PDA

View Full Version : hindle exhaust install?

fjcady
05-24-2013, 09:18 PM
i just got a hindle exhaust ir my 2008 spyder and based in measurements there is no room for a exhaust gasket... male 1.625 female 1.625 the instructions say i need a gasket also the part #on the instructions and the one stamped on the back of the pipe are different OMG 5 hrs wasted:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ban ghead::banghead:

Big Arm
05-24-2013, 10:23 PM
There is no gasket used !!!

1VENOM
05-24-2013, 10:35 PM
:popcorn:

fjcady
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
how do you get rid of the one thats on the bike side of the exhaust?

Chupaca
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
When I installed mine I just pulled off the OEM slid on the Hindle clamped down hooked up the one spring and done...the gaskets are at the heads and Y joint.. :dontknow:

Capt John
05-25-2013, 05:04 AM
i just got a hindle exhaust ir my 2008 spyder and based in measurements there is no room for a exhaust gasket... male 1.625 female 1.625 the instructions say i need a gasket also the part #on the instructions and the one stamped on the back of the pipe are different OMG 5 hrs wasted:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ban ghead::banghead:

Check out this thread....it also has a link to you tube http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?4786-Hindle-pipe-installation&highlight=hindle+install

Flanker
05-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't have a Hindle, (mine's a Two Brothers Racing unit).................my TBR slip on did not use a gasket like the stock S pipe did. The stock gasket came out stuck inside the stock S pipe; sounds like yours stuck to the outside of the collector pipe. Just pull it off. My TBR slip on came with some high temp RTV silicone sealer, to run a bead around the inside of the S pipe mouth; that didn't seal the joint completely for me, so I ran my Spyder up on some low profile car ramps to access the underside of my Spyder more easily. I used my finger tip to run force the high temp RTV into the S pipe/collector pipe seam; then used a shop rag to wipe off any excess RTV. Sealed mine up fine. Good luck! BTW: Ultra high temp RTV would probably be more appropriate for this type of application.........................just sayin'.

DrewNJ
05-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Not to long ago I posted up the summit racing part number for the band clamp we used. Works great and seals perfect with no glues needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk