PDA

View Full Version : Spyder seat!!

SPYMAN
06-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Just have some questions.
Ok first of all Went on 2 rides over the weekend starting with Friday, 100 miles round trip to Primm / State line for lotto run. On Saturday we went on a 320 mile, took the US95 from Vegas to Kingman AZ to the I-40 to Needles CA to US93 through Searchlight & back to Vegas. Great rides But the only complaint is the seat after about 50 to 100 miles the seat is just NOT GOOD!! My issue is I want some thing like the new Corbin but don't have the money quite yet sooo I am looking for Ideas to make this one good for now. I know there are the gel pads, Bead riders, ETC.
Also to any one with cruiser pegs does that help with the seat on the long rides???

Again awesome riding having a blast on my :spyder:
any advise is would be great.

:bigthumbsup: SPYMAN :bigthumbsup:

LaughingHeart
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree! I am having a blast with my Spyder, but the seat is awful! Right now I am using a sheepskin and it is helping some. I am also considering having a Spencer seat mod - much less expensive than a new seat, which I want to do later. Check out greatdaytoride.com.

dltang
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
My beadrider was $45.45 delivered from www.beadrider.com I ordered a 13" x 13" and put in the remarks it was for a Can-Am Spyder. I sent them photos of my Spyder seat with a tape measure on it and that was what they recommended. I was the first Spyder owner to order from them. If you order, tell them Deb Tangen sent ya. I really do like the beads too. A little slippery at first and had to get used to that especially at the turns, but overall, very happy. Longest day was 3 hours and then an extra 45 minutes a little bit later. No problems so far.

Derwin
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I agree! I am having a blast with my Spyder, but the seat is awful!

What's wrong with the seat? Is it too hard or something?

I was thinking of getting the Corbin seats and backrests when my Spyder arrives, but I was told that they are hard.

Derwin

Smylinacha
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe this will help....
http://www.therohostore.com/Departments/Comfort-Products/AIRHAWK-Motorcycle-Seat-Cushions.aspx

I haven't gotten my Spyder yet - should be in a couple of weeks but I use this faithfully with the Harley. You can adjust the air and you don't sweat with it. Might be worth a try.

SpyderMark
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
What's wrong with the seat? Is it too hard or something?

As remarkable as it seems, not all backsides are the same -- some like being next to the Spyder, some don't. I say if you don't find the seat comfortable you should ride a little faster. You'll get more air for circulation, and you'll have to slide around a bit more to keep upright!

Seriously, I've ridden several all-day rides with no issues whatsoever with the seat. It's all a matter of preference.

Regards,

Mark

Derwin
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
As remarkable as it seems, not all backsides are the same -- some like being next to the Spyder, some don't.

Regards,

Mark

Well, I have a large amount of natural "cushioning", so I guess I should be fine! ;D

Derwin

Smylinacha
06-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Compared to my Harley seat - the Spyder seat felt nice and plush! Harley has never been known to make a comfy stock seat. Actually to me, Harley has never been known to make a superb stock bike - once you get one you gotta pull it all apart to make it fit you comfortably. I am planning on putting some mods on my Spyder but to ride it stock, it's alot nicer than the stock bikes you spend all that money on.

Twodog185
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I know what you mean...took stock Softail, added touring seat, after-market backrest, Wide Glide bars with risers, extended forward controls, windshield, laced 19" rim of stock hub....got rid of all the aluminum (didn't affect the ride). My new spyder will look different in 2 years...I would suspect.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/twodog35120/Image13.jpg

SPYMAN
06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE IDEAS, I tried the going faster was going 110 coming out of Laughlin NV on my way home over the weekend didn't seem to help though I was having so much FUN I was not thinking of the seat for a few!

Thanks again to All :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

SPYMAN