PDA

View Full Version : MC death in GA

Cavman
05-29-2013, 12:19 PM
A friend sent this to me that is concerned that I ride a motorcycle. I pointed out to him about the systems we have on the Spyders. That I would not even fix the dead 650 Yamaha that has been sitting in my garage for decades because I'm not wanting to ride a two wheeled bike in the Atlanta area.

http://cartersville.patch.com/articles/area-funeral-director-dies-in-i-75-crash-in-emerson

ARtraveler
05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Sad to hear of the motorcycle death. Thoughts and :pray::pray: go out to the family.

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
That's a shame; Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family... :pray:

boborgera
05-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I assume your friend drives a car, If so next time you see a news paper clipping about someone dieing in a car crash send the article to him.....
Just my opinion...........

ARtraveler
05-29-2013, 12:42 PM
I assume your friend drives a car, If so next time you see a news paper clipping about someone dieing in a car crash send the article to him.....
Just my opinion...........

Good thought. Fatal accidents can happen anywhere and anytime. When its your time, its going to be your time. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, planes, trains, busses, skateboards, and you name it, are just some of the endless possibilities.

MarkLawson
05-29-2013, 12:55 PM
The article mentioned he was pulling a trailer. That may have contributed to the conditions resulting in the crash. If the tongue weight is incorrect, especially if it is light or even negative, the trailer have begun to sway back and forth when blown by the passing semi. This could have added to a very difficult condition for the rider to maintain control.

So sorry for the results, regardless of the causes.

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I think that you're right; the trailer could have caused the oscillations to get started... :yikes:

Jeriatric
05-29-2013, 01:21 PM
We all come with an expiration date. Can we supersede it? Certainly, but it's likely our fault if we do. Not the manufacturers. jmo

bruiser
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Prayers to the family.

A few years back I was travelling on I95 behind a pickup pulling a camper trailer. The trailer started fishtailing and next thing I knew the truck went off the side of the road, flipped on it's side and rolled. The trailer broke loose turned across the highway and was hit by a minivan which in turn was hit by a box truck. Two helicopters were called in for the criticals. The other 4 were transported by ambulance. The people in the pickup received only bruises and minor cuts despite the fact it was totaled. The suspected cause was improper load on the trailer tongue.