PDA

View Full Version : stopped to help....

greatrides
05-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Stop to help a biker on side of road on my way home from work today....they ran out of gas. So to make a long story short as the guy was putting gas in I was talking to his wife or girl friend and she told me tons ofbikers just motored on by with out stopping. Sad I think....maybe the people that did not stop are the same that don't wave too. By the way they were amazed by the frunk as I pulled the gas can out.....love the spyder!

MrLooney
05-26-2013, 07:20 PM
GOTTA LOVE THOSE :spyder2: gas in the Frunk..

maybe now they are thinking of a switch!!

kubie
05-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Good for you!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: And Thanks for being "THAT GUY!" We all need to be more like that!!!
:clap::clap::firstplace::clap::clap:

greatrides
05-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I was just a mile or so from a friends house so it was not that big of a deal. Just think its crazy that no one would stop....well it ended up good and they loved the spyder.

Cruzr Joe
05-26-2013, 08:37 PM
We need to have more folks like you that are willing to help. THANKS :thumbup:

Captain Fin
05-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Was the girl friend cute?

Bob Denman
05-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Good for you!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: And Thanks for being "THAT GUY!" We all need to be more like that!!!
:clap::clap::firstplace::clap::clap:

:agree::agree::agree: Thanks! :thumbup:

Woody
05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
These days too many of us these days that assume that terrorists and axe murderers are the norm instead of basic good folks. You made a positive impression on your fellow man and woman, thank U for that.

SPYD1
05-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Making good memories on a special day. Nice.

kawakii
05-28-2013, 12:36 AM
I wish you were around when we broke down on our Spyder - no one stopped to help at all even seeing that I was clearly in a wheelchair and it was almost 95 degrees out. We called for towing and were told the soonest anyone could get to us was 2.5 hours from then. We were not more then 20 minutes from home so eventually my mom drive 50 minutes to pick us up and take me home and go back and wait with Jake but we had hundreds of cars, tons of bikes and even a police officer pass us a few times and non of them stopped !

Thank you for being a good sanitarian !

effgjamis
05-28-2013, 02:33 AM
I usually carry a small, maybe a quart size container ( one that Cook Stoves use ), just in case I or others may have the need for a few more miles.

However, there were two occasions that I did not have the container.. but the gas stations were very close.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-28-2013, 07:58 AM
I usually carry a small, maybe a quart size container ( one that Cook Stoves use ), just in case I or others may have the need for a few more miles.

However, there were two occasions that I did not have the container.. but the gas stations were very close.

Ditto here, I found some aluminum water bottles ( only 26 oz. ) that not only don't leak gas ,they don't leak any fumes either......Annnnnnnnnnnd they were a whopping $ 1 each...................I carry two.................Mike :thumbup: Yo Karyl ( MB ), are you still carrying yours :ohyea:

SpyderWolf
05-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks for stopping and helping them. That is the way things are supposed to be in the motorcycle world, fellow riders helping each other, but I am not sure what is changing with that lately.

greatrides
05-28-2013, 10:42 AM
She was a very good looking girl and the guy told her to hope on spyder with me to go get gas......but what can I say:)

asp125
05-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Good on you to stop :thumbup:. Seems fewer riders know the biker's code anymore. I at least slow down and shoot them the thumbs up or down sign to see if they need assistance. A helmet placed on the ground behind the bike is the sign for "need assistance".

greatrides
05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Nice to know about the helmet. It only takes a sec out of your day for the fast tumbles up or down.

TuckMiddle
05-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Three years ago I had the stator catch on fire on my Road Glide on GA 140 between Canton and Alpharetta. Going down a long hill, the bike just quit (as the stator caught on fire and smelled so bad I couldn't stand next to the bike.) There was a long turnoff to a side street and I parked on the very first part of it, well out of the traffic. I wasn't off the bike when the first gent stopped and offered to use his extinguisher. I suggested it might destroy more chrome than smoke, so he went on his way. I called the mechanic who did most of my work and he came the 35 miles from their trike shop. He and the boss came in a gigantic trailer because it was hooked up to the giant size pickup already. They had a bunch of "rescue" stuff, none of which was needed, as the smoke had cleared by then, but the smell prevailed. I'll bet 20 people stopped, some turning around and coming back to make sure I was ok and to give me their condolences ref the pending $1200 repair job that was to come. R&R Trikes, Ronnie's company in Jasper, GA didn't charge a cent for the rescue and had my bike done in 2 days. Because of the electrical damage, they also replaced the voltage regulator, which was either the cause or the victim of the incident. I thought the reaction of all the folks who cared enough to stop was terrific. I have normally stopped when a biker was stranded and now I stop 100% of the time. Not everyone cares, but I was glad to see some 20 did that day.
Tuck :cheers:

greatrides
05-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike....but that was a great story to pass along.