PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the day stunk too...

bruiser
05-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Since it was going to be a nice cool day I decided it was time to break out the pressure washer and clean the fall/winter camouflage off the house. I purchased a new 20' telescoping lance so I wouldn't have to stand on the ladder. Blew the dust off the washer, checked the oil, put in gas, hooked up the hoses and added cleaner to the soap tank. Pulled the cord, pulled the cord, choke, pulled the cord, choke off, pulled the cord and it started and promptly died. Ok, check fuel shut off, it's on. Check choke, working, check air filter, good. Pulled cord, ouch, what the h$ll was that? :cus: blister on the inside of the index finger. Ignore blister. Pull cord, starts, set choke to off, still running. Squeeze trigger on lance, engine quits. :mad: :cus:. Take a short break to calm self. Check everything over AGAIN. Still can't see any issues. Pull cord, pull cord, pull cord, starts. Hit nozzle the :cus: dies again :dontknow:. Wait a few minutes. Bright idea, squeeze nozzle, pull cord. It's starts and runs. :2excited:. Apply soap solution to siding. Change tips, commence cleaning. All is working fine. :cus: :cus: died again :gaah:. What's that I see, fuel running out of the carb. Ok, no problem. Float is stuck. maybe a small piece of trash. Pull float bowl, it's clean. Drop float and valve, no trash. Reassemble. Turn fuel valve back on. Wife comes home from commissary and has brought lunch. Eat lunch, go back out, pull cord, engine fires up, squeeze nozzle, :banghead:. Disconnect hoses. Move unit to shop. Remove carb, clean thoroughly with carb cleaner. Check float valve for freedom of movement and worn tip. Looks good. Open fuel valve and flush fuel line, good clean fuel comes out. Pour good clean fuel back in to tank. Re install carb. Check all connections. Open fuel line, fuel pours out of carb. :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :banghead:. Turn off fuel. Pick up torch. Realize new 20' trailer is right next to shop. Put down torch. Kick pressure washer. Limp out of shop. Close shop doors. Go to house, pour shot. Drink shot. Look up part numbers for new float assembly. Wash up. Put ribs on grill, realize there are only two beers left in refrig. Check ribs, no fire. Tank is out of gas. Change tanks. Relight grill. My head hurts, my legs hurt. And that :cus: camouflage is still on the house. :cus: :cus: :shocked:.

Spyder_Cowgirl
05-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Since it was going to be a nice cool day I decided it was time to break out the pressure washer and clean the fall/winter camouflage off the house. I purchased a new 20' telescoping lance so I wouldn't have to stand on the ladder. Blew the dust off the washer, checked the oil, put in gas, hooked up the hoses and added cleaner to the soap tank. Pulled the cord, pulled the cord, choke, pulled the cord, choke off, pulled the cord and it started and promptly died. Ok, check fuel shut off, it's on. Check choke, working, check air filter, good. Pulled cord, ouch, what the h$ll was that? :cus: blister on the inside of the index finger. Ignore blister. Pull cord, starts, set choke to off, still running. Squeeze trigger on lance, engine quits. :mad: :cus:. Take a short break to calm self. Check everything over AGAIN. Still can't see any issues. Pull cord, pull cord, pull cord, starts. Hit nozzle the :cus: dies again :dontknow:. Wait a few minutes. Bright idea, squeeze nozzle, pull cord. It's starts and runs. :2excited:. Apply soap solution to siding. Change tips, commence cleaning. All is working fine. :cus: :cus: died again :gaah:. What's that I see, fuel running out of the carb. Ok, no problem. Float is stuck. maybe a small piece of trash. Pull float bowl, it's clean. Drop float and valve, no trash. Reassemble. Turn fuel valve back on. Wife comes home from commissary and has brought lunch. Eat lunch, go back out, pull cord, engine fires up, squeeze nozzle, :banghead:. Disconnect hoses. Move unit to shop. Remove carb, clean thoroughly with carb cleaner. Check float valve for freedom of movement and worn tip. Looks good. Open fuel valve and flush fuel line, good clean fuel comes out. Pour good clean fuel back in to tank. Re install carb. Check all connections. Open fuel line, fuel pours out of carb. :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :banghead:. Turn off fuel. Pick up torch. Realize new 20' trailer is right next to shop. Put down torch. Kick pressure washer. Limp out of shop. Close shop doors. Go to house, pour shot. Drink shot. Look up part numbers for new float assembly. Wash up. Put ribs on grill, realize there are only two beers left in refrig. Check ribs, no fire. Tank is out of gas. Change tanks. Relight grill. My head hurts, my legs hurt. And that :cus: camouflage is still on the house. :cus: :cus: :shocked:.

That really sucks!! :yikes: I type with tears (from all the laughing) running down my cheeks. Sorry Bruiser ... better you than me!

Take heart ... tomorrow will surely be better! Ann

boborgera
05-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Probably just a little piece of dirt under the needle valve, Get it started, Shut of the gas, Let it run dry, Turn the gas on and repeat, Usually that will clear up the needle valve. All it takes is a microscopic piece of dirt to hang up the needle valve and cause gas to flow out the carb.....

Cruzr Joe
05-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Never mind

Cruzr joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spyryder
05-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Your float could be leaking if it's a brass one.....take it off and shake it you'll hear gas sloshing inside. ;)

SpyderAnn01
05-24-2013, 10:51 PM
And to think that your day started off so nicely with the nice conversation with your wife. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
05-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Lesson not learned from this morning? Not only can you not talk back to Mama - don't think back either. Karma :roflblack: :joke:

How is it a bad day can be so funny?

Oh, I know.......cause it was 'your' bad day :roflblack:

ARtraveler
05-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Like some said. Better you than me. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-25-2013, 03:51 PM
First; take a decent-sized hammer; (I use a big set of Vise Grips...;)), and rap sharply on the carb body... :lecturef_smilie:NOT hard enough to be buying a new carb!
Second; forget the beer... pour another shot!
Then another...
ThEnAnOtHeR...

Chupaca
05-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Glad you didn't post the rest of your day..don't think I could stand it....:roflblack: Now that this one is done, tomorrow it will all work and you will never know why...!! :gaah:

Bob Ledford
05-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Some days it just is not worth it. When I start to have one of those days,I just quit early and take a nap or a nice quiet ride out in the country where it is just me an Mother Nature.

The problem won't fix it self or go away but I sure can attack it a different way!

bruiser
05-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Saturday morning. Alarm goes off at 0700. Dress, mount up for the 5 minute ride to the Legion Post. Coffee and biscuits. Mount up again with members of the Brotherhood, Purple Heart, Combat Vets and Boy Scouts. Head out to our assigned cemetery. Spend some time putting flags on the graves of vets. I found one from WWI. We didn't get the cemetery with the Civil War vets. After that members of the Brotherhood ride to the Carolina Ale House for lunch and fellowship. On the way back to Goldsboro Kris and I take another route. About two miles down the road after stopping at a license checkpoint, Kris comes over the Sena and calmly said "I just went in to limp mode". Pull over, do the reset. No more limp mode for the remaining 20 miles home. Park the Spyders and take the truck to a members house for dinner and fellowship. Home at 23:00. Long good day.

Only code on her RT, P0000. Has to go in for state inspection so will have dealer run a BUDS check. She said she had her feet on the pegs and not on the brake pedal. Shes pretty good about keeping her foot off the pedal.

All that said, it sure was a better day than Friday.

Flanker
05-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Cheer up! After an entertaining and fulfilling experience like that, many less mature individuals would've taken hostages and barricaded themselves:yikes:; so we could watch'em :popcorn:on the news later on. Glad you made it through it. :doorag: It made for a great post, BTW.

spyderpoop
05-26-2013, 11:38 AM
fuel line problem it could be as my chain saw from sitting rotted the fuel line from the gas enzimes thingy that's now in the gas easy fix if that's it ?

bruiser
05-26-2013, 05:26 PM
2 cycle engines have an inherent issue with fuel lines that are constantly immersed in the fuel mixture deteriorating. I have had two trimmers, one chain saw and one blower from neighbors with starting issues. The trimmers both needed new in tank fuel lines. The chain saw, ummmmmm, well, the owner put fuel in the bar oil tank, and, well you know. So that required a kick in the a$$ and training. The blower sat for three years, bad fuel. Needed new fuel lines, filter, fuel tank flush and spark plug. My pressure washer is 4 cycle. Whenever I get gas for my lawn equipment I always put fuel stabilizer in the gas can first. 2 cycle oil has a fuel stabilizer in it but the added stabilizer doesn't hurt.

I might add here, I never mix more than one gallon of 2 cycle fuel. And I always shake the can a little before I put it in my trimmer or Sears blower. My Toro blower is 4 cycle.

Bob Denman
05-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Only code on her RT, P0000. Has to go in for state inspection so will have dealer run a BUDS check.
P0000 has popped up on mine a couple of times too; I've gotten the mpression that it means that SOMETHING happened; but it's gone, and the computer didn't have time to catch what it was and record a useable code... :shocked: