PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Miami, FL - Owner of a 2013 RS-S / SM - What's crackin'?

RebulRigo
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Whats up guys, My name is Rigo, im 28, from Miami, Florida and this is my first post.

I purchase a 2013 Spyder RS-S SM in Orange about 1 month ago, just got back from picking up my license place form the dealer. It's been a real fun experience thus far, and myself as well as everyone who basically sees me riding it... loves the damn thing.

So you guys get a little bit more of a background on me and what i like... im more of the "style" kinda guy, like performance, but definitely more into the sounds, lights, coolness of it all.

As i was at the dealer getting my things, i got to asking about an exhaust upgrade which would make the bike louder and sound nicer, i also inquired about an HID headlight upgrade..... the "older guy" came in and started to tell me how i shouldn't put any parts on this that arent Can-Am...blah blah... while i see the "younger guy" holding his tongue in the background.... The first thing i said as i walked in was that "I have the Can-Am catalog" i spent 20K on this damn thing... i don't wanna keep spending thousands on cool add-ons when i know for damn sure there are very good aftermarket parts which will cost me 1/3 the price.

Here's my question to you gentleman (and possibly ladies):
What is a GOOD, inexpensive option for an exhaust upgrade as well as a GOOD, inexpensive option for HID headlight upgrade?

Thank you all for your future replies and help...and hope to keep in touch very often. :spyder2:'s UNITE!!!

coz
05-23-2013, 04:03 PM
welcome.........i think the best bang for the buck would be the hmf. if i were to buy a pipe, that would probably be it.
or, you can make one for about 75 bucks, like some of us have.

Bob Denman
05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
:welcome:
Check out ZenonDepot's thread about HIDs... :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?28677-**Exclusive-sale-on-XenonDepot-HID-Kits!

SpyderAnn01
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Xenondepot for the HIDs and Two Brothers for the exhaust. Also if you want cool LEDs check out TricLed. You can find links to all of these on the home page.

ARtraveler
05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. Others have given you some good ideas for what you are looking for. :thumbup:

murphybrown
05-23-2013, 07:39 PM
:clap::clap:congrats and let the mods begin...yep 2 brothers exhaust and TricLEDS (Reggy's the man :yes:).

RebulRigo
05-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys. I do really appreciate the help. Starting off on a good note :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Now... How about some pics of your new pride and joy? ;)

RebulRigo
05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Now... How about some pics of your new pride and joy? ;)

How dare I..... huh..... i apologize! Here you go.. some pics of me and my pops with our new toys.

SPYD1
05-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Welcome and congrats!

SpyderWolf
05-24-2013, 06:35 AM

The question about the pipe is just how loud do you really want it to be? The Hindle has a nice exhaust note, but there are many aftermarket pipes available for the Spyder now. We also have a sponsor here Spyder1Attitude.com who makes custom exhausts that are a bit louder than any other pipe I have heard so far. You may want to check out You Tube to find some videos of different exhaust tones as well.

There is no reason to buy the BRP HID lighting unless you just want to drop that much coin on it. They are very good quality, I believe they are actually made by Hella, but you can get a much better price from kbcarstuff.com which is another site sponsor.

:congrats: on your new ryde! I hope you enjoy the process of making it yours as much as I have with mine. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde!

Green Machine
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the new ride. I love your bike so much that I have the exact same thing setting in my driveway same color and all. Welcome to the spyderhood.

RebulRigo
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM

The question about the pipe is just how loud do you really want it to be? The Hindle has a nice exhaust note, but there are many aftermarket pipes available for the Spyder now. We also have a sponsor here Spyder1Attitude.com who makes custom exhausts that are a bit louder than any other pipe I have heard so far. You may want to check out You Tube to find some videos of different exhaust tones as well.

There is no reason to buy the BRP HID lighting unless you just want to drop that much coin on it. They are very good quality, I believe they are actually made by Hella, but you can get a much better price from kbcarstuff.com which is another site sponsor.

:congrats: on your new ryde! I hope you enjoy the process of making it yours as much as I have with mine. :thumbup:

Heres my biggest problem, for some reason... The 2013 model which is what i have. Apparently decided to change the entire exhaust shstem or something along thise lines because everything i find only applies from 2008-2012. Always says that it doesnt apply to 2013.

Any idea on who supports 2013?

SpyderWolf
05-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Heres my biggest problem, for some reason... The 2013 model which is what i have. Apparently decided to change the entire exhaust shstem or something along thise lines because everything i find only applies from 2008-2012. Always says that it doesnt apply to 2013.

Any idea on who supports 2013?

I know Akropovic has one and I believe Two Brothers may have one ready for the 2013 now as well. Spyder1Attitude is kind of like the old Cherry Bomb pipes so it may also work with the 2013, you may want to check with him. As with everything, if you can be a little patient there will likely be a whole lot more to choose from.

Chupaca
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM
congrats on the new ryde and welcome the " interactive electronic spyder encyclopedia" . To many choices I have the Hindle exhaust and added fog and driving lights from wally world but your on your own on this one..!!:thumbup:

Derek Paisley
05-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Congrats on your new RSS!
You'll grow to love it more and more each day!

Additional mod's I'd suggest

1) Pick up the rear seat cowl in Black.
2) GloRyders (The newest release of the GloRyders has a matching orange)
3) Fender Eliminator kit (Maybe not. It rains BUCKETS in FLA if I recall :> You'd get sprayed)
4) Relace the stock grips (kuryakyn, Black)
I am not certain what the noise laws are where you are. If it's not a concern, Two Brothers Twin Black Carbon Fibre.
Bad A$s!!
Congrats again!
D

Dentin028
05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Congrats!!!
I have that color but the 2011 RSS

I just put an exhaust from spyder1attitude and they make it either black matte and they make another one that matches the orange!! It is loud!! I love it. They have dual & single pipes. Mine is a single pipe. My pipe only cost $375

It will be easier for me to send you the video of the sound & pics on facebook.. Send me a pm