PDA

View Full Version : REFLECTIONS OF MY LIFE - VIETNAM VETRANS

grumpybob
05-27-2013, 08:15 AM
THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE POLITICAL!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9TNG8IQNI

Jeriatric
05-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Politicians don't sign up for wars they send us to fight.

Tho some warriors sign up to be politicians after the fight.

Sadly, those who do that are becoming fewer and fewer.

As a result.

The voice for those who gave all becomes weaker and weaker.

Not political.

Just fact.

jerpinoy
05-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I will never get tired of watching this, my fellow Vietnam vet. Thank you for sharing this. May God Bless our United States of America:pray::pray:

HuckFin
05-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks much!

eagle
05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Days like today can be ALMOST overwhelming, but we MUST carry on. Been there, done that.

Littlebadwolf
05-27-2013, 06:02 PM
You're right...today is very overwhelming...I was a battery clerk in XXIX corps who commanded the VANDERGRIGTh, Quang Tri,, Dong Ha...Phu Bai, LZ Sally, LZ Love, LZ Vandergrift, Rockpile.....If you were there you know what I' talking about.fth

OldCowboy
05-27-2013, 06:13 PM
We need a new rule when it comes to Americans in combat. Any politician or public figure who advocates putting US Military Personnel into harms way must provide a child or grandchild to accompany them. They don't have to be military, but they have to be in the combat zone with the fighters. That way, the politician/public figure has some of his skin in the game. Then they will think long and hard about getting us into another VietNam or Iraq.

bruiser
05-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks Bob. Great song too. I did recognize a fellow airman in that montage. Thanks Bro. 'nuf said.

lookerjdc
05-27-2013, 07:54 PM
thank you for sharing that

we had a great Memorial Day ceremony on the beach here with a color guard, 21 gun salute, a couple of WWII vets along with us Vietnam Vets and some Desert Storm, Iraq, etc vets. There was also a memorial service for a fallen Navy SEAL with his parents in attendance