PDA

View Full Version : which bluetooth helmets

kepople
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Really close to getting a Sypder RT and want to have blue tooth communications with Wife in the helmet.

Is the can am system good?

what other options are there?

Can they interface with my iphone as well as intercom at the same time?

thanks

Motorcycledave
05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
The best unit for the Spyder is the
SENA available right here from
me, check prices any place I am
your best deal ask anyone here on
the forum that have the SENA units
call 7 days a week
Ride safe and enjoy
Dave

Really close to getting a Sypder RT and want to have blue tooth communications with Wife in the helmet.

thanks

szohar
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
I tried few types and the one below works the best, we also tried it over 2 miles distance and works perfectly OK. I also use it for music if I don't want to use the Audio system each one of us can listen to his own music, I am also using it for phone calls.

http://www.amazon.com/SharkMotorcycleAudio-Shklxmbt688il-Motorcycle-Snowmobile-Interphone/dp/B004P449QI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1369371659&sr=8-14&keywords=bluetooth+motorcycle+helmet

Look at this price!

Sharon

NorthStar
05-24-2013, 05:59 AM

thanks

The Sena SMH10 units are the best wireless helmet communication devices that I have come across over the years. They offer intercom connectivity between the driver and passenger, and allow you to connect to your cellular phone (for outgoing and incoming calls) and other bluetooth devices. (GPS, Ipad etc...) The large sized "jog wheel" works great with gloves on and you can easily transfer the units between helmets if you so desire. There are many helmet communication options out there and I suggest you visit Revzilla.com and read up on their extensive reviews of the many excellent motorcycle helmet headsets that are out there. I have always found that site to be a great resource for motorcycle gear review and instructional videos.

Happy shopping.

Highwayman2013
05-24-2013, 06:18 AM
I visited Revzilla and did my homework on bluetooth headsets. I bought from Motorcycle Dave, he beat Revzilla prices. So far I have used my bluetooth for music from my Iphone, Pandora and Itunes. It works very well for this, plenty of volume and sounds good. Pairs up with the phone easily. Made a few phone calls people said I was a little quiet, it was the mic location. Moved the mic up a little higher with the supplied velcro and now it's fine. I got SMH10 Dual Pack with the universal mic kit(boom or flat mic). I have a full face HJC helmet so I use the flat mic but wanted the option of the boom mic if I move to a modular helmet. Good luck on your choice but call Dave.

bullant12
05-24-2013, 06:53 AM
BRP's bluetooth set is Sena re-bagged. And it really is not how the picture shows it... the box where the set comes in is BRP styled, but the instructions, packaging, etc. is all Sena. I would go with Dave because he seems to have the best prices and even better customer support. Good luck!

kepople
05-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the input...

I understand bluetooth, however usually it only pairs with one device at a time.

So We are looking at a 2012 RT with the audio package.

I would like to pair the helmets with each other, and my iphone minimum at the same time. Both systems can do this now, yes?
Better would be to pair with each helmet, two phones, an the radio.

this would require the installation of a kite on the bike right?

CruiseRT
05-24-2013, 07:41 AM
I just bought the Uclear HBC100Plus. I really like the sound quality. Works great with phone. BUT, right now it is not compatible with the Sena SM10 that comes with the Spyder bluetooth system. Problem is if you use your intercom it will not connect back up with the Sena SM10 unless you power cycle the SM10. Hopefully the will come out with a firmware update that will fix this problem.

bullant12
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the input...

I understand bluetooth, however usually it only pairs with one device at a time.

So We are looking at a 2012 RT with the audio package.

I would like to pair the helmets with each other, and my iphone minimum at the same time. Both systems can do this now, yes?
Better would be to pair with each helmet, two phones, an the radio.

this would require the installation of a kite on the bike right?

If you are buying the bluetooth units for the helmets, no. Based on the way you want to setup, there is nothing you need to install on the :spyder2: at the moment.