PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville powersports are nothing but CROOKS!

Ryno
06-01-2008, 09:27 AM
All I must say is DO NOT USE JACKSONVILLE POWERSPORTS!!!

I took it in for the 600 mile service, scheduling 2 weeks in advance to make sure they had all parts in stock, They would not guarantee my bike out in 3 days!!!! :dontknow: When asked why they asked me if I purchased my spyder from them, and Did I buy the "guaranteed service plan".. WTF!!? Dealers charge extra for customer service?! :cus: :cus:

So I drove down to jacksonville 3 days ahead of my schedule :spyder: , I arrived at the dealer 1 hour before they opened, the initial service took 1 hour and 15 minutes and now for the great part..........Drum Roll Please!

378.00.00 was the bill, :edit: 78 dollars for parts (14.00/qt. oil X 5) oil filter, o-ring, etc. shop rate of 150.00 (charged me for 2 hours, nice touch Jax Powesports).

They wanted to charge me extra to "hook it up to BUDS" to fix the brake failure message. As well as quoted me 7 hours of labor. thats 150.00 an hour times 7 to bleed the ABS box, I knew better.

**BTW They have to hook it up to BUDS during the 650mile service to verify no over revving, etc.**

The grand total to bleed the brakes as quoted.....1050.00 I told them promptly to go Copulate a Latex Mallard, they asked me why I did not buy the bike from them, I politely explained to them they were 3,000$ OVER MSRP.

I then agreed to pay their EXAGGERATED first maintenance fees as long as they understood that I would be posting about their Pricing on both can-amtalk and spyderlovers and we would see who had the last laugh

they reduced my bill to $280.00, this was a slap in the face. Why would any reputable dealer immediately drop their pricing just because they were threatened with the truth, unless they knowingly gouge their customers?

My advice: I wouldn't buy squat from Jacksonville Powersports EVER!

Ill REPEAT THAT FOR THOSE THAT MISSED IT " I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THING FROM JACKSONVILLE POWERSPORTS AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!!!!"

Ahhhhhh I Feel better now.

Now about my brake error code that did not get fixed in Jacksonville.

While in the waiting room with the manager of Jax right there I call the dealer I bought my Spyder from and asked 1st how much would the first service cost me in Bradenton.

John told me 115.00 I was shocked, When asked about the brake error code John said they had not done any yet so it would be free. To make a long story short. I made the 550 mile round trip the next day , I started at daybreak and returned at Sunset.

ACTION JET SPORTS in BRADENTON, FLA. not only sold me my spyder for 15,500, they welcomed me with open arms I was allowed to assist the techs that bled out the brakes by the book (for practice) and viola,1 hour 30 minutes later my error code was fixed! (far cry from 7 hours as quoted from Jacksonville Powersports)

for their Kindness, I promptly allowed my $$$ to do the talking, Upgrade wheels/tires, side panel trim kit,Tank Bag, and Touring windshield was purchased. I wish these guys much success in everything they do, and with customer relations like this I have no doubt they will succeed.:bigthumbsup:

I want to encourage ANYONE who is willing, able or just does not feel like getting ripped off by crooked dealers like JACKSONVILLE POWERSPORTS to give John and the crew a shout at Action Jet Sports in Bradenton, Fla. I swear they will take great care of you, and they are really great guys! thumbs.gif

2705 1st Street, Bradenton, Florida 34208

Store Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 4pm, Closed Sundays.

Danimal
06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
WOW.. unreal.

The brake error code should be covered under the warranty... why would they bill you for it? They get to bill BRP for any warranty work... sounds like they were going to double dip!

Derwin
06-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Isn't that incredible? That crooked dealership tried to rape you with charges that were unwarranted, and just screwed THEMSELVES in the end. I hope EVERYBODY reads your post, and NEVER buys a thing from JACKSONVILLE POWERSPORTS.

The dealership that treated you honestly, and took care of your problems, ended up making money from the back-end sales. This is how it SHOULD work. Too bad that Jacksonville Powersports has to STEAL money from people, instead of just offering great service and then making profits from happy customers.

I have many family and friends that live in that area, and I will send all of them a link to this post. I can assure you that NONE of them will ever do business with Jacksonville Powersports.

Derwin

Ryno
06-01-2008, 12:33 PM
The kicker to the entire situation is that they actually lowered their price to be a touch high, but still comparable for the market on the 600 mile service charges.

