PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad sad morning here in Kuttawa..

kentuckyguy
05-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Kuttawa, Ky.- It was not the end any of the rescuers who were searching for a missing boy were hoping and praying for, but they hope finding nine-year-old Warren Patterson's body will help his family find closure.

Kentucky State Police got to Kuttawa Beach in Lyon County shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday. Patterson's family members told them the little boy had been missing for up to and hour already. According to police, the family was taking turns riding a jet ski and Patterson got dropped off on shore. He was last seen near the playground there, but they lost sight of him. He was wearing blue jean shorts, no shirt, and had just taken off his life jacket to let someone else wear it.

The Lyon County Emergency Manager set up a command post and started the search on the grounds surrounding the beach. More than 40 people lined up and walked the grounds, but they didn't find anything.

As volunteers from the community showed up to help, Kentucky Fish and Wildlife officers put in a boat and started a water search. Marshall County's Search and Rescue boat also arrived which is equipped with sonar to help search the lake bottom.

As the sun went down the ground search combed the neighborhood, but by dark they called off that portion.

"At that point we still felt pretty confident he was in he water," said Sgt. Ryan Dawson with the Kentucky State Police. But they also had another lead, a lead Dawson said pointed them towards and abduction.

A black truck was seen at the playground around the same time. Dawson said there was a white male driving it and he had a dog, either a pit bull or a labrador. With the help of community members, they located him, but they discovered he was not involved at all.

"While we were speaking to the driver of the black truck about the situation, we actually got the call that they had located the body in the water," said Dawson.

A diver from the Marshall County Search and Rescue team went in and found Patterson in four feet of water.

"It could have been a matter of he slipped and hit his head or something of that nature or just got in a little too deep, it was over his head and he panicked," he said. "Some things you don't know now and you may never know."

But Dawson hopes knowing the answer to where their son is, will help Patterson's family find some peace.

"With this, it's tragic, but the family can pick up the pieces and move on with their lives and remember him and honor him he best they can, but they know in their mind that they can move on," said Dawson.

Dawson wanted to thank all of the rescuers and volunteers who came out to help or support the search.

Bob Denman
05-30-2013, 07:41 AM
The family is in our thoughts and prayers... :pray:

MrLooney
05-30-2013, 07:42 AM
I send you all my love and prayers to the family and friends :pray::pray::pray:

grumpybob
05-30-2013, 07:51 AM
I send you all my love and prayers to the family and friends :pray::pray::pray:

:agree:

CyncySpyder
05-30-2013, 08:05 AM
:pray::pray:

bruiser
05-30-2013, 09:17 AM
:pray: from Kris and I.

ThreeFeet
05-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Terrable loss and tragedy. May God help the family thru this time of need.

tofriendscreek
05-30-2013, 09:43 AM
I can't fathom the pain and grief of losing a child. I trust and pray Jesus' hands of healing are holding the family close.

harrypottar
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
:pray:

ARtraveler
05-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Thoughts and prayers from us :pray::pray:

bcoulter19
05-30-2013, 02:53 PM
:pray: thought and prayers go out to his Family.

rcdurango
05-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Judy and I are sorry to hear the news! :pray: for the family hoping time will heal. It's really sad.

kentuckyguy
05-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Judy and I are sorry to hear the news! :pray: for the family hoping time will heal. It's really sad.

Yes it is.. Now the news is that a young high school lady from here lost her life in a car wreck this afternoon...