PDA

View Full Version : Time to vent and ask a question...or two....

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I usually read the posts on a daily basis and maybe I am missing something. Is there a prohibition against including the actual name of a dealership whether it is about something positive or negative? The exception would be those posts about Cowtown and Pitbull. Some of us are not fortunate enough to live close enough to have these folks serve our needs. I just read a great write up about the experience an owner had after traveling some distance to a different dealer after a poor experience at a local dealer. What I don't understand is the name of either was not mentioned. I wish there was a location where owners could post their reviews of the dealerships for all to read and digest. Sort of an "Angie's List" for Spyder owners. If this information does already exist, I apologize in advance and kindly ask that someone point me in that direction. I am on my second dealer and am sick and tired of it taking a week to get a simple part and technicians telling me that a problem is "just the nature of the beast" when I know better. When you drive another Spyder and the problem does to exist, that is what we call a clue that there is in fact a problem with my machine. It just burns me to pay $30,000 for a machine that the manufacturer and their representatives (that would be the dealerships) don't really seem to care about after the sale. While on the topic of the manufacturer, do all parts come from HQ in Canada? Or are there stocking warehouses strategically placed around the country to speed the delivery of parts? I waited a week for a $49.00 part, the dealer installed it and....wait for it....it was defective. Guess what....wait another week! And the dealer is unable to look into a vibration problem until he gets the first problem fixed. I would think that BRP would overnight a part if there was an issue with the first one they sent and it has a customer dead in the water. These are wonderful machines and I normally praise them to those that ask, but that it getting harder to do. I guess the question that is slowly creeping into my mind is "does BRP really care?" They got the money on the sale of the machine, but I mostly read about the problems after the sale. The dealers are the face of BRP and one would think that they would monitor their performance and clamp down on those that do not meet standards. Has anyone ever received a customer satisfaction survey from BRP after a service visit?
I appreciate everyone's patience while I blow off some steam and hopefully learn something.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Wellllll... :opps:
There's no prohibition against naming names... Nut since most dealers aren't in here so that they can tell their side of the story; it just doesn't seem quite right to slam them...
And you'll never solve a problem with a dealer out in an open forum; you'll just make them madder...
But if somebody asks for a name; you can always throw it out in the forum, OR PM it to them...

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Bob,
I agree with your comments, but I am not looking to solve a problem in an open forum. I was looking for solid information on those dealers that have proven themselves reliable and the same on those that have a track record of being unreliable or price gouging or other things that consumers should aware of. A dealer doesn't have to "defend" himself if his work is solid and he treats customers the way they should be treated. While you can't please everyone all the time, customer reviews will find their own level. Kind of like the bell curve. I am just tired of the "pot luck" experience with this machine. When is BRP going to realize that this is really starting to hurt them?

GloryRyders
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
In regards to your question about a survey after a service visit.......................I have gotten them several times, they are sent by e-mail with a link to a web site. I happen to be one of the blessed ones with two great dealers in the state, Cowtown (80 miles one way) and Pitbull (225 miles one way)! I was just at Cowtown today for an oil change, new rear break, and a general check-up before we leave for the Owners Event!:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Another suggestion: put the dealers name in the search engine and see if they have come up before. There have been a few "bad" ones that come up repeatedly.

Another suggestion: Ask for dealer recommendations from people in your area. That usually results in some good information.

Another suggestion: When a problem does arise, you need to go through the "process" to give the dealer a chance to resolve it. If the problem is not solved, you contact BRP customer service and get their help. It is usually at that point that it is presented to the forum for help, discussion, etc.

asp125
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I see no problem with naming the good ones. More publicity will drive business to them.

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Not sure why they have never sent me one. And my machine is fully registered with the selling dealer and BRP.

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Asp125,
I agree with you, but also naming the bad ones will hopefully drive them out of business. Or at least keep innocent people from falling victim to their evil plans.

rabtech
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Two good dealers that can get the job done. Cullman Powersports in Cullman Alabama and in Hamilton Alabama it is Motor Sport Super Store. I know the Can Am Mechanic at both of these places and they are pretty dang good. :thumbup:

The bad ones are Big Number 1 in Birmingham AL and Olive Branch Can Am in Olive Branch Mississippi. These two dealers just lack a knowledgeable service department. Like everyone I have my own facts about the four that make me feel this way. Don't get your panties
in a bunch if you happen to like or dislike one of them. Just the way I feel.

boomerkc
05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm not 100% positive but believe BRP's has a parts warehouse located in Wisconsin. Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Now, with saying that, I have also experienced a long wait for parts to be shipped to dealer (glad they weren't causing me to be shut down) so not sure if this warehouse has limited inventory or doesn't stock all the parts, then they would have to come over the border, through customs, etc.

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Jim,
How'd that leg of yours heal up? :shocked:

spyderpoop
05-29-2013, 06:12 PM
I totally agree with you BRP has a poor service after the sale attitude and the few that have a great dealership in their area is very Lucky and don't understand all of us that don't have one BUT for the most part all the THOUSANDS of ISSUES on this site is from BRP and Dealership lack of concern to keep the customer happy and is poor way to run a Business BUT I Love my Bike but we all got to deal with the poor BIKE issues BRP lack of quality has and Like you said they don't care I spoke with JULES (BRP REP) in Canada a few times and its like ok let her hang the phone up so she don't have to deal with it attitude glad you wrote this and you was not afraid to ruffle some peoples feathers and now you,ll get critized I,am sure like I do when I post something like this but $25-30 K for a bike that breaks down is crazy

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
I took the advice in the previous post and searched on the names of my two closest dealers. I found one post where the question was asked about experiences, but no one replied. The info on the second only consisted of the fact that the machine was purchased from them. I thought about other Spyder owners around me and there is only one that is really close and I know that he drives or trailers his machine to New York from Ohio to have work done it. As far as following "the process" I read far too many posts where "the process" comes into play. For a dealer to tell an owner "that is the nature of the beast" and no matter how much I protest they stand their ground. I don't want to do business with them and I would hope to avoid a similar experience at other shops by having information on their performance in advance. I did try following the "process" on my vibration issue and was told by BRP that these type of issues are best resolved through the dealer. When I told them I was not getting anywhere with the dealer, I was told that the dealers are trained to diagnose and remedy these problem and to go through them. Can anyone say "deaf"?
I am not looking to start a fight with anyone. I just have a hard time understanding why such a (large?) number of people are having the problems they are, myself included, and it remains status quo with the manufacturer and their representatives.

stevedfive
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Name names if you choose to. They have ever opportunity to voice their side if they want. Every dealer I have visited knows of this site, as well as some of the others sites Spyder owners use. Like Sgt. Joe Friday use to say, "Just the facts..."

Farmbanker
05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
The auto manufacturers seem to have figured out a rating system for their dealers that they incent based on their results from sales and service satisfaction surveys. Better ratings mean better pricing for units bought and thus more profit if they rate high by the customers. Can I assume that BRP does NOT have this in place? If so, wouldn't it be a win win if they did so? Five star dealers get the best deAl, three stars less so.....? Would address the issue at hand and would seem to be the fairest. BRP, are you listening?

Pennyrick
05-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I took the advice in the previous post and searched on the names of my two closest dealers. I found one post where the question was asked about experiences, but no one replied. The info on the second only consisted of the fact that the machine was purchased from them. I thought about other Spyder owners around me and there is only one that is really close and I know that he drives or trailers his machine to New York from Ohio to have work done it. As far as following "the process" I read far too many posts where "the process" comes into play. For a dealer to tell an owner "that is the nature of the beast" and no matter how much I protest they stand their ground. I don't want to do business with them and I would hope to avoid a similar experience at other shops by having information on their performance in advance. I did try following the "process" on my vibration issue and was told by BRP that these type of issues are best resolved through the dealer. When I told them I was not getting anywhere with the dealer, I was told that the dealers are trained to diagnose and remedy these problem and to go through them. Can anyone say "deaf"?
I am not looking to start a fight with anyone. I just have a hard time understanding why such a (large?) number of people are having the problems they are, myself included, and it remains status quo with the manufacturer and their representatives.

I have named the dealer I am most satisfied with in my area (Mountain Motorsports in Conyers Georgia) several times in past posts. They also own dealerships in Kodak, TN (where my Spyder has been serviced on trips) and Marietta, Georgia. I have heard several positive comments about those dealerships as well. I have also heard good things about Extreme Propulsion, the dealer in Cartersville, Georgia.

I am not a big fan of running lists of poor dealers because I always believe there are two sides to every complaint and there isn't much opportunity to hear the other side. Despite that I have no problem with one or more unhappy SpyderLovers communicating via Private Messaging to someone looking for what dealers to trust or to avoid. You show your location as northern Ohio.... that is a pretty broad geographic area. Perhaps if you would narrow the location down a bit and ask members to provide dealer information via PM they may help out. We did this recently for a SpyderLover in East Tennessee and he ended up with several dealer recommendations within riding distance.

Biosafena
05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
After due consideration, I believe it is time to put my cards on the table. I purchased my machine from Powersports Cleveland. Talk about kiss my behind during the purchase! Free hat for wife and I. Discount on accessories. Blah. Blah. Salesman told me numerous times that I did not need an extended warranty because "these things never break". Ain't even gonna dignify that claim with a response. They wanted $1200 for the warranty. Saw that a dealer in Colorado was selling the BRP warranty for $899. Did the right thing and called my dealer and asked if he could/would try to meet that price. Never called me back. Call again. No response. Took the bike in for a vibration problem and was given the "nature of the beast" line. Have ridden other machines and the vibration is not there, so something ain't right. Tried to talk with them about it. No luck. Call & email BRP. No luck. $30k and still vibrating.
With that said, I must say that I did stop by Hattiesburg Cycles while on vacation in hopes hey could find the cause of the vibration while I waited. They did agree that there is a problem, the owner of Hattiesburg Cycles (Mr. Larry ?) even loaned me his own Spyder use to get lunch while they looked at my machine. In the end, no quick solution, but they were honest, didn't treat me like my IQ was below room temperature and told me that if I could leave the bike they "would find the problem and fix it quickly". Talk about a can do attitude. The only issue was that I was on vacation and could not leave the bike.
I use Tapatalk and just noticed that in the about 8 topics visible on the left margin, not including my post, there are two others that deal with very unhappy people. Coincidence?? I think not.

Netminder
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
We have dealer rating here in Quebec. One thing that bugs me though, is they build them right here and they are still 5k cheaper for you guys!:yikes: And Robert sport in Lake Placid, says BRP says they are not allowed to sell to Canadians! What the heck is up with that!:dontknow::dontknow:You would think we would at least get the same price!!OK my vent over, back to the original posting!

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Easy fix: Dual citizenships! :thumbup: :roflblack:

Buttsy
05-29-2013, 07:27 PM
I usually read the posts on a daily basis and maybe I am missing something. Is there a prohibition against including the actual name of a dealership whether it is about something positive or negative?

Not that I am aware of...........however I personally don't place a great deal of importance or value in "customer reviews". I have read someone say the worst experience they have ever had in their life was at "so and so" and then the very next post will say "That's weird I was given the best experience of my life". It's all subjective the expectations people have are all over the map and as such their reviews will always be as well. Quite frankly I have read some customer expectations on here that are laughable. Others exhibit so much patience I want to shake the poster and say "Don't take that BS". So post the names up I can't see the problem at all but personally I don't see any value in it. Good Luck with your problems and I hope someone can sort them out for you.

Buttsy
05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Has anyone ever received a customer satisfaction survey from BRP after a service visit?

Sorry almost forgot but the answer is Yes to this one............had mine a year, two maintenance visits to the dealer and two surveys from BRP. The dealer actually commented on my survey so I know the dealer gets them as well. Also received a survey shortly after purchase to express my feelings about the purchase experience from my dealer.

MountainSeaDog
05-29-2013, 07:46 PM
A previous post mentioned an unnamed dealer in Colorado selling the extended warranty for $899. I just took delivery of a 2013 RT limited last Thursday and paid $749 for the BRP US Inc 36 month extension to 5 years. Naturally I can't address service yet but they seem to know what they are doing and the two Spyder owners I talked to while I was loitering in the parking lot seemed very happy with the service setup. The dealer is Fremont Motorsports in Florence (home of the Federal prison where the stateside terrorists are serving their terms). Head out West from there and you are soon into the Arkansas River Gorge on US 50 where you can get a great dose of twisty curves while watching white-water rafters and serious fisherfolk along the way.

Netminder
05-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Easy fix: Dual citizenships! :thumbup: :roflblack:
Wish I could! Want to adopt me BoB!:roflblack::yikes:

bruiser
05-29-2013, 07:59 PM
As some have said, there are two sides to every story. I will be glad to supply both dealer names by PM. My reason for not mentioning names on the open forum is simple. I don't want to dissuade anyone from going to a certain dealer just on my opinion of that dealer. And vice versa. I will tell you what I think and the experiences I have had with them.