One thing is for certain, I will be performing all of my own maintenance from this point out..

I will more than likely take spydie in for the valve check. but we will see.

NancysToy
06-01-2008, 02:35 PM
BTW, check your oil level. I was under the impression that the capacity was four quarts. If the level is too high, they not only screwed you, but can screw up your Spyder. If it is correct, they may have only put in four quarts, and charged you for five.
-Scotty

Putt-Putt
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I was going to say that. The Spyder only holds 4 Quarts. But fill it a little short of the full mark. This is supposed to help from oil getting into thr air box.

Lamonster
06-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I was going to say that. The Spyder only holds 4 Quarts. But fill it a little short of the full mark. This is supposed to help from oil getting into thr air box.

I'm not sure why that would help seeing it's a dry sump. ::) :dontknow:

Putt-Putt
06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Guess I shouldn't just repeat what I hear from other people, huh?

Lamonster
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Guess I shouldn't just repeat what I hear from other people, huh?

I may be wrong but with a dry sump the motor doesn't know if you have 1 quart or 10 quarts in the tank. The pump will pull what it needs and then pump it back into the tank.

Putt-Putt
06-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I woukld say you are right. Sometimes I don't stop to think. ;D

Cundiffla
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I brought my Spyder From Jacksonville Powersport. While buying we agreed on a OTD Price. Then they wanted an additional $ 500.00 to installed the accessories, after we after everything inclusive with the OTD price. They get the Spyder in, SO WHAT AM I TO SAY "NO" That would have been insane I mean I waited Three months. So I paid the additional Price.

Now Service Contract for two year quoted me. I say let me think on that. So I go to Orange Park Powersport they quote me the same price, when they rung me up they discounted a 10% off. So BYE BYE Jacksonville and Hello Orange Park for three years unlimited miles. I hope you guys caught that. LOL

Jacksonville Powersport was only good at one thing in my eyes, that is getting the units quicker then the others dealers.

Sorry to hear about yours expierence! and I am glad I didn't sign up for them especially after hear you....

:spyder:

Roaddog2
11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
WOW.. unreal.

The brake error code should be covered under the warranty... why would they bill you for it? They get to bill BRP for any warranty work... sounds like they were going to double dip!
you should also report them to BRP asap that is totaly :cus:up

speedster200
11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
We work units in as quickly as possible no matter where it was purchased. Hooking the unit to buds is part of the repair. If you are in the Amarillo Texas area (I-40) and have an issue call us. (806)353-1211. www.amarillooutdoor.com (http://www.amarillooutdoor.com) Sorry you had a bad experience but not all dealers are out there to put the screws to you.

YOU will be sent a questionare in the mail it will come to you 4-6 weeks after your Spyder sale. Return it by mail or via the website on it. It is called a c.s.i.(customer service index)and it goes directly to Can-Am.
The dealer with to low of a c.s.i. is scutinized by Can-Am. Please return it even if you are satisfied with your dealer it helps maintain and improve our service.

LDFIREWORKS
11-22-2008, 01:45 AM
HAY SORRY ABOUT YOUR EXPERINCE THAY SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF DOUCHBAGS, RIDENOW POWERSPORTS IN OCALA I WAS TOLD ARE A BUNCH OF NICE GUYS IN OCALA AND THEY CHARGE $150.00 FOR THE FIRST SERVICE I WAS TOLD WHERE IN FLA DO YOU LIVE????? LES

LDFIREWORKS
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
DID YOU EVER GET INTOUCH WITH THE GUYS IN OCALA RIDENOW POWERSPORTS I HEAR THEY ARE REAL NICE GUYS

hollylmh
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
North Jax Powersports are the ones who had my Spyder for Bike Week, never got it to run, tried to void warranty, and wanted to charge me $175 for not fixing it! Daryl @ Pensacola Motorsports had it running in 5 minutes, no charge!
hollylmh
Yellow 444
NW FL

bone crusher
12-01-2008, 02:16 AM
What's the consensus of what the first service should cost anyway? I think here in MD both dealerships say it's about a 3 hour job...$300 total...this sounds quite high...

