PDA

View Full Version : Missing Air Dams

Topshotta
05-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Has any one installed the missing air dam from spyderpops, does it make a difference? Thanks

DrewNJ
05-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Eh...it's questionable. However, it's very inexpensive. The "air management system" IMHO works fantastic and is worth every penny. So for me the "missing air dam" was an "add on" to complete the setup.
Also, Don't worry about installing the "E" scoop. Just pull the pans completely.:thumbup:

SllimG
05-25-2013, 05:00 PM
:agree: it is questionable. However, now that I have floorboards, I'll be ordering the air management system.

aka1004
05-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I think it only helps only when spyder doesn't really need help, when moving. My spyder overheated once stuck in heavy traffic and 105 degree weather but after bigger(now standard) fan shroud, it never overheated again. Water wetter or was it wetter water??? Helped a bit too. :)

Web Runner
05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Has any one installed the missing air dam from spyderpops, does it make a difference? Thanks

I have it as well as the air management and heatshield installed on my spyder. I feel the air dam does help air flow through the radiator instead of around it. It seems that I have not gone over 6 bars after it was installed with 5 being the average. I would suggest that if you do decide to get the air dam, get the air management system as well.

sergentwoody
05-31-2013, 05:32 AM
work great for me ;)

MuGGzy
06-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I just installed the Air Mgmt Kit, Air Dam, and heat shield, along with the Bumpskid.
My RSS SE5 ran 5 bars constantly before and cooked my foot in traffic. Now it runs at 4 bars and drops down to 3 at speed, which I had never seen before. I am happy with the results for the $$ and feel more secure and comfortable about getting stuck in rush hour traffic.

asp125
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
For what it costs it's an effective and easy solution to decrease some of the heat. I run between 4&5 bars in 90* heat regularly. Though I understand the effect is zero in stop and go traffic.

Flanker
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Eh...it's questionable. However, it's very inexpensive. The "air management system" IMHO works fantastic and is worth every penny. So for me the "missing air dam" was an "add on" to complete the setup.
Also, Don't worry about installing the "E" scoop. Just pull the pans completely.:thumbup:I have to agree with the questionable and inexpensive part; put mine on in a about an hour (body work tear down and reassembly took 45 mins of that) the other day. I've put in several rides since then..................it maybe makes half a bar difference on the temperature gage.

poordom
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I was out earlier this morning, temperature hi 70's nothing exceptional, rode around for about 45 min. start and stop, I thought I had blistered my legs from the heat.

So either I end up doing this mod, or purchase the Spyderpops mod.

This is nuts.

To all you Spyder experts, does this mod. make sense.

Dom

wyliec
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I was out earlier this morning, temperature hi 70's nothing exceptional, rode around for about 45 min. start and stop, I thought I had blistered my legs from the heat.

So either I end up doing this mod, or purchase the Spyderpops mod.

This is nuts.

To all you Spyder experts, does this mod. make sense.

Dom

Don't you think that 90 will reduce airflow through the radiator? I don't think that's a smooth transition, especially if the duct diameter is the same size as the fan outlet.

Flanker
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Don't you think that 90 will reduce airflow through the radiator? I don't think that's a smooth transition, especially if the duct diameter is the same size as the fan outlet.I agree; if it's really a 90 degree bend.....................it's too sharp!

Rockwall
07-02-2013, 02:47 PM
After adding the Missing Air Dam I know run one bar cooler consistently. For such a low price I think a little bit is worth it.

Sarge707
07-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I,m Only going to say If you have the Missing Air damn on your GS/RS Check the front of your radiator often.
My GS was running a Bar hotter this Summer after having the Air Dam on for about 12,000 miles and when stripping the tupperware to paint a lower Silver panel I noticed a Thick Gooo covering about 70% of the front of the radiator- Evidently the Foam gets hot and with humidity and a few occassional drops of oil from the air box above a Goooy film can be blown from the foam onto the radiator Front surface (Because it has No where else to go?) . I loosened the front screen and cleaned the fron t of the radiator with a soft brush and threw the foam away because with the 2 lower panels removed I don,t really need it in my climate!!

I,m Not knocking the product!:lecturef_smilie: Just pointing out you should check the front of your Radiator More often if you have it.nojoke