PDA

View Full Version : We took our longest ride so far...

GMac
05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
...rode up to Rockport, MA and stayed in a B&B for a couple of nights for a combined birthday present to ourselves. This is also our first time using the luggage that came with the Limited. I honestly never thought I'd use it and even if I did I didn't really think I'd think that much of it. Boy, was I wrong. Being able to pack those and know that they all fit exactly right was perfect (and it had the added benefit of knowing we couldn't buy a lot of "crap" we didn't need when we were shopping because we'd have nowhere to put it coming home).

We've put just over 2000 miles on it now in the last seven weeks and are looking forward to many more!

Jeriatric
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
...rode up to Rockport, MA and stayed in a B&B for a couple of nights for a combined birthday present to ourselves. This is also our first time using the luggage that came with the Limited. I honestly never thought I'd use it and even if I did I didn't really think I'd think that much of it. Boy, was I wrong. Being able to pack those and know that they all fit exactly right was perfect (and it had the added benefit of knowing we couldn't buy a lot of "crap" we didn't need when we were shopping because we'd have nowhere to put it coming home).

We've put just over 2000 miles on it now in the last seven weeks and are looking forward to many more!

Time for a trailer :roflblack: Glad you had a fun trip :thumbup:

Littlebadwolf
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Always nice to hear of a nice ride....I'd recommend that you invest in a dual Sena head set to talk with each other, listen to music, gps info....I'm not a salesman at all...just passing off my thought that's it's great to communicate with you...but gives access to everybody on the paring configuration ....I used to complain when I had to turn the intenna to pick up the biggest station for music and tv.....

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 04:34 PM
:clap: Glad to hear of a xuccessful journey! :thumbup:
And Belated Birthday wishes for you both! :2thumbs:

Tanshanomi
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
This is also our first time using the luggage that came with the Limited. I honestly never thought I'd use it and even if I did I didn't really think I'd think that much of it. Boy, was I wrong. Being able to pack those and know that they all fit exactly right was perfect (and it had the added benefit of knowing we couldn't buy a lot of "crap" we didn't need when we were shopping because we'd have nowhere to put it coming home).

You're right, the fitted luggage is pretty dang slick. When my wife bought her RT Base, it didn't come with the luggage, but after her test ride she got a BRP promo coupon for $500 in free accessories. She used it to get both the frunk rollaway case and the saddlebag liners. She loves them! She had just enough left over to get a Can-Am duffel bag that can go behind her on the passenger seat for "overflow" ...in case we find some unexpected souvenirs along the way we just can't live without!

GMac
05-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Always nice to hear of a nice ride....I'd recommend that you invest in a dual Sena head set to talk with each other, listen to music, gps info....I'm not a salesman at all...just passing off my thought that's it's great to communicate with you...but gives access to everybody on the paring configuration ....I used to complain when I had to turn the intenna to pick up the biggest station for music and tv.....

...one for me, one for my wife and one for when my son rides with me (I know, I could switch them but it's too much of a pain so I just bit the bullet and bought the extra one). I agree, they're great and this was our first trip using them!! (we actually just use them for the intercom and listen to the iPod and GPS through the speakers)

GMac
05-29-2013, 07:20 PM
You're right, the fitted luggage is pretty dang slick. When my wife bought her RT Base, it didn't come with the luggage, but after her test ride she got a BRP promo coupon for $500 in free accessories. She used it to get both the frunk rollaway case and the saddlebag liners. She loves them! She had just enough left over to get a Can-Am duffel bag that can go behind her on the passenger seat for "overflow" ...in case we find some unexpected souvenirs along the way we just can't live without!

We both have Can-Am jackets and she has their gloves as well...but a coupon like that would have been nice after spending that much money on the bike itself!! Oh, well - that's really just complaining to be complaining...I'm actually incredibly happy with the bike!!

SPYD3R
05-29-2013, 07:33 PM
ROCKPORT is a gr8 take... hope you found time to make your way over to Essex and had 'fried clams' at the original founder, :bowdown: WOODMAN'S..... awesome sea food.... :yes: