PDA

View Full Version : brand new rss dps fault

HATER27
05-28-2013, 01:36 PM
i was riding yesterday and the dps fault came on and put me into limp mode. after restarting it 5 times i shook the handle bars and started again the dps fault was gone. rode the rest of the day has this happened to anyone else. do u think it is ok to ride also.
thanks

Bob Denman
05-28-2013, 05:26 PM
YOu might want ot pop by the dealership and have them hook it up to their BUDS unit; it'll show them what error codes have been stored...
By any chance; could you have been riding the brake pedal al little bit? That's something that really gives "Nanny" fits... :shocked:

HATER27
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
no i stay away from the brake it was the only thing my salesman told me. thx for ur help going tuesdayb

sschiltz
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
When you got the DPS fault was it very windy, or were you on a very long curved onramp?
That is where we had all of ours!
Had the dealer recenter the handlebars,That has helped but still get once in a while.
If after pulling the key & walking away, system is clear don't worry about it!!

NancysToy
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I agree that a side wind and/or a long sweeping curve can do it. The Spyder has steering angle and steering torque sensors, as well as a yaw sensor. In long curves or side winds these sensors sometimes mismatch readings a little. If the programmed interval times out, it thinks there is something wrong with the steering, and goes into limp mode for your safety. It can be made worse by steering that is not centered or steering sensors that are out of calibration. Have your tech center the steering, then zero the steering sensors. Thaht's all you can really do. If your riding conditions cause it again, pull over, center the handlebars, then turn the Spyder off for long enough (15-30 seconds) for the display to go blank for bit. Turn it back on and limp mode should be gone unless there is an actual problem like a bad sensor.

HATER27
06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Thx

DrewNJ
06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Maybe you shouldn't let TJ take it out powersliding in the rain with us.....:roflblack:

Seriously, have TJ pull the left rear fender and double check the bolts/cables on the battery. Mine did the same last year and it was a loose battery cable....:thumbup: The DPS draws a lot of power and goes goofy with loose connections.

Oh, we're still trying to get a good ride together in the VERY NEAR future....