Customer satisfaction surveys are at best, ok. Most all are answered emotionally not objectively. Few that ask for further comment actually have comments included. I say this from personal experience as the company I worked for before retiring had a program run by an outside source. The powers that be finally realized, after several years, that the survey was unreliable.

We have received both mailed surveys and phone surveys from BRP. However, not in awhile. I would gladly and objectively complete a survey either from the dealer or BRP. I hope this helps answer some of your (y'alls) questions.

Wanted to add this. I went to my local dealer just before Spyderfest to purchase oil and filter. I was greeted by the service manager pretty quickly. We talked about oil changes and our pending trip to Spyderfest. He was very cordial. Even gave me a discount on the oil. On my next visit shortly after Spyderfest to order a part for BBs Spyder, it was as if I was invisible. No one acknowledged me as I waited to place the order. Not even the service manager who walked by me twice. I waited almost twenty minutes just to order that part and there was one person ahead of me. When I went back to pick up the part it was the same thing. I did manage to snag the service manager and ask about an appointment for a state inspection. He said to bring it in and they would try to get to it if I wanted to wait.

rabtech
05-29-2013, 08:10 PM
As some have said, there are two sides to every story. I will be glad to supply both dealer names by PM. My reason for not mentioning names on the open forum is simple. I don't want to dissuade anyone from going to a certain dealer just on my opinion of that dealer. And vice versa. I will tell you what I think and the experiences I have had with them.

Customer satisfaction surveys are at best, ok. Most all are answered emotionally not objectively. Few that ask for further comment actually have comments included. I say this from personal experience as the company I worked for before retiring had a program run by an outside source. The powers that be finally realized, after several years, that the survey was unreliable.

We have received both mailed surveys and phone surveys from BRP. However, not in awhile. I would gladly and objectively complete a survey either from the dealer or BRP. I hope this helps answer some of your (y'alls) questions.

I posted the names of the dealers above because of gross lack of skill. If there had been some small issues I would have held back. I would hope no one goes thru what I did with the service department of these. I posted because I feel that people need to know. Kinda like posting a sign on a electric fence. I want people to know it hurt when i touched it....

SC Chill
05-29-2013, 08:23 PM
I agree with the intent of the post. I will say that Matthews Fun Machines in Matthews, NC treated me well at the sale and at the 600 mile service. They recognized I was there early, well before they opened to allow the spyder to cools own before service, came and got me to put me first in line for service. Thanks, Rich.

Hberninger
05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
After due consideration, I believe it is time to put my cards on the table. I purchased my machine from Powersports Cleveland. Talk about kiss my behind during the purchase! Free hat for wife and I. Discount on accessories. Blah. Blah. Salesman told me numerous times that I did not need an extended warranty because "these things never break". Ain't even gonna dignify that claim with a response. They wanted $1200 for the warranty. Saw that a dealer in Colorado was selling the BRP warranty for $899. Did the right thing and called my dealer and asked if he could/would try to meet that price. Never called me back. Call again. No response. Took the bike in for a vibration problem and was given the "nature of the beast" line. Have ridden other machines and the vibration is not there, so something ain't right. Tried to talk with them about it. No luck. Call & email BRP. No luck. $30k and still vibrating.
With that said, I must say that I did stop by Hattiesburg Cycles while on vacation in hopes hey could find the cause of the vibration while I waited. They did agree that there is a problem, the owner of Hattiesburg Cycles (Mr. Larry ?) even loaned me his own Spyder use to get lunch while they looked at my machine. In the end, no quick solution, but they were honest, didn't treat me like my IQ was below room temperature and told me that if I could leave the bike they "would find the problem and fix it quickly". Talk about a can do attitude. The only issue was that I was on vacation and could not leave the bike.
I use Tapatalk and just noticed that in the about 8 topics visible on the left margin, not including my post, there are two others that deal with very unhappy people. Coincidence?? I think not.

