PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day so thankful

murphybrown
05-27-2013, 07:00 AM
A huge :thumbup: and many :pray: for those who have served and are today serving so that I can be free to be me and free to ryde the incredible roads of America and live a life of freedom. Thank you and God bless. :bowdown:

lil rabbit
05-27-2013, 07:09 AM
:agree: with MurphyBrown with many thanks to all of our veterans who have served or serving this wonderful country we call USA.... Many
:pray::pray:'s to the families and loved ones.... God Bless you all.....

Farmboy
05-27-2013, 07:22 AM
YES THANK YOU!!!!

PrairieSpyder
05-27-2013, 07:56 AM
:agree: also. http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/troop_smiley-2466.gif http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/m/memorial_day-1850.gif

Bob Denman
05-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Throw me up on the ":agree:" pile too! :thumbup:
Thanks for keeping all of us safe! :2thumbs:

rnet
05-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I watched another class of cadets graduate at West Point on saturday and my nephew was one of them. Such a proud moment for the family. So:agree: and thank the men and women of the armed forces. Today he is to speek at a local parade and I was not going to go, but after reading these post I changed my mind. Take the time to thank our freedom keepers.

NancysToy
05-27-2013, 08:16 AM
My father was shipped off to Europe as a teen, just after he graduated high school, and he fought through a winter in Belgium in the Battle of the Bulge. I can't imagine how that affected a boy who had never been farther than Chicago before that. We all need to be thankful for what they have given us. On Memorial Day, please pause, ponder, and remember!

MouthPiece
05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
I echo the above sentiments. Thanks so much for the ultimate sacrifice. May God Bless America.

Chris

YIRYDE
05-27-2013, 08:27 AM
A special thank you to all the veterans that have served and gave their lives so we can be a free nation.

Oldmanzues
05-27-2013, 08:34 AM
There are many Hero's in war, Some even get medals. Freedom has never been free. Go to the Arlington web site. Drive bye a National VA Cemetary. In Dayton, Ohio ,drive down third st. Even more revealing, drive or walk in one of these. Remember there is a story behind each of those white stones. RIP, you earned it the hard way.

joet82
05-27-2013, 09:03 AM
This day is for those who can't return your thank yous. Those who paid the Ultimate Sacrifice. Those like me who have served, and those who are serving already have a day, Veterans Day.

So, you're welcome, but remember who this day is truly for.

YIRYDE
05-27-2013, 09:31 AM
This day is for those who can't return your thank yous. Those who paid the Ultimate Sacrifice. Those like me who have served, and those who are serving already have a day, Veterans Day.

So, you're welcome, but remember who this day is truly for.

Thank you for posting this, I have edited my post.

SPYD1
05-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Some gave all:pray::pray::pray:

FaranH
05-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the post, Karyl. It's a good reminder to thank those around us for their service. Last year I sent a text message to a gentleman in our church telling him thank you for his service in Vietnam. He told me that except for his family, I was the only one who took the time to remember and share my thanks. I'm sharing that just to say take the time to tell a veteran or their family thank you for their service. It matters.nojoke

Edited: That was Veterans Day. Thanks for the reminder joet82, that this day is for those who gave their lives.

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2013, 10:52 AM

lil rabbit
05-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks Joe for the reminder of what this day is about and I was remembering the ones that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and to be able to do the things we enjoy, but I just forgot to mention that portion of my post. And once again many :pray::pray:'s to the families and loved ones of the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice.