PDA

View Full Version : How can nanny do that

r1100rider
05-26-2013, 11:51 PM
It's been posted a million times (check the battery connections) I thought that my 4 yr old battery was kicking the bucket vss fault and low battery on display when starting every 3rd time or so even though it turned over good checked battery and 12.8v feel all connections and they feel tight get the 10mm and they all take a 1/2 turn or more problem gone, anyway my question is how come nanny will kick in to a 6500rpm mode after a vss fault when it starts ? my guess is that it's safety to make the voltage output at max charge so that it can safely power the dps but mine is an 09 and is throttle by cable so how can nanny kick up the rpm's by herself

Bob Denman
05-27-2013, 07:37 AM
She still has control of the rev limiter...
You can twist all you want, but she just won't the the rpm levels get any higher than her comfort level! :shocked:

NancysToy
05-27-2013, 07:40 AM
I really don't think it can. I'd suspect either accumulated fuel in the manifolds from the previous difficulty, or an ECM glitch as a result of the low voltage that did something similar. Could also be a purge valve thing or some other vacuum related issue related to a solenoid, like the idle air valve. Or it could just be a stuck throttle body. Basically, it sounds like things needed to reset by running normally for a few minutes. Miss Nanny may have a guilty look, but in this case she's probably innocent. If the problem continues, see your dealer...it is not normal.

r1100rider
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
I really don't think it can. I'd suspect either accumulated fuel in the manifolds from the previous difficulty, or an ECM glitch as a result of the low voltage that did something similar. Could also be a purge valve thing or some other vacuum related issue related to a solenoid, like the idle air valve. Or it could just be a stuck throttle body. Basically, it sounds like things needed to reset by running normally for a few minutes. Miss Nanny may have a guilty look, but in this case she's probably innocent. If the problem continues, see your dealer...it is not normal.
She can do this I've seen it on both Spyder s while getting the hid glitches worked out it did it several times in my shop and I road it miles home with 4500 rpm so any gas was well burnt out I even shut off pulled key and bump started on a couple downhills sill 4-5000 rpm plus idle as soon as battery terminals are ok 1200 rpm idle again and no issues I wonder if this is what happened to the lady that couldn't stop her SE doing thru the stop lite a while back , bob it wasn't rev limited it wouldn't idle down. ( moral of story is like Scotty and everyone alwayss says any strange codes or glitches check all connections)

NancysToy
05-27-2013, 11:33 AM
She can do this I've seen it on both Spyder s while getting the hid glitches worked out it did it several times in my shop and I road it miles home with 4500 rpm so any gas was well burnt out I even shut off pulled key and bump started on a couple downhills sill 4-5000 rpm plus idle as soon as battery terminals are ok 1200 rpm idle again and no issues I wonder if this is what happened to the lady that couldn't stop her SE doing thru the stop lite a while back , bob it wasn't rev limited it wouldn't idle down. ( moral of story is like Scotty and everyone alwayss says any strange codes or glitches check all connections)

I have no doubt that it is doing it...Nancy's has done the same. It just isn't related to the naany (VSS), and it probably isn't anything to do with the ECM programming...just a glitch caused by the voltage problem or inability to start the first time. BTW, if you are idling at 1200, something is wrong. Spec is 1400 +/- 50.