Biosfena,
Sorry to hear of you negative experience with dealers. If all fails, I recommend J&J Cycles in Huron, OH. A small dealer, but very customer friendly.
Bernie

pellcitypete
05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Two good dealers that can get the job done. Cullman Powersports in Cullman Alabama and in Hamilton Alabama it is Motor Sport Super Store. I know the Can Am Mechanic at both of these places and they are pretty dang good. :thumbup:

The bad ones are Big Number 1 in Birmingham AL and Olive Branch Can Am in Olive Branch Mississippi. These two dealers just lack a knowledgeable service department. Like everyone I have my own facts about the four that make me feel this way. Don't get your panties
in a bunch if you happen to like or dislike one of them. Just the way I feel. I agree 100% with you on the fact that big#1 is a joke an the one in Cullman is a good one !:thumbup: I had no problem naming names . Butt the dealers do read this form and they don't like bad reports I say do good work get good report :thumbup:

pellcitypete
05-29-2013, 09:55 PM
The auto manufacturers seem to have figured out a rating system for their dealers that they incent based on their results from sales and service satisfaction surveys. Better ratings mean better pricing for units bought and thus more profit if they rate high by the customers. Can I assume that BRP does NOT have this in place? If so, wouldn't it be a win win if they did so? Five star dealers get the best deAl, three stars less so.....? Would address the issue at hand and would seem to be the fairest. BRP, are you listening? They do have a rating sys. 5 stars great 2 stars bad so BRP knows what is said on here !

asp125
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't have to name my dealer, they are the only one in Denver. So far I haven't had to use them for service, but I had to repeatedly bug them for my gas cap recall. They told me my Spyder (bought used from them) would be registered with BRP and that I'd get the recall notice. After 4 months of waiting I finally just went and talked with the service manager and got my gas cap.

SpyderWolf
05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
As others have stated, since most dealer reviews are going to lead to mixed results the best approach would be to ask for dealer recommendations in your area. A couple weeks ago there was an owner coming to Charleston, SC, for vacation who was going to need service along the way. He asked for recommendations and many of us gave him multiple options based on our own experiences. He wound up using Velocity Powersports and was very pleased with the result. That is one of the best ways for us to help each other.

For what its worth, I just ordered some parts directly from the BRP online store. I expected them to come from Canada, but they were actually shipped from Alcoa Good Times in TN and arrived in about a week. If I can get that kind of service directly from their online store, I find it hard to believe a dealer would have a more difficult time and a longer wait to get many of the parts they need. I also received an email survey about the purchase process that I am going to fill out in a few minutes.

I have also received a service satisfaction survey after every service performed by a dealer. As Bruiser stated, I am not sure how helpful these are to BRP but I always fill them out honestly and include additional comments about what I liked or didn't like with the dealership.

stillriding
05-30-2013, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Biosafena;630766]After due consideration, I believe it is time to put my cards on the table. I purchased my machine from Powersports Cleveland. Talk about kiss my behind during the purchase! Free hat for wife and I. Discount on accessories. Blah. Blah. Salesman told me numerous times that I did not need an extended warranty because "these things never break". Ain't even gonna dignify that claim with a response. They wanted $1200 for the warranty. Saw that a dealer in Colorado was selling the BRP warranty for $899. Did the right thing and called my dealer and asked if he could/would try to meet that price. Never called me back. Call again. No response. Took the bike in for a vibration problem and was given the "nature of the beast" line. Have ridden other machines and the vibration is not there, so something ain't right. Tried to talk with them about it. No luck. Call & email BRP. No luck. $30k and still vibrating.

PM sent.

flaggerphil
05-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I totally agree with you BRP has a poor service after the sale attitude and the few that have a great dealership in their area is very Lucky and don't understand all of us that don't have one BUT for the most part all the THOUSANDS of ISSUES on this site is from BRP and Dealership lack of concern to keep the customer happy and is poor way to run a Business BUT I Love my Bike but we all got to deal with the poor BIKE issues BRP lack of quality has and Like you said they don't care I spoke with JULES (BRP REP) in Canada a few times and its like ok let her hang the phone up so she don't have to deal with it attitude glad you wrote this and you was not afraid to ruffle some peoples feathers and now you,ll get critized I,am sure like I do when I post something like this but $25-30 K for a bike that breaks down is crazy

:shocked:

Whoa...someone stole your punctuation!

cabodan
05-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Call BRP costumer service directly and give them your concerns.Also you may get a little compensation for your down time and poor service from that dealer you mentioned.Good luck....

jthornton
05-30-2013, 11:10 AM
In regards to your question about a survey after a service visit.......................I have gotten them several times, they are sent by e-mail with a link to a web site. I happen to be one of the blessed ones with two great dealers in the state, Cowtown (80 miles one way) and Pitbull (225 miles one way)! I was just at Cowtown today for an oil change, new rear break, and a general check-up before we leave for the Owners Event!:2thumbs:

I can add one more Dealer in the great state of Missouri, while not as big as the other two the Service Department at Midwest Sports Center in Farmington is top notch and tries very hard to do the right thing for the customer. I assume the Service Departments are what we are rating here...

JT

flaggerphil
05-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee is, IMHO, outstanding. Daytona Fun Machines is also very good.

Route 1 Motorsports in Grant, FL...not so much.

:sour:

daveinva
05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely caveat emptor when it comes to dealer reviews, particularly in the service departments.

There are great dealers. There are terrible dealers. Then there are "good enough" dealers, or "good luck with that" dealers. And everything in between, sometimes even depending on the day of the week.

Customer service is hard. Let's start from that, shall we? No matter how good a business is, it's tough to get great customer service 100% of the time. We're all human.

And, of course, we customers all have our own different ideas of what makes for good customer service. Some of us want as much of a personal touch as possible. Others prefer a more transactional approach.

I admit, I'm in the latter category. Contrary to my internet persona, I'm generally a man of few words. I love online shopping, show me the Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews (and I read the positive AND negative reviews, and take salt with both). I love the no-haggle Carmax model and "buy it now" eBay auctions. Tell me in writing what you're selling me, quote me a price, and let's get on with it. I realize, however, that there are others out there who prefer a very different consumer style.

Thing is, two people can go to the same Spyder dealer, have almost identical experiences, yet come away with very different perceptions. Thus, if you only have two reviews of any one dealer, you're not getting enough information.

For that reason, I'm all for naming dealers here at Spyderlovers. Rave about great service, complain about bad service. But don't just rave or complain-- *explain* what happened to make you rave or complain. Give us all the information you can, and we'll make our own decisions then. :thumbup:

jerpinoy
05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Good relationship between people always end up in good terms. Bullying is detrimental to anyone.

Good timing is the best time. Good greetings will open up a bright day. A nice smile will lift some creases on someone face.:yes::yes: Have a nice day to all. God Bless us all. Lets ride and be safe.

Mr. White
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I will tell you my dealers name....hey, it is (was) in the phonebook.... South Texas Suzuki, Lytle, TX. Took me six weeks to get a throttle body...I called BRP and they said they were having "some problems" with this dealer. Finally got the TB and BR1 runs like a hose.

Two months ago a friend of mine (Suzuki guy) was there and the U.S. Mashalls showed up and lots of folks started loading up all of the BRP Spyders and boats. Later Suzuki and Kawasaki came by also.

Dealer is closed! Now I have two other dealer's within 50 miles of me so I gotta choose one and see how it goes. Wish me luck as I get mixed reports on both....ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

:spyder2:

MouthPiece
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I try to err on the side of extolling the virtues, and mentioning the name of my dealership, Seminole Power Sports, in Sanford, Flarda, (there I did it again) versus any complaints that I may have. I do this because I'm not the brightest bulb in the house when it comes to mechanics. Consequently, I don't have the credentials to "make judgment" about mechanical issues and whether they have acted properly or not. I think it human nature to over state when we are upset. In those instances, I feel that I should not mention their name. However, I do feel that I'm fully capable of reporting when "fixes" are made in a prompt and professional manner and are done with a service oriented attitude.

Chris

Chris

Mad Mike
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I bought mine after reading a lot of negatives on this site and others. When a company, let's say, Company Named "PRB" builds a product and sells to the public. Computer faults and codes as well as common fixes and flaws are sent back to "PRB" over the years for analysis by the dealerships. "PRB" tells dealership that it was same old same old and not to worry. If I were President of "PRB", I would make SURE that someone in Enginering, Re-engineered the thing until it was right. I would make sure that after the first year or two of production that the forums wouldn't be full of problems that kept coming up..Car companies have problems that sometimes take years to find and I'm sure the same applies here. But HEY JACK! Get back to the drawing board and please do your job...If You Can't get it done, then BYE! Find someone that can. TOO MANY PEOPLE NEED A JOB!! I love my 2011 but if things don't change, with regard to a lot of the common flaws, I'm GONE! I echo the common theme..Pay 30K for problems, I have enough without payin' for more . I will add that I've been fortunate to have a great mechanic at the dealership I use. If there is an issue, he talks to me and the service manager tries hard to please as well. Only Minor issue with some phone calls and a part order that took 6 months (to get a hitch, should have gone to e-bay). Lexington Motorsports. (Lex. KY)..

