PDA

View Full Version : 2013 owners

spydercatjohn
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
The 2013 Spyder catalog shows two grills on the throttle side of the RT one upper and one lower by your foot. Dealer says there is no lower grill anymore just an open space. Is this correct? Thanks

Lamonster
05-24-2013, 11:47 AM
There are no grills on the right side of the RT.

diesel-dawg
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
The 2013 Spyder catalog shows two grills on the throttle side of the RT one upper and one lower by your foot. Dealer says there is no lower grill anymore just an open space. Is this correct? Thanks
BRP's web site shows the grills also. If you look at the RT Limited pictures on the web site, it shows both with webbed grills.

NancysToy
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Those are illustrations, not photographs. Chalk it up to the artist's imagination.

BikerDoc
05-24-2013, 12:49 PM
On my first spyder I panicked one night when I thought I had lost a grill like part on a nearly new bike.. Only later I found out the part was never there - even though when I called the dealer I used back then, they initially told me they would order the replacement part for me...

PrairieSpyder
05-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Do you mean the accessory catalog? Or the Spyder brochure? I can't find a good illustration or photo of that part of the RT in either one.

ARtraveler
05-24-2013, 01:17 PM
On my first spyder I panicked one night when I thought I had lost a grill like part on a nearly new bike.. Only later I found out the part was never there - even though when I called the dealer I used back then, they initially told me they would order the replacement part for me...

Similar for me also. Went to the dealer to check out the :spyder2:'s to see if they had missing grills or not.

spydercatjohn
05-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Do you mean the accessory catalog? Or the Spyder brochure? I can't find a good illustration or photo of that part of the RT in either one.

The 2013 Spyder catalog , not the accessory catalog, shows a yellow RT-S with a lower right grill. There are holes for a grill on the right which are reverse of the left side. Turning the left grill upside down might fit the right. Anyway I thought the dealer had lost mine and was pretty upset. Called them back and admitted they were were correct. I do not know why they omitted a grill on the right unless it had something to do with radiator cooling.
BTW Thanks Lamonster for the quick reply.

MountainSeaDog
05-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I think they decided to omit the grill so your ankle would start to cook faster if you decided to start resting your right foot out on the lower fairing instead of near the brake lever. <smirk>

Cruzr Joe
05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
No grill for top or bottom on 2013 RT.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD