PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset Questions

Hawk
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
I have the Cardo G4. When I am using the GPS, the prompts come in, it "disconnects" the passenger G4, a few seconds go by and it "reconnects" to the passenger. I say disconnect, as it totally mutes the other person and it takes a few seconds for them to come back on. This is annoying, especially since we have to manually hit the A channel button to re-establish communication every now and then. I am wanting a headset that keeps the connection active. When I say active, it doesn't mute the passenger totally out. Kinda like some car gps', when you get a phone call, you still hear the GPS in the background, its muted some, but you can still hear it. Does the SENA do this or does it act just like the g4? If it does totally mute the passenger, do they instantly come back or does it take a few seconds to re-establish contact with the passenger?

spyder3
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
What you have described is how mine works also, and Im pretty sure that is the way it is supposed to work. The GPS gets preference over, rider to passenger/ Possibly you can change that, but i'm not sure.

Also, if you are constantly connected to the rider, your battery will be used up much quicker.

shelbydave
05-28-2013, 03:22 PM
That's just the nature of bluetooth. It can only have 1 active connection at a time. This was something we had to get used to moving from the wired Chatterbox to the Sena SMH-10. I also don't care for the VOX feature. The delay of establishing the connection makes it just about useless.

On a side note, we are also paired with a SM-10 for music, and GPS. The SM-10 is nice because the GPS audio will come in over the music, and it is pretty instant.

Trickie Dick
05-28-2013, 09:08 PM
In your owner's manual, you will see the priorities that your gps uses. I don't think you can change them. I have a G4 as well, I just turn off the bluetooth to the GPS and just watch it if I need to. No interruptions to the music that way, unless the wife has something to say and then...............
The G4 will disconnect rider A(you) from rider B(her) if the connection is idle for a certain amount of time.

Hawk
05-28-2013, 10:05 PM
In your owner's manual, you will see the priorities that your gps uses. I don't think you can change them. I have a G4 as well, I just turn off the bluetooth to the GPS and just watch it if I need to. No interruptions to the music that way, unless the wife has something to say and then...............
The G4 will disconnect rider A(you) from rider B(her) if the connection is idle for a certain amount of time.

Yeah, I did not mean a constant connection between riders just if she was saying something, then the gps came on, i could still hear her, although slightly muted (or vice versa, depending on the priority settings) in the background. Guess I want too much. I want it all!!!!!:D

coastrider
05-29-2013, 12:11 AM
If you go into the GPS settings and switch the Bluetooth output from the Cardo headset to "other", it will direct the GPS directions to the external speakers without breaking the cardo's connection.

Hawk
05-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Thats how I have it now. I just want my cake and eat it too.