"ENGINEER OUT" OR "RE-DESIGN" to ELIMINATE THE PROBLEMS!!!! OR AT LEAST TRY.. Please "PRB"

It Can Be Done..Too much intelligence in house to allow failure and EVERYONE on this site knows it. It Can Be Done!

Thank You and Have a Nice Day!:thumbup:

Biosafena
05-31-2013, 07:08 AM
After reading some of the posts, I see that people can easily tell when it is time to "blast a dealer out of the water" with their comments. There is a line that when crossed, a person can tell and it is time to say something. On the other side, I see people are also singing the praises of many dealers. This trust is something that is earned and the dealer must always work to earn and keep that. The information posted here is certainly beneficial to some people based upon the named dealer being geographically desirable.

Biosafena
05-31-2013, 10:35 AM
To Mad Mike:
Amen.

Flanker
05-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Wellllll... :opps:
There's no prohibition against naming names... Nut since most dealers aren't in here so that they can tell their side of the story; it just doesn't seem quite right to slam them...
And you'll never solve a problem with a dealer out in an open forum; you'll just make them madder...
But if somebody asks for a name; you can always throw it out in the forum, OR PM it to them...
Excellent points!

viperryder
05-31-2013, 01:16 PM

I see that you are from Northeast Ohio. Here is a dealer that I can verify is GREAT. Johnny K's in Niles Ohio. 420 Youngstown-Niles Road. Ph 330-544-9696. I did have problems with my RT SE5 and since I have taken it to them they have done wonders. They are also a sponsor of Spyderlovers. Hope this helps and good luck.

Ga Blue Knight
05-31-2013, 01:35 PM
My local dealer won't order anything until they have at least $150 of value to order in parts, so if you need a $6 grommet it's going to take a while to get it! They don't order parts for stock either except oil change kits. That mean if anything goes boink on you Spyder it going to be a wait of at least a week or to to get the part. Totally inadequate! On the other hand the folks are friendly, trying hard and just untrained and incompetent. BRP should never have given them a dealership to begin with! They lost their only certified Spyder Tech three months ago and I have no idea how they are working on Spyders. I will not bring mine there anymore but will ride 80 miles to the next competent dealership if need be. It would appear that the dealership network is degrading across the nation in total with a few dealerships appearing that are truly outstanding.

ARtraveler
05-31-2013, 01:40 PM
My local dealer won't order anything until they have at least $150 of value to order in parts, so if you need a $6 grommet it's going to take a while to get it! They don't order parts for stock either except oil change kits. That mean if anything goes boink on you Spyder it going to be a wait of at least a week or to to get the part. Totally inadequate! On the other hand the folks are friendly, trying hard and just untrained and incompetent. BRP should never have given them a dealership to begin with! They lost their only certified Spyder Tech three months ago and I have no idea how they are working on Spyders. I will not bring mine there anymore but will ride 80 miles to the next competent dealership if need be. It would appear that the dealership network is degrading across the nation in total with a few dealerships appearing that are truly outstanding.

Inventory is a big deal and there are certain supplies that a dealer should have in stock. It was my understanding from my dealer that BRP requires dealers to have X $'s of inventory (:spyder2:'s) and X $'s of parts inventory. I am wondering how they are still able to sell :ani29:'s if they are not at least making minimums.

They probably cannot carry one of everything--but--they need sufficient stuff to keep the business going. The course they are on will put them out of business eventually because no one wants to wait a week or two for something every time they need it.

gila river rafter
05-31-2013, 02:19 PM

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....I believe that you have hit the nail on the head .Ridenow Sports in Tucson ( Ina ) Has good mechanics, management, and staff.However they have as many problems dealing with BRP as the customers do. re: parts, technical follow up,and general concern for customers after the sale.This is why I no longer have the 2013 rs . gila river rafter

boborgera
05-31-2013, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ga Blue Knight;631912]My local dealer won't order anything until they have at least $150 of value to order in parts, so if you need a $6 grommet it's going to take a while to get it! They don't order parts for stock either except oil change kits. That mean if anything goes boink on you Spyder it going to be a wait of at least a week or to to get the part.
QUOTE]

That's was about the same with the dealer i bought the Spyder from' only he said 500min? Now that was over a year and a half ago so it might have changed since then, They can red flag a part, But that 6 dollar part will then become +25$ express shipping.....

