PDA

View Full Version : My " B" trip meter quit working/ how often should belt need alignment ?

StanProff
05-30-2013, 03:04 PM
I always use the B trip meter and reset at every fill up. The A one I use for total trip mileage. Well the B quit working. It seems to have a mind of its own, it will stay at 0 and sometimes it might start working. This is the only thing on the display that is malfunctioning. Does this mean the display will need to be replaced?

Question #2: How ofter does the belt alignment have to be done. I have done it myself about 3 thousand miles ago after having a tire installed (the belt was rubbing against the flange on the rear). Now it has moved a little and instead of the credit card gap it is more like a full nickel width from the flange. I have pulled the 622 trailer to spyderfest and back, about 1600 miles total and just got back from the outer banks with another round trip of about 1200 miles and noticed the gap is bigger. I have a total of 16,200 miles on the 2010 RTS. Is this normal for the belt to move a little over time and miles or would something more be going wrong?

ARtraveler
05-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Did you check to see if you accidently hit the pause button. Pause/resume is usually the cause here.

NancysToy
05-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Did you check to see if you accidently hit the pause button. Pause/resume is usually the cause here.
Exactly...if it says "Resume", it is paused.

JCSMOKE
05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
:shocked: It took me three tries to get that thing to work, I tried it myself, then went to monster.com and then had a professional do my résumé. I had no idea why the bike thought I needed one.:p

Bob Denman
05-31-2013, 11:02 AM
To make sure that you were qualified to run it! :thumbup: :roflblack:
I'm just glad that mine never checked or asked... :shocked:

StanProff
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM

didn't know it had a pause, :dontknow: gotta check that. thanks.

mob133
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM
FIND YOURSELF A 12 YEAROLD THEY'll HAVE IT FIGURED OUT IN 2 MINUTES

spydermyke990
07-12-2013, 08:11 AM
FIND YOURSELF A 12 YEAROLD THEY'll HAVE IT FIGURED OUT IN 2 MINUTES

That one just about had me sneezing my iced tea out of my nose....I just had to show my mom & dad how to sync, load and connect an ipod up to their pontton boat's stereo....the sad part is my 11 year old nephew already showed the how once before!!:roflblack::roflblack: