PDA

View Full Version : Hate to spoil the fun...

bruiser
05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
But the weather man said that Upstate NY, PA and some other New England states could get up to 6" of snow this weekend. And that's no joke. :hun:

ARtraveler
05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Hope everyone is wrong on the snow prediction. Our four inches melted pretty quick from last weekend. The leaves are getting ready to pop out. Fingers crossed. :thumbup::thumbup:

wyliec
05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
But the weather man said that Upstate NY, PA and some other New England states could get up to 6" of snow this weekend. And that's no joke. :hun:

I guess I'll have to get me one of them there 250cc dirt bikes to ride this weekend in the snow.

I checked the forecast and don't see any flakes called out.

boborgera
05-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Snow in North Jersey, Not with the temps in the mid 70's, But rain we did get 5/6 inches and still raining heavy off and on as i type.... But is could be worst, Just ask the people in Oklahoma.
And the people still recovering from Hurricane Sandy... :(:(

Bob Denman
05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
He's lying more than they usually do!
But we are gonna have some pretty crappy weather... :gaah:
Lots of rain; but I'm heading out in it to get my new tire installed tomorrow! :thumbup:

NancysToy
05-23-2013, 08:55 PM

You're wrong! .........It's a cruel joke!

otter28169
05-23-2013, 09:32 PM
No salt on the road, I will be ryding. The weathermen and women in our area are nothing but a bad joke. Imissed out on three good ryding days listening to them. Now I just look at the radar and see if I have rain in my immediate future. I am buying rain gear as soon as I can spare the 80 bucks for it and I am gonna make miles. Hopefully I will see you all out there.

Just sayin'............

Bob Denman
05-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Hey Chad!
I'll be in Walton at klinger's at 9:00am...
Come on down! :thumbup:

wyliec
05-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Bob, I hope you have your frog togs today.

Bob Denman
05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Back to the office... :gaah:
Heading up there this morning, I only hit some light sprinkles; not enough for a rainsuit! :thumbup:
Coming back, my TourMaster Elite one-piece suit got a workout. :shocked:
But it did it's job and I'm in the office as dry as some bleached Desert Bones... :2thumbs:
Oh! The Kumho is definitely capable of handling wet roads in fine fashion! :ohyea:

Questions
05-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Theres no way... CA has summer already. We're about to kick off hard into heatwaves... Wow You eastcoast guys got it bad!

MountainSeaDog
05-24-2013, 09:55 PM

I NEVER believe the weatherfolks. Try http://www.weather.gov/ and click on the Forecast tab and maps for your riding area and get the NOAA seven day local forecast. Much more reliable (and current).

Question aside: Doesn't USAF stand for US Air FARCE? (Fly Navy and all the girls in the bar want to meet you -- and the bar is in Singapore, not MINOT!) :-)

wyliec
05-25-2013, 01:06 PM
I was told the difference between USAF and USN is the USAF has adult supervision.

MountainSeaDog
05-25-2013, 03:51 PM
I was told the difference between USAF and USN is the USAF has adult supervision.

Yep, that's the other bad feature of USAF.

boborgera
05-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Another good feature of the USAF, Was a F105 overhead dropping a couple of red and yellow canisters, A half a click in front.......:bowdown:

arntufun
05-25-2013, 08:46 PM

You called it !!!!!!! YNN news said...... snow was reported on Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, NY today. It's been raining here for days. :banghead:

Bob Denman
05-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Bruiser,
:opps: I apologize for calling your weatherfolks a bunch of liars...
They truly are Master Prognosticators of the skies... :bowdown:
Places in Vermont got smacked with 7" of snow! :shocked: :gaah:

bruiser
05-26-2013, 10:03 AM
No apology needed. These guys are pretty good. One of them is a friend of ours. He was one of our instructors in Sky Warn training. Kris and I are severe weather observer/reporter volunteers for the NWS. So, anyone break out the ski doo?

Bob Denman
05-26-2013, 01:53 PM
We broke out the lawn mowers and string trimmers... Tommorow; we ryde! :2thumbs:
It only got down into the low forties here; yesterday and overnight. :shocked: