PDA

View Full Version : RT display mode

coastrider
05-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Can the RT's display be locked on a mode other than the digital speedo? With the analog instruments I'd rather keep the IPod or XM screen up at all times to avoid hitting "mode" each time I want to change a song.

ThreeWheels
05-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Can the RT's display be locked on a mode other than the digital speedo? With the analog instruments I'd rather keep the IPod or XM screen up at all times to avoid hitting "mode" each time I want to change a song.

I don't know how to keep the Audio screen on the LCD constantly in view, but you don't need to in order to operate the IPod.
Once the IPod is connected and running, simply tap the right button on the four button selector and you go to the next song. The left button will take you to the previous song.
The Up button raises volume, the down button lowers the volume.
Holding the right button brings you to the next playlist. Holding the left button, the previous playlist. For some reason, when you change the playlist, you lose the shuffle feature until you reinitiate the shuffle from the Ipod itself.
Holding the down button silences the IPod and radio. The CB and Intercom will come through, they have separate "off" functions, but if you have GPS connected, the GPS sounds are silenced.
Hope this helps.

eddieshep999
05-28-2013, 05:41 AM

With reference to the display being locked on other than the riding info (Speedo, Revs etc)

In my 2010 Manual it states :-

After acknowledging the initial safety
message at gauge startup, or after
a few seconds elapsed in any other
screen without pressing any RECC
button, the display will automatically
return to the default riding screen.

That is for a 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5
I suspect this is the same for later models as a safety feature

Bob Denman
05-28-2013, 06:42 AM
:shocked: I didn't know this... Good info to have! :thumbup:

NancysToy
05-28-2013, 07:15 AM
No can do.

Bob Denman
05-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Confirmed! :thumbup:
The display does automatically head back to "home base" if you leave it alone for a little while! :2thumbs:

gorcutt
05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know how to keep the Audio screen on the LCD constantly in view, but you don't need to in order to operate the IPod.
Once the IPod is connected and running, simply tap the right button on the four button selector and you go to the next song. The left button will take you to the previous song.
The Up button raises volume, the down button lowers the volume.
Holding the right button brings you to the next playlist. Holding the left button, the previous playlist. For some reason, when you change the playlist, you lose the shuffle feature until you reinitiate the shuffle from the Ipod itself.
Holding the down button silences the IPod and radio. The CB and Intercom will come through, they have separate "off" functions, but if you have GPS connected, the GPS sounds are silenced.
Hope this helps.

This worked with my 2010 RTS but dosent with my new 2013LTD, dont know if it is just my bike or thy changed semething.