PDA

View Full Version : A warm welcome to all the new SpyderLovers

Lamonster
06-03-2008, 07:31 AM
:welcome:
We have seen a real boost in membership and activity on the site in the last few months. I can't say that I have personally welcomed all the new members here but I hope you were greeted by some others if I missed you. :doorag:

We have a very active chat room that meets every night around 8 or 8:30 if you want to get to know some of the folks here. http://spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?action=chat :spyder:

I hope you enjoy the site and if there is anything we can do to help you with your Spyder experience please let us know. We have a lot of great folks here that are eager to help. :doorag:

Magic Man
06-03-2008, 07:34 AM

dltang
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Welcome to all the new SpyderLovers http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/hello.GIF http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/welcome-0005a.gif

BRPjunkie
06-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many Spyders are actually on the road now? With Premier Editions, there are at least 3,000 and with non-premier editions now being delivered, are we at 5,000?

patches
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I have been browsing for about a month, since I don't have a Spyder, not much to comment on. However, this all changes today when I go pick mine up later. Have to wait for the GF to get home from work so I can ride back and not put it on a trailer. Tried to tell her this is one of those days you call in sick. Geez.

Not to take over this post, but a couple of things.
I am in Raleigh area, never even seen one of these things. Fell in love with what I say on the internet. I am a strange person that way. A few weeks ago, I decided to move forward after debating the whole waiting period. So I called every dealership in NC and last week found one dealer that just got a brand new one in that was ordered. Even better was the fact it was only 50 minutes from me. Told him I would be up today with a check and deal was done. Now that was easy. He did make the comment that he ordered it under the mechanics name so he could get one and had no idea it would see this fast. He has already ordered more which are due in soon. Giving me a great price for something I didn't even have to order so I don't mind. I do wonder how common this may be.
It has been some time since I was on a bike and my last bike was a cbr1000 so this should be fun. I am not much of a wrench monkey but looking forward to messing with some mods. I am sure I will be talking to many of you soon.

BRPjunkie
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Congratulations on getting ahead in the line. Mine was not due until later this month, but the guy ahead of me could not get financed and I moved up on the list and took delivery yesterday. Like you (except in MI) got to ride 60 miles home. Take back roads and get used to this thing. First ten miles are tentative, but relax and let it work. If you have not ridden for a few years, you will not have to fight the front brake urge like most of us. Fight the urge to sleep on it the first night.

patches
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Good to hear on the front break. I have already warned the GF that I might be up late with my new GF in the garage. I was in the Navy a few years ago, I have slept is worse posistions to be next to the things that are bad for me....lol :-X

Dyno824
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
:congrats: Too both of you, have fun and hope you like to talk to people.#824

SPYMAN
06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks. I have been browsing for about a month, since I don't have a Spyder, not much to comment on. However, this all changes today when I go pick mine up later. Have to wait for the GF to get home from work so I can ride back and not put it on a trailer. Tried to tell her this is one of those days you call in sick. Geez.

Not to take over this post, but a couple of things.
I am in Raleigh area, never even seen one of these things. Fell in love with what I say on the internet. I am a strange person that way. A few weeks ago, I decided to move forward after debating the whole waiting period. So I called every dealership in NC and last week found one dealer that just got a brand new one in that was ordered. Even better was the fact it was only 50 minutes from me. Told him I would be up today with a check and deal was done. Now that was easy. He did make the comment that he ordered it under the mechanics name so he could get one and had no idea it would see this fast. He has already ordered more which are due in soon. Giving me a great price for something I didn't even have to order so I don't mind. I do wonder how common this may be.
It has been some time since I was on a bike and my last bike was a cbr1000 so this should be fun. I am not much of a wrench monkey but looking forward to messing with some mods. I am sure I will be talking to many of you soon.

:congrats: :welcome: :congrats:

SPYMAN

BRPjunkie
06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Back to my original question. Any idea on how many are actually on the road now? It must be 5,000.

rupbre
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone--I'm also new. I ordered my Spyder on May 10th. Originally told it would be in in August. However, I stopped by my dealer on Saturday, and he said I should see it this week. He got invoiced on May 27th. Black and Silver. Great dealer. Thanks to everyone on this sight. Great tips and things to look for.

Twodog185
06-03-2008, 04:03 PM
First, I'd like to thank the Academy... ;D Welcome to me, and to the other newbies.
:welcome: :congrats:

bjt
06-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Back to my original question. Any idea on how many are actually on the road now? It must be 5,000.

I don't know but, if I remember, I'll ask someone at The Homecoming.

Also, welcome to all new Spyder owners and enthusiasts (BRP's fancy word for folks who don't own a Spyder. ;D )