Biosafena
06-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Well, I just got home with my 2012 RT Ltd from being at the dealer for 2-1/2 weeks for repairs. This is what they replaced (twice!).
Can-Am
Windshield Motor Support Ass'y
$573.49
Apparently the electronics in this control the windshield and the parking brake. BRP sent one and that was defective, so had to wait for another one to be delivered.
Also had them look at a vibration that I get at certain RPM's that will make you numb after a while, especially when riding 2 up. They agreed that something ain't right, but after checking the obvious, they couldn't find anything. Said to run it and bring it back in the fall when I could leave it for an extended period of time. Does anyone know if the windshield motor assembly is something that is known to be a problem and fail? A also does anyone have any ideas on the vibration? It is more than just the belt.

NancysToy
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
The windshield motor hasn't been a common failure, yours is the first I've heard of. That is it is not common if you don't count the broken dogbone links.

Jeriatric
06-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Well, I just got home with my 2012 RT Ltd from being at the dealer for 2-1/2 weeks for repairs. This is what they replaced (twice!).
Can-Am
Windshield Motor Support Ass'y
$573.49
Apparently the electronics in this control the windshield and the parking brake. BRP sent one and that was defective, so had to wait for another one to be delivered.
Also had them look at a vibration that I get at certain RPM's that will make you numb after a while, especially when riding 2 up. They agreed that something ain't right, but after checking the obvious, they couldn't find anything. Said to run it and bring it back in the fall when I could leave it for an extended period of time. Does anyone know if the windshield motor assembly is something that is known to be a problem and fail? A also does anyone have any ideas on the vibration? It is more than just the belt.

Not sure I'd wait for fall......but that's me.

Could be:

Loose sprocket - front or rear

missing tooth on belt - debri collected on belt - or embeded stone

engine improperly alligned - touching frame

If the problem is any of these, I'd think it not wise to be left till fall - jmo

Biosafena
06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
During my most recent visit they checked the motor mounts for something touching and said all is good there. Everything is usually smooth, but when I start up a grade at say 70 mph, the vibration starts in you feet and comes on quickly and can be felt through the entire machine. The best way I can describe it would be a roller bearing that has no lube and is worn. It actually feels and sounds crunchy. It has been this way since it was new and now has just turned 4 thousand miles on the odometer. Once I crest the grade, the vibration no really stops. Also, if I goose the throttle, it will stop vibrating and then come right back. Two dealers have said something isn't right, but they want to keep it for an extended period of time to tear everything apart. They just had it for over 2 weeks and summer around here isn't long to begin with.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Biosafena
06-05-2013, 08:09 PM
It should read "once I crest the grade, the Vibration usually stops"

Jeriatric
06-05-2013, 08:15 PM
During my most recent visit they checked the motor mounts for something touching and said all is good there. Everything is usually smooth, but when I start up a grade at say 70 mph, the vibration starts in you feet and comes on quickly and can be felt through the entire machine. The best way I can describe it would be a roller bearing that has no lube and is worn. It actually feels and sounds crunchy. It has been this way since it was new and now has just turned 4 thousand miles on the odometer. Once I crest the grade, the vibration no really stops. Also, if I goose the throttle, it will stop vibrating and then come right back. Two dealers have said something isn't right, but they want to keep it for an extended period of time to tear everything apart. They just had it for over 2 weeks and summer around here isn't long to begin with.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Climbing a grade by yourself, 2 up, or 2 up with trailer and you sense a vibration. (sounds like normal V twin vibration to me)

Trust me on this. Next time - drop it back to 4th gear and the vibes will go away.

Once you top the grade slip her back into 5th.

You won't hurt a thing. The vibration will go away. And, your spyder will thank you for it.

Biosafena
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM
No, it isn't the normal v-twin vibration. I mean this is crunchy! I can even feel it on hard acceleration as I work through each gear. Two service managers have said some in isn't right, but they'd on know what it is.

Jeriatric
06-05-2013, 08:51 PM
No, it isn't the normal v-twin vibration. I mean this is crunchy! I can even feel it on hard acceleration as I work through each gear. Two service managers have said some in isn't right, but they'd on know what it is.

No way I would continue to ride something 'crunchy' because my dealer said he doesn't have time to figure it out, but at the same time says, along with another dealer, something's not right.

Something doesn't add up. Or........your dealer is?

NancysToy
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Just make sure they have documented your complaint or have opened a service ticket on it. You don't want them saying later that you should have brought it in sooner.