PDA

View Full Version : Needing Givi saddlebag install instructions

NoJive
05-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Just purchased a set of the Givi bags on eBay, and although they come with the mounting brackets, I am not sure they come with all the hardware. I'm mainly concerned about whatever is needed to re-locate the signals. Anyone have, or know where I can get a PDF of the instructions?

NoJive
05-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Think I might have answered my own questions. It seems the Givi's I bought have the Givi mounting system, which is waaay different than the BRP mounting system. Mainly that the turn signals are moved to the rear fender, and thus the stalk is not needed. It also appears that the Givi mounting system is a lot easier than the BRP system.

donec
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Here is a link to the 2008 install PDF for the Givi PLX770 side case fitment kit rack that has the lights moved to the rear finder (should be the same for all RS up to 2012 I think)....
http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/20936/0.0.1.man_plx770.pdf

NoJive
05-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Here is a link to the 2008 install PDF for the Givi PLX770 side case fitment kit rack that has the lights moved to the rear finder (should be the same for all RS up to 2012 I think)....
http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/20936/0.0.1.man_plx770.pdf

Thanks! I believe that is what I have, and it appears to be a MUCH easier install.

donec
05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks! I believe that is what I have, and it appears to be a MUCH easier install.I wouldn't know because as yet I have not installed or even received my bags yet but I believe they will come with the BRP fitment rack. Which I have yet to see the instructions for. In my search for bags I found there have been some rack makers that have gone out of business. There just doesn't seem to be any PDF's of the BRP rack out there.

NancysToy
05-29-2013, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't know because as yet I have not installed or even received my bags yet but I believe they will come with the BRP fitment rack. Which I have yet to see the instructions for. In my search for bags I found there have been some rack makers that have gone out of business. There just doesn't seem to be any PDF's of the BRP rack out there.

There is a good how-to that Firefly put together a long time ago. Maybe you can search for that, or PM him for the link.

NoJive
05-29-2013, 09:15 PM
I did manage to find Firefly's post and pics. Those would be very helpful for anyone installing the BRP bags. It appears that my Givi bags use a totally different mount, which looks like it takes 30 minutes or so.

donec
05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
I've had Firefly's post pined for quite sometime now but as he states it is not a step by step instruction. It seems to me that to make sense out of it you also need the actual instructions and their just not available online. I am hopping that BRP has improved their instructions since Firefly's post.

SupaMan_3
05-30-2013, 09:29 PM
They are missing bolts minor scuffs, someone else posted the link to the directions. Once again, my loss your gain!

NoJive
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
They are missing bolts minor scuffs, someone else posted the link to the directions. Once again, my loss your gain!

They did have one minor scuff, but I don't think it's major. Looks more like wax buildup to me. And to my surprise, no bolts were missing! The only thing that was missing was the signal relocation brackets. I didn't like them on the fender anyhow, so I just added some LEDs to the signals.

NoJive
05-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I've had Firefly's post pined for quite sometime now but as he states it is not a step by step instruction. It seems to me that to make sense out of it you also need the actual instructions and their just not available online. I am hopping that BRP has improved their instructions since Firefly's post.

Installed my bags this evening, and it took around an hour. These are the Givi bags, with the Givi rack, and not the BRP bags/rack. The Givi rack only uses three bolts, and is very simple to install. Why BRP uses their rack system is a mystery to me. I've read all the horror stories on here about 4-5 hour installs...crazy. If your are deciding between the BRP bags or the Givi, go with the Givi!

Here is a PDF of the Givi install instructions:

NancysToy
05-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Installed my bags this evening, and it took around an hour. These are the Givi bags, with the Givi rack, and not the BRP bags/rack. The Givi rack only uses three bolts, and is very simple to install. Why BRP uses their rack system is a mystery to me. I've read all the horror stories on here about 4-5 hour installs...crazy. If your are deciding between the BRP bags or the Givi, go with the Givi!

Here is a PDF of the Givi install instructions:

The BRP version is used to provide removeable racks. You can strip down the Spyder to a sporty look, or to take up laess space in a trailer, in just a few seconds. Not sure where you heard the "horror stories", but Nancy's BRP bags went on in about an hour. Only real problems are a missing step in the instructions, and an undocumented need to do some adjustments before tightening things down.

NoJive
06-01-2013, 06:27 AM
That's cool that you can remove the rack. My riding buddy has a Honda ST1100, and when you slide the bags off, you can't even see the mounting points. I think the horror stories had more to do with the poor instructions than anything else.

Sent from my Note 2

wftb
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
the givi mounts almost install them selves .the bags are identical to the BRP but have givi badges instead of BRP badges .you can even get colour match too . and my local dealer got my givi kit for 200 less than the BRP bags .