either at the Sena SMH-10 or UClear HBC 1000. Or is there another headset I should be checking out. Please advise.

New RT-S Owner

I have the Scala Ryder and like it a lot

SPYD1
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Sena. Welcome to the club!