PDA

View Full Version : Skidplate

DRTSB
05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
I visited a friend yesterday on the RT, when I was coming home I strayed onto a road that was be1ng repaved, they had cut the top 2 inches off the top to make room for the new pave, when this happens the manhole cover stick up by that distance, I ran directly into one, the Spyder hit it hard, I installed my Spyderpops Bumpskid last week and boy am I glad I did, the force of the impact made my electronic reset, the engine did not stop, I just had to wait until the initalization had completed, press the mode button and then I could see how fast I was going again. What I figure happend was the skidplate took the impact and forced the Spyder up, it then scraped along the Skidplate for about another 8 to 12 inches, I determend this by the lenght of the deep scratches in the skidplate, I'm thinking that if I did not install the 2 bolts in the rear of the skidplate into the frame, I would have left a whole lot of plastic on the road, I checked the frame and it did not bend at all. The Spyder dosen't seem any worst for wear, there were no codes set, makes no addition noises and rides fine on the highway.

Thank You Spyderpops

Dave ;)

carajony
05-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Skidplate is a must... I keep hitting those cement parking stops... I forget how far the front of the :spyder2: goes.. Skidplate has saved me a bunch of times...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chupaca
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM
that's what it's there for. Have to be real careful on those repaves. There are all kinds of hazards to bikes. Glad it was just a jolt and alls well..!! :thumbup:

SpyderDen
05-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Got my first kill with my newly installed critter splitter on a ride with the SOAR group last night. It was only a bird but, still a kill. :roflblack: