PDA

View Full Version : As I await patiently for the 13' version

wis2013rtltd
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
of the Baja Ron sway bar, I thought I would ask if anyone with a 13' RT has tried another bar perhaps from the ST etc. to see if it would fit, or if so did it make a difference. I took the front tires to 20 psi and it made a notable difference over the 15 psi that it started with, but I am looking forward to a sway bar upgrade of some type, so I thought I would ask if anyone has done anything to a 13' RT yet over stock. -Thanks.

spydercatjohn
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
of the Baja Ron sway bar, I thought I would ask if anyone with a 13' RT has tried another bar perhaps from the ST etc. to see if it would fit, or if so did it make a difference. I took the front tires to 20 psi and it made a notable difference over the 15 psi that it started with, but I am looking forward to a sway bar upgrade of some type, so I thought I would ask if anyone has done anything to a 13' RT yet over stock. -Thanks.

We have a stock 2013 RT SE5 and it handles very well. I would find out wby you have
problems with your Spyder before spending money on aftermarket sway bars.

SpyderAnn01
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm currently testing the 2013 RT version for BajaRon so I think it should be going into production pretty soon. While the 2013 is a better handling Spyder than earlier models the bigger sway bar from Ron improves the ride on the curves. It isn't as noticeable of a difference like it was on my 2010 but still is favorable to the stock setup.

wis2013rtltd
05-23-2013, 05:51 PM
We have a stock 2013 RT SE5 and it handles very well. I would find out wby you have

Much better than a 12' I test rode prior to buying the 13'. I am not complaining, just looking for an improvement to a already well handling machine!:D

wis2013rtltd
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm currently testing the 2013 RT version for BajaRon so I think it should be going into production pretty soon. While the 2013 is a better handling Spyder than earlier models the bigger sway bar from Ron improves the ride on the curves. It isn't as noticeable of a difference like it was on my 2010 but still is favorable to the stock setup.

feedback is good, and glad to see its in prototype..

SpyderDen
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM

It may not be "a problem" with the handling, but some just like the performance handling of the Baja Ron bar. I have owned two RTS Spyders and never experienced problems, but after installing the Baja Ron bar on my current unit, I can fully understand anyone wanting it for their 2013. It truly is a night and day difference in the handling. Try it, you'll like it. :yes:

MouthPiece
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
? to wis2013rtld?

Have you had an opportunity to have it on a super slab with gusty winds or semis (and more particularly car haulers or tankers)?

Mine handles very very good in the twisties and curves. It's the wind gusts that I'm wondering about.

Thanks.

Chris

bullant12
05-24-2013, 10:40 AM
? to wis2013rtld?

Have you had an opportunity to have it on a super slab with gusty winds or semis (and more particularly car haulers or tankers)?

Mine handles very very good in the twisties and curves. It's the wind gusts that I'm wondering about.

Thanks.

Chris

:agree:... after I got the SB for the ball joints replaced on my '13, I really enjoy rYding Valerie!:yes: However, as Chris said... It does take a little extra effort on the wind gusts... that is what I am testing;)

wis2013rtltd
05-24-2013, 10:43 AM
? to wis2013rtld?

Thanks.

Chris

around semis and or in heavy crosswinds. I commute 130 miles round trip on the highway each day with my Spyder when weather permits. Taking the front tires to 20 psi really, really helped. It is much better, but I still notice it a little, and thats why I am excited about the 13' sway bar upgrade. The curves and twisties are not at all a problem, I welcome them with it just being stock. Try 20 psi in your front tires, I think you will notice an impovement especially with semis and crosswinds on the super slabs.

MountainSeaDog
05-24-2013, 08:38 PM
? to wis2013rtld?

Thanks.

Chris

Just took delivery of RT Limited yesterday and the 100-mile ride home was great until it became really squirrely when hit with gusty cross-winds coming out of the mountain valleys. I'm on my way out to the garage to raise the front pressure up to 20-psi right now. I, too, look forward to the Baja Ron '13 equipment.

wis2013rtltd
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Just took delivery of RT Limited yesterday and the 100-mile ride home was great until it became really squirrely when hit with gusty cross-winds coming out of the mountain valleys. I'm on my way out to the garage to raise the front pressure up to 20-psi right now. I, too, look forward to the Baja Ron '13 equipment.
Let me know your opinion after the tires are set at 20psi.

MountainSeaDog
05-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Let me know your opinion after the tires are set at 20psi.

I guess I'll watch to get my order in when the '13 RT version becomes available. When I checked the tire cold pressure, I found the dealer had already set them at 19-psi so I doubt the extra pound will have much effect. Of course the valley cross-wind gusts can be pretty stiff around here. They really jostle the rider, too, particularly with the upright riding position that the RT design promotes.