Thoughts?

cdragut
12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
DID YOU EVER GET INTOUCH WITH THE GUYS IN OCALA RIDENOW POWERSPORTS I HEAR THEY ARE REAL NICE GUYS

I called them 5 minutes ago... they quoted me $135.00 OTD for the first service...
on my way back from daytona i stopped yesterday in st.augustine... their quote: $250...
some are crooks more than others...
:2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
I called them 5 minutes ago... they quoted me $135.00 OTD for the first service...
on my way back from daytona i stopped yesterday in st.augustine... their quote: $250...
some are crooks more than others...
:2thumbs:
If you can get that kind of price, all inclusive, grab it! There is $80-$90 of parts and oil involved. Our dealer charged two hours labor, bringing the total to a bit over $200.
-Scotty

bjt
12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
If you can get that kind of price, all inclusive, grab it! There is $80-$90 of parts and oil involved. Our dealer charged two hours labor, bringing the total to a bit over $200.
-Scotty

Same with our dealer. They do use Spector Blue oil in all their oil changes so the price of 4 quarts of oil from them is about half of what the BRP oil costs but our first service still cost about $230 or so. We probably got charged two hours labor at $85 per hour and $60 in parts and oil. On a side note, we probably got scammed about $10 in parts costs as I highly doubt they had both crush washers and the o-ring in stock to replace with the oil change but they did charge us for all three items. I say this because every other time I went to them to buy the crush washers and the o-ring, they never had all three in stock. I'm thankful that they have had the oil filter every time I needed one for an oil change. :rolleyes:

Questions
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
On behalf of Jacksonville Powersports. I would like say that theres another side to this story. If anyone would like to speak to us personally about this situation, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd

Thanks

OkiNutsEP3
12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I went to school with some of your techs. So whats the other side of the story?

bjt
12-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm slightly curious what your side of the story is but I'm not sure it warrants a phone call. You don't care to hit the highlights of your stores defense in this post?

jwfranklin
12-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm slightly curious what your side of the story is but I'm not sure it warrants a phone call. You don't care to hit the highlights of your stores defense in this post?

I agree, they are always 2 sides to every issue. I'm also slightly curious to you side. It really doesn't matter to me, as I have a very good dealer here in the Atlanta area. Certainly not worth a call. But if your version of the truth can add any light to this issue. Please fill us in. As long as it is the truth. Until then I will go with what as been written, I have several friends who live in the Jacksonville area, and I pass thru there at least twice a year, going to Daytona. Until I hear some reason I should reconsider, I will avoid you and tell them to do the same. If I don't hear from you I will have to go with what is written. I'm especially curious why any dealer would charge a penny to correct an error code on a bike in warranty.

ld271
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I have delt with B.S dealers thay will probaly try to pass the bucket of on misquoted :sour: trying to somehow get there D :cus: out of the ringer i have known dealers who have said if you did not buy from me you will not get great service and be charge for every thing thay can not to mention making you feel like sh:cus: because you saved money by buying it someplace cheaper as far as the BUDS issue i'd contact BRP and throw them under the bus not to mention what kind of a dealer is representing them BRP for there spyder owners it sounds like old school ways doing things that should have been left in the past !!!!! All there doing is blackballing themselfs into loosing custumers on new spyders owners or anything else for that.:mad:

Questions
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
On behalf of Jacksonville Powersports. I would like say that theres another side to this story. If anyone would like to speak to us personally about this situation, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd

Thanks

In the sake of professionalism. We shall refrain from participating in any type of internet forum squabbling. Regardless of how malicious & skewed some of the accusations may be. It's just not professional, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd :thumbup:

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

jwfranklin
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
In the sake of professionalism. We shall refrain from participating in any type of internet forum squabbling. Regardless of how malicious & skewed some of the accusations may be. It's just not professional, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd :thumbup:

I guess will just assume most of it is true. Would still like to know how a dealer can charged to correct an error code, on a bike under warranty.

WidowMaker
12-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I think its in the best interest of your dealership to address the issues on this forum. To ask people to call you to talk about it is just ridiculous, there are several consumers asking for you to clarify the situation at hand yet you want each to call you? You have every chance to try and "clear your name" here, if you choose not to do so then I guess it hurts nobody but your dealership's business in the future. To each their own.

aubierules
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
North Jax Powersports are the ones who had my Spyder for Bike Week, never got it to run, tried to void warranty, and wanted to charge me $175 for not fixing it! Daryl @ Pensacola Motorsports had it running in 5 minutes, no charge!
hollylmh
Yellow 444
NW FL

thats good to know...i bought from Jimmy at Pensacola Motorsports...I have to take it in for the 1st service and to replace the muffler(burn spot) and make sure im not having shifting problems(se5) I will write up a full report on these guys good or bad...I can say that it was a great experience buying the bike from them:thumbup:

aubierules
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM

it doesnt seem like you were concerned with professionalisim when you were screwing the guy to begin with...sounds mighty fishy to me....I for one will err on the side of caution and NOT do business with JAX as well as pass the word to my buds.

aubierules
12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I guess will just assume most of it is true. Would still like to know how a dealer can charged to correct an error code, on a bike under warranty.

EXACTLY!!!

Questions
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Spyder lover Members
The reason for our recent post was to let you the members know that there is indeed another side to the story “Jacksonville powersports are nothing but CROOKS! “
We’ve been in business now for over 30 years. We are a BRP Platinum level dealer, I can assure you that we haven’t stayed in business this long and had the success we’ve had selling our brands, Kawasaki, Polaris, Victory & BRP (Sea-doo, Can-am, ATV’s & Roadsters) intentionally ripping people off and deceiving people. We strive to give you the Customer the best possible shopping experience in North Florida, when you enter our store. I do however understand that at times Customers get upset whether it is from mistakes made by us or just general mis-understandings.
After all we are Human, if we do make a mistake, I can assure you that we own up to it and do everything in our power to make good with the customer
In regards to Mr. Cook’s (ryno) allegations, I know nothing about the 3-day turnaround. Ryno came into our store at 8:08 AM. We promptly wrote him up at a cost of $259.87 OTD, NOT $378.00???? That includes 2 hrs labor, Oil, Filter & O-ring & Crush Washer. The Customer also complained that his brakes were “spongy” We hook ALL!!! BRP products up to BUDS system during ALL!!! Services to check for stored Fault codes. There was a stored code in the Spyder “brake error code”
That had occurred once; the mentioned code was in the history. It was not a present code in the ECM, his unit had no present codes. And the brakes actually felt fine after the test ride. It was at this time that Ryno became very insistent that we perform the Safety/Warranty campaign 2008-1 which according to BRP’s dealer website, his machine did not qualify for according to his VIN # How can we warranty or perform warranty campaigns on a unit that doesn’t qualify??? He at this time stated that he would pay to have his brakes bleed and how much would this cost him? Per BRP warranty FLAT RATE!!! On the inspection & repair/ brake bleed is 7.00 hrs labor. This is exactly what we quoted Ryno 7.0 hrs at 95.00 per hour labor that comes too $665.00 plus the brake fluid. Where Ryno comes up with $1050.00 to bleed his brakes, I have no idea!!!! It was at this time Ryno became very upset and told us that we were screwing him and he would “bash” us on all the forums, for not performing the brake bleed campaign on his Spyder under warranty. His Spyder didn’t qualify for it, Warranty Fraud is a BIG!!!! Deal and we simply have too much at risk, to start doing things of that nature. BRP will charge back any unauthorized repairs and could take your dealers license from you if caught doing unethical repairs like this. Regardless to the fact, Ryno was back on the road at 10:40 AM the same morning, by the time we got our shop opened and working on his Spyder 30 minutes earlier than we normally open that’s a 2-hour turnaround.

We take great pride in getting travelers in & out and back on the highway to their destinations whether it is a scheduled Service, Tires or Major repair. Obviously Ryno had a bad experience with us, for this I’m truly SORRY!!! It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances. Possibly with clearer communication on BOTH parties part, something like this could have been avoided.
Thanks for your time
Matt Wells
Service Manager
Jacksonville Powersports

VIspyderman
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Matt,
Well written!!! I sell Spyders and hope I never have to respond to a thread like you just did. I think that sometimes things just happen and there is no way to satisfy every party involved. Good for you, thanks for responding.
Now, it's going to be great if this thread stops... you've said your bit, others have said theirs. Case closed???

bjt
12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Sounds reasonable. More of an issue between the Spyder owner and BRP instead of with the dealership. Unfortunately, the service guys will catch the brunt of the flack as they are the ones right there trying to tell the customer that the company won't warranty the work. Like Matt said, maybe better communication between both the dealership and the customer may have smoothed over the issue.

sleepman
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Gotta admit that this is the response I expected. On almost every forum I'm on you read about someone who thinks the dealer screwed them because something wasn't warrantied. Had a very similar deal during my first service, had a gear position sensor error pop up in the BUDS history. Dealer told me if it happened again than it would be replaced under warranty, 6,000 miles later and no issues with it again.

+1 to Jaxpowersports for giving us their side.

steven888
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
We have a place in jax and have a spyder at that location. It only has 350 miles. We were going to take it to that dealership at 600 miles and also wanted to get some accessories. I am looking into a different dealer to deal with at this point. Thanks for the info.

sleepman
12-03-2008, 07:18 PM
We have a place in jax and have a spyder at that location. It only has 350 miles. We were going to take it to that dealership at 600 miles and also wanted to get some accessories. I am looking into a different dealer to deal with at this point. Thanks for the info.

It's really a shame that people believe everything they've read on the internet. Do you know the original poster any better than you know the dealership? Yet you're willing to let one person's comments influence who you do business with.

OkiNutsEP3
12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Well put! Good explaination!

Now from my stand point. I work at a Platnium dealer as well, and I am the Spyder guy. I've had the same training as your techs. I can understand that the flat rate for bleeding the brakes is 7hrs, however that's how long it took me to replace the entire wiring harness, VCM, and bleed the brakes. With just a brake bleed, I could do that in under 2hrs. It takes 2 people, but can be done easily. $1000 is a bit high just to bleed brakes. I'm not burning you, or your dealership, but I know it didn't take the tech 7hrs to do it. Like I said I'm not trying to be negative here. Your letter was very good and professional.

BlackWidow
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
OK,
Jax admittedly found an error code for brakes. An old code but a thrown code nonetheless.

So Jax basically tells Ryno there is nothing wrong now, go ahead and drive the Spyder. If the brakes/braking system fails then bring it back to us and we will fix it. :yikes:

Now I would not call that an appropriate response concerning the most critical safety device on the vehicle.

I know I would ask for a more detailed inspection/evaluation and I don't think it unreasonable to request the brakes be bled. After all there is a history of air in the brake lines on other Spyders. OK Ryno's Spyder was not the approved brake bleeding list but neither were the others until the problem was identified after Spyders were delivered to many customers.

Yes, Jax came out and gave their view, kudos to them. However I don't find that any of their actions reflect a Platinum rated dealership. I know I would be looking for another dealership under the same circumstance even if they wanted to charge me only a dollar to bleed the brakes.

I think the real misunderstanding is one's inability to trust a percieved faulty brake system and the dealerships unwillingness to understand that point.
:wrong:

Jax is not a place I would go.

ld271
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
What i dont understand is if i read right 7 hr to blead brakes on a motorcycle :yikes: at the cost of $1000.00 plus WHAT IS UP WITH THAT i do feel that jax motorsports holds a certain responsabality to the saftey of there customers as well as BRP but if there was any questions about the brakes BRP should have been notifed and let them make the call regarding warr or customer pay ....but what ever the outcome i think knowing the issues with brakes and other problems with the spyders it should have been handled differently before it came to this. I do thank jax motorsports for responding .:chat:

Lamonster
12-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Way back when I remember a dealer saying that it was a 6 hour job to bleed the brakes. That's if you don't timeout and have to start all over. :sour: So if BRP now calls it a 7 hour job I think that's fair. It is crazy that it takes that long but all those wiz bang computers that control everything on the Spyder can be thanked for that. That was the main reason I didn't tap into the hydraulics when I did my hand brake.

As far as the codes go and letting him leave with old bad code, he did clear the code and as far as I can tell it never showed back up.

Have you ever hooked up a BUDS and seen all the codes it throws? Mines been hooked up a few times and I always have codes that need to be cleared. This is not a big deal and if there was a current problem it most likely would be showing a code when he brought it in.

Did you know that there's a upload feature on the BUDS? If this dealer would have sent in a warranty claim for the book time I'm pretty sure BRP would have wanted to see the data from that Spyder to pay that claim. I think this dealer did the only thing he could have done and if the customer really wanted to push it he could have paid for it on his dime and then delt with BRP on it.

I don't know this dealer or customer but I do know both sides have been told and if you feel you need more information about this situation you can contact the parties involved. This is not going to be a thread to bash a dealer and give opinions on something you know nothing about.