PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Yellowstone

Showie
05-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Wife and I are planning our 1st longer than a day trip to Yellowstone Park from Spokane, WA. area. About 500 miles one way. Just wondering what a reasonable daily mileage would be on interstate. I have put on very few interstate miles. Most have been state highways, the longest being 210 for the day with several stops. Thanks in advance for advice.

Jeriatric
05-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Wife and I are planning our 1st longer than a day trip to Yellowstone Park from Spokane, WA. area. About 500 miles one way. Just wondering what a reasonable daily mileage would be on interstate. I have put on very few interstate miles. Most have been state highways, the longest being 210 for the day with several stops. Thanks in advance for advice.

Five hundred miles is very doable in one day. Figure you'll average about 50 MPH and add additional time for eating and rest breaks. Have a great trip.

BikerDoc
05-27-2013, 12:51 PM
You will find this question to be answered by your own mind and body to your own level of comfort.. Folks on here ride as little as 150 miles in a day and as much as over 1000 miles.. What is reasonable for me many folks consider insane for them.. Let your bodies do the talking more than us..

NancysToy
05-27-2013, 12:52 PM
If you haven't done much in the way of long motorcycle trips, 250-350 miles a day is a good place to start...even on the Interstate. More seasoned riders often do 400-600 a day, and the real hard core riders may do 1000 or more, but if it is a pleasure trip, it pays to keep it less of an ordeal. If you are doing any sightseeing along the way, rather than all at the destination, count on less mileage but longer days.

Chupaca
05-27-2013, 12:54 PM
:agree: we do 200 to 400 mile lunch runs off freeways so on freeways 500 + should be doable. Hydrate and stretch at fuel stops and you will be fine. If no rush enjoy the ryde and make shorter runs..good luck and let us know how it goes with pic's....:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
05-27-2013, 01:06 PM
If you haven't done much in the way of long motorcycle trips, 250-350 miles a day is a good place to start...even on the Interstate. More seasoned riders often do 400-600 a day, and the real hard core riders may do 1000 or more, but if it is a pleasure trip, it pays to keep it less of an ordeal. If you are doing any sightseeing along the way, rather than all at the destination, count on less mileage but longer days.

:agree: Very good advice here. :thumbup:

Jeriatric
05-27-2013, 01:08 PM
:roflblack:

mtbear
05-27-2013, 01:20 PM
If you guys are camping, my wife and I use to get near there and camp so that we could be in the park before 1000am. After that most campsites are taken.
And we use to come from Spokane also as we lived there for 24 yrs. before moving to Colorado.
Anyway let us know how it goes and post pictures, also watch out for the Bison as they love to get all around bikes lol:yes:

SPYD1
05-27-2013, 02:54 PM
If you have time? Make it whatever is enjoyable.

Air Force PAO
05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
My buddy and I are traveling 250 - 300 miles a day from Kyle, TX on a 22-day trip which includes Yellowstone. Our itinerary has us arriving the evening of Aug. 4 and touring the park Aug. 5 & 6. We are staying at Flagg Ranch -- an Air Force family camp operated by Mountain Home AFB, ID. My wife is flying into Boise Aug. 4 and riding over with our son. From Flagg Ranch, we are touring Wyoming with time in Sturgis.

Look for a blue RT with Air Force graphics.