PDA

View Full Version : SERVICAL SPINE SURGERY AND LOWER BACK FUSION WITH HOPES OF RIDING AGAIN ONE DAY.

mcaccamise
05-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Good day to all my Spyder Lover friends well im home recovering from a Cervical C3-C7 surgery in my neck thank god thats over with im recovering well and looking forward to healing within the next teo or three months befor i go back in for a lower back spinal fusion. This has been a long time comming trying to decide weather to live with the pain and so few short rides on the Spyder that my Doctor said you should go for it so you may one day soon be able to enjoy your new toy im hoping to be able to get back in the saddle by November and be pain free.
Cant waite to be able to go on sone of the Central Florida spyder lovers rides and events. Ill be working hard to get back in the saddle again looking forward to meeting some verry nice people and counting the miles to the next dealers event take care this is the best place to be good friends and many more adventures down the road.
Mike

SpyderAnn01
05-24-2013, 01:04 AM
I hope your recovery is speedy and you are back on your Spyder soon.

YPILOT
05-24-2013, 03:29 AM
I hope your recovery is speedy and you are back on your Spyder soon.

:agree: Good Luck on your recovery.

SpyRyd
05-24-2013, 04:10 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery. There is life after back fusion surgery...I know...two back surgeries in six months with the last one being a lower back fusion. Afraid to ride my Ultra Classic so sold it and bought a 2012 RT Ltd...almost 14,500 miles in one year.

You will ryde again. Best of luck to you.

vtrider
05-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Good luck to you!

CyncySpyder
05-24-2013, 05:25 AM
:bowdown::pray::pray::bowdown:

SpyderWolf
05-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Wishing you all the best with the recovery process. I hope everything goes well and it is a complete success so you will be back in the saddle before you know it.

SPYD1
05-24-2013, 06:36 AM
:pray::pray::pray: for a fast recovery.

Bob Ledford
05-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Get well quickly and do what your Surgeon and Physical Therapist says. :congrats:

SpyderFun
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Have had multiple fusions and reconstructive surgeries. There is life afterwards and your Spyder can be a part of it like mine is to me! Keep the faith!

-Mike
<Sent using Tapatalk>

Spyder Smyles
05-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Sending healing ;) SMYLES ;) your way to help you recover and ryde again soon.

mrfats
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Best of luck in your recovery!

Flanker
05-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery! We expect to see some awesome "bus jumping" videos of you on the Spyder as soon as you're back in action! :joke:

jerpinoy
05-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Get well soon and wishing you the best.

DRTSB
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Good luck!

Dave ;)

Chupaca
05-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Glad you are in good spirits, this will help you through the rest of this path you are on. Will keep my fingers crossed and wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery..:pray:

ARtraveler
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Our thoughts and :pray::pray: go with you. Speedy recovery. :thumbup:

lookerjdc
05-24-2013, 05:35 PM
have a very speedy recovery

I am actually in the process of doing what you are doing but in reverse order: lower back first, then cervical.......

it sucks to get old.... lol

Bob Denman
05-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Mike,
Here's to the best of luck to you; wishing you a complete and rapid recovery! :cheers: :thumbup:

mcaccamise
05-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you all for your kind words of recovery if it wasent for this being my extended family im sure i would not have been able to keep up a posotive attitude Thanks again all looking for a speedy recovery and many miles of smyles when the day comes to ride the Spyder out of the garage.
Mike

Bob Denman
05-25-2013, 07:53 AM
...And we'd even be happy to stop by, and give your Spyder a little exercise now and then... ;)

Riker
05-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Hope your recovery goes well. I am 45 and have had 3 neck surgeries and 1 back ( accident / stupid & young ). Take it slow and let yourself heal, but you should be fine:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-27-2013, 08:00 AM
I hope you'll feel better soon!

gila river rafter
05-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Good day to all my Spyder Lover friends well im home recovering from a Cervical C3-C7 surgery in my neck thank god thats over with im recovering well and looking forward to healing within the next teo or three months befor i go back in for a lower back spinal fusion. This has been a long time comming trying to decide weather to live with the pain and so few short rides on the Spyder that my Doctor said you should go for it so you may one day soon be able to enjoy your new toy im hoping to be able to get back in the saddle by November and be pain free.
Cant waite to be able to go on sone of the Central Florida spyder lovers rides and events. Ill be working hard to get back in the saddle again looking forward to meeting some verry nice people and counting the miles to the next dealers event take care this is the best place to be good friends and many more adventures down the road.
Mike

Just follow the docs orders and you will be riding in no time.had the same surgery and can still ride with little problem good luck!

SpyderLady
05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Mike

Hang in there. I had much the same surgery in 2007. Neck C3-T1 first then 5 months later L3 thru S1. I road 600 miles in oe day last year on a long trip and can do long rides with no problem. Do I have some pain, yes but it is the areas that are not fused and then there are the muscle spasms. Nothing tho that stops me from riding. The wind and sun in your face will come, just follow doctors orders, etc. good luck!

sealfloorboards
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
We Spyder lovers are a hardy lot. My best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. What a treat it will to finally........

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards