PDA

View Full Version : Another Givi saddlebag question (concerning locks)

NoJive
05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
These are the Givi bags I just bought on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330930579472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

From the looks of things, these may not include the signal stalks, which could be a problem. The other problem is the locks. I found this lockset, and I am thinking it may fit. Wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-2-case-lock-set-with-4-matched-keys-z227

rlynchtx
05-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Looks like you got an extremely good deal on the bags. The keys look just like those on my BRP/Givi hard bags, so my guess is they'd work. I can take some pics of my locks if you think it would help.

NoJive
05-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Looks like you got an extremely good deal on the bags. The keys look just like those on my BRP/Givi hard bags, so my guess is they'd work. I can take some pics of my locks if you think it would help.

Thanks! I did some research, and from what I could tell, the replacement locks will fit. I went ahead and ordered them, so I'll see. I do have a question about the bags though. Do you need the key to open them? What I mean is, are they like a door that will open when unlocked? I'm hoping that they arrive unlocked to I can install the racks and use them until the replacement locks arrive.

NancysToy
05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks! I did some research, and from what I could tell, the replacement locks will fit. I went ahead and ordered them, so I'll see. I do have a question about the bags though. Do you need the key to open them? What I mean is, are they like a door that will open when unlocked? I'm hoping that they arrive unlocked to I can install the racks and use them until the replacement locks arrive.

Hopefully they are unlocked. If not, a trip to a locksmith is proably in order, to drill them out or pick them.

SupaMan_3
05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
You beat me to it! I was negotiating and you bought them. They are locked and you will need to either drill the locks or get a locksmith with skill to open them. I contacted GIVI to obtain the right way to get them operational. I should have just bought them instead of researching my loss your gain. let me know if I can provide anymore information based off the research I did in the short amount of time.

NancysToy
05-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Being locked, maybe there's a bonus inside. >>>>or maybe a dead body. ;)

pro10is
05-31-2013, 07:40 AM
If you know the key number you can order replacement keys. I would speak to Givi first before you drill open the locks, they may have some other solution. Givi parts department is at 1-877-679-4484.

NoJive
05-31-2013, 08:19 PM
You beat me to it! I was negotiating and you bought them. They are locked and you will need to either drill the locks or get a locksmith with skill to open them. I contacted GIVI to obtain the right way to get them operational. I should have just bought them instead of researching my loss your gain. let me know if I can provide anymore information based off the research I did in the short amount of time.

Wow! Sorry I snatched 'em from you! My father in law is a locksmith, and we tried picking them for about 30 minutes with no luck. I had ordered a set of replacement locks, so we drilled them. No treasure, but I did find an oil funnel, as well as a 2009 Spyder users manual.

SupaMan_3
05-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Wow! Sorry I snatched 'em from you! My father in law is a locksmith, and we tried picking them for about 30 minutes with no luck. I had ordered a set of replacement locks, so we drilled them. No treasure, but I did find an oil funnel, as well as a 2009 Spyder users manual.

One mans lost is another man's treasure! I will get a good deal, I am glad it is all working out for you. Drilling was a small price, but the wife wanted me to do a little more research before I committed to buying them. Glad they went to another good spyderlovers home!!