PDA

View Full Version : Wife didn't see the humor

exwinger
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
I disconnected the wiring to the fuel gauge and didn't think anymore about it. Like the digital display a lot better and think it shows the level a lot better. Analog showed about a quarter and digital just under a half tank. Anyhow , my wife is a stickler on watching the fuel gauge and I hear from her all the time about needing gas....I tend to push it after getting used to how much I have left with miles driven ( 125 or so before stopping )................I know , one of these days.....LOL We went for a ride yesterday and were tooling around the sticks when I get a poke in the back and she is going crazy about us being totally out of gas ( needle all the way below E ) and no stations around. Not being the smartest at times I thought I'd have a little fun and told her not to worry , we have plenty of gas to go before needing any. All I could hear was how bad I was going to hear if we got stuck somewhere because I ran out of gas.Before it got any worse I told her to not to worry and pointed out the new gauge and how full it was . She didn't really see the humor in me not telling her about the new gauge. Now all I have to do is keep track of the new gauge until I get comfortable with its reading and actual gas left. She can't see the new reading as easily ass she could the analog now so we'll see how it goes.

Lamonster
05-28-2013, 11:01 AM
:thumbup::joke:

NancysToy
05-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Sounds like you had better paste a smiley face on your analog gauge face. :D

Bob Denman
05-28-2013, 11:59 AM
:lecturef_smilie: you've got to be careful when playing this game... :lecturef_smilie:
Most of our "Best-Halfs", have a memory that'd make an elephant VERY jealous! :shocked:

bruiser
05-28-2013, 02:31 PM
And you can't stay awake forever :shocked:

StanProff
05-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Up until now you sleep in the same bedroom,,,,,Right?? :shocked:

ARtraveler
05-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Nice move--but BE CAREFUL :roflblack:

currin20fan
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
:hun: Just remember, she knows where you live. :popcorn:

exwinger
05-28-2013, 09:04 PM
After 49 years I've found out she gets over things pretty quickly . Guess one of is trained and needless to say I think shes a KEEPER for sure...LOL

johnnyrocket
05-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I disconnected the wiring to the fuel gauge and didn't think anymore about it. Like the digital display a lot better and think it shows the level a lot better. Analog showed about a quarter and digital just under a half tank. Anyhow , my wife is a stickler on watching the fuel gauge and I hear from her all the time about needing gas....I tend to push it after getting used to how much I have left with miles driven ( 125 or so before stopping )................I know , one of these days.....LOL We went for a ride yesterday and were tooling around the sticks when I get a poke in the back and she is going crazy about us being totally out of gas ( needle all the way below E ) and no stations around. Not being the smartest at times I thought I'd have a little fun and told her not to worry , we have plenty of gas to go before needing any. All I could hear was how bad I was going to hear if we got stuck somewhere because I ran out of gas.Before it got any worse I told her to not to worry and pointed out the new gauge and how full it was . She didn't really see the humor in me not telling her about the new gauge. Now all I have to do is keep track of the new gauge until I get comfortable with its reading and actual gas left. She can't see the new reading as easily ass she could the analog now so we'll see how it goes.

It sure would have been funny if there was a malfunction and the engine quit:D

SpyderAnn01
05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
On my old Spyder the analog gauge read empty and I gave my sister a ride and she saw that and pointed it out at a stop sign. I told her I thought we probably had enough to make it to a gas station then I proceeded to go past the first station I saw. Several miles later at a stop light she jabbed me in the side and asked how come I didn't stop. I knew she was worried so I finally told her the gauge was disconnected. :roflblack:

SPYD1
05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
And then tell a thousand people. You better hide.

Chupaca
05-28-2013, 10:27 PM
remember..revenge is sweet and you are on the wrong end of that saying...!! :roflblack:

Blue Star
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM

At that point, you should have hit the kill switch :yikes:

Bob Ledford
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you had better paste a smiley face on your analog gauge face. :D

Scotty, she could paste him in the face if he tries that stunt again. My spouse would just say, "go without me!" Not speaking for a l o n g t I m e ! ! ! :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

One smiley face coming right up! ;)

Bob Denman
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
After 49 years I've found out she gets over things pretty quickly . Guess one of is trained and needless to say I think shes a KEEPER for sure...LOL
:2thumbs: Glad to hear it! :clap:

So when is the "Golden Farkle" anniversary date? :shocked:

exwinger
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
:2thumbs: Glad to hear it! :clap:

So when is the "Golden Farkle" anniversary date? :shocked:

If'n the electrical problem I've been fighting for almost two years and posted a thread about isn't finally resolved next week by the dealer there may not be a golden farkle date !!!! Had she been with me the other night when it died on me and had to get towed she'd probably never ride again. Her words the other night when I told her I had to get it towed home were " AND YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR IT ???? "

Next March if we make it that long...LOL