PDA

View Full Version : Orange multifunction screen

HuckFin
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
After doing my 600 mile service, I started up the spyder and let it warm up, about 5 minutes so I could recheck the oil level( I initially put in 4 qts) Shut off engine and added 1/2 qt more. Later on I started it back up and the borderline of the multifunction screen was orange. I shut it off. Later I started it back up to check for codes and the screen was back to normal and no codes. So I'm wondering if the nanny sensed low oil pressure, would that temporarily turn the screen orange with no other warnings?...Or what?

Fusionfool
05-27-2013, 06:29 PM
After doing my 600 mile service, I started up the spyder and let it warm up, about 5 minutes so I could recheck the oil level( I initially put in 4 qts) Shut off engine and added 1/2 qt more. Later on I started it back up and the borderline of the multifunction screen was orange. I shut it off. Later I started it back up to check for codes and the screen was back to normal and no codes. So I'm wondering if the nanny sensed low oil pressure, would that temporarily turn the screen orange with no other warnings?...Or what?Just curious, was the Spyder in a garage, or was it dark? Did the screen look orange like this?68779 If so this is the night time color, changes when dark.

HuckFin
05-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Just curious, was the Spyder in a garage, or was it dark? Did the screen look orange like this?68779 If so this is the night time color, changes when dark.

Thank you! Thats got to be it, and yes it was in the garage....I have never rode in the dark(I have a learners permit and can't ride at night).....Oh well :opps:

MrLooney
05-27-2013, 08:09 PM
And that's what this Great site is all about ! Helping our :spyder2: family with family matters :2thumbs:

Fusionfool
05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you! Thats got to be it, and yes it was in the garage....I have never rode in the dark(I have a learners permit and can't ride at night).....Oh well :opps:
No problem, it was a shock the first time I rode at night when it changed to orange. Guess they may have told me during the delivery process, but with all the info coming in, that one did not hit the memory bank.
Anyway glad it is OK, and now you know what the night time cluster looks like.

Can-Am Poogs
05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
I put my gloves on the center of the bars this morning and it took me a while to figure out why I had an orange screen. It didn't compute right away that I caused it. Happens.

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2013, 11:27 PM

I'm glad that there was no problem!