PDA

View Full Version : Left Florida ... Moving on

murphybrown
05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Ms. Spyder got to park by another major waterway the Gulf of Mexico. Spent a leisurely couple days exploring hiways 19 & 98 from Florida Keys up the west coast of Florida into Alabama. Spending the night near Mobile Bay. I never tire of ryding and seeing the ever changing landscape. Some stand outs are the incredible bridge system that connects the intercostal waterways. Many of these are miles long. Carabelle area with its history of training our troops for the WWII invasion on D-Day. Quaint fishing town of Apalachicola, besides to die for fresh shrimp found out if the way coffee shop owner from Venezuela with awesome coffee AND conversation. Then to the Destin area.. Stopped at McDonald's for the necessary ice tea and clean bathrooms!! Discovered my first high-end McDonald's.. Plush booths, all those supplied with Apple computers. All the fixtures in the restaurant as well as appointments in the bathroom Had a designer's touch. So after a good half hour of enjoying the luxury I traveled to the beaches in Destin. What caught my eye first besides the pure white color was the incredible network of dunes. The only place along any of the Florida coast that I saw such beauty of nature. The sand is like powdered sugar I have never walked on anything so soft. My time in Florida was GREAT..like majority of my travels I could spend weeks more..fortunately that will call for a return trip..now ain't that just a terrible thing. NOT. After crossing into Alabama my journey was through some beautiful farmlands. Today I will go into New Orleans. Everyone have a great day Until next time.
this would be
me :yes:

Yelhelp
05-22-2013, 05:18 AM
I ,like many others I'm sure have been watching and reading your posts It is great that you get to enjoy this great country like this. My wife and I spent a couple of days in New Orleans on our way to Texas last year. She feel in love with the Acme Oyster Bar in the french quarter area. Clams on the half were the best. Have a great time and be careful watch out for gators.

ijon1
05-22-2013, 05:34 AM
You go girl. My wife and I admire your gusto for life. Keep safe.

MouthPiece
05-22-2013, 05:49 AM
If you went through Apalachicola, then you saw Flarda as it was many years ago, and yes, the fried shrimp is to die for in that town. I do hope that as you left there and went toward Panama City, you rode along the Gulf Coast line. There you will see many "weekend camping shacks" where folks from Panama City, Mexico, etc., use to get away for the weekends.

Chris

CyncySpyder
05-22-2013, 06:20 AM
When I was married and we lived in Tallahassee, my mom would live with us as a snow bird in the winter and also in the summer to get away from the smog alerts of the BIG city, and every weekend we'd go to St. George Island in the Apalachicola Bay area. I remember the drive along 98 all the way out to the bridge was such a nice ride.

Hey, is "That Place on 98" still there? Was a great little seafood joint, with fix'ns straight from the dock:thumbup: My mom would go up and down the sugar white sand beaches for hours and hours doing the 'Sanibel Stoop' looking for shells and the all elusive full sand dollar :firstplace:

Good times & fond memories, glad your making your own and enjoying lyfe to the fullest my friend. Our country has so much beauty to discovered and experienced :bowdown: and most of the time, you can't beat the ppl that you meet along the way :2thumbs:

SPYD1
05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
we better not see you wearing any beads in Orleans:wrong:

Shewhoprays
05-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Love to hear about all that you are seeing. Ryde safe my friend and may God's blessings continue to pour over you. Bj

murphybrown
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
we better not see you wearing any beads in Orleans:wrong:

WHAT. Tell me it ain't so...I was told to even get rid of the bra and just wear beads!!!! :roflblack:

zrc
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
You know, I think you should be keeping notes / all these posts / ideas / places you stayed / fiscal data / plans / maps.

And in your off season I believe you should just write about how it felt, what you like, etc... I think you could write and publish, fairly easily, an amazing book / log about your explorations. I think you serve as a metering stick for what people CAN do if they decide TO do.

I can see the book now, a smaller one, the over like a map with a dotted line from one X to another X. "The travels of an unconventional biker babe"

Lamonster
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Glad to hear you're enjoying your travels on the Spyder, I sure enjoy reading about them. :doorag:

sealfloorboards
05-22-2013, 10:19 AM
WHAT. Tell me it ain't so...I was told to even get rid of the bra and just wear beads!!!! :roflblack:

You have earned the rights to wear whatever you want!!!:thumbup: You are already a role model for all of us. Geeet it on!!!:bowdown:

Ride in comfort,
Your pal
Seal Floorboards

bruiser
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
I prefer that area of Florida over any other. I had many TDY's to Eglin AFB, Hurlburt Field. Spent time in Pensacola and Panama City. I remember a time when you could travel from Pensacola to Panama City and only see small fishing villages, radar sites and sand dunes. Not so anymore. But, shoould I move to Florida, that would be my choice of area.

Ryde on Murph.

DLewis
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Murphy,
I am SOOOO jealous!! What a way to spend time, just riding and enjoying life. Be safe out there (I'm sure you will) and keep the adventures coming!! Hopefully one day, I'll get to be in your shoes. Take care and God bless.

ARtraveler
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear you are having a great time logging some lifetime memories. :2thumbs:

flamingobabe
05-22-2013, 05:22 PM
so glad you enjoyed Florida...it is beautiful and the water is magnificent ....hope you get a chance to get off I-10 near Biloxi and ride the beach road....I always enjoy the sites.....you can cut back to I-10 and into N'leans...now N'leans is a fun town.....see you in a few...keep us posted

witty
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
THANKS for keeping us updated.:yes:

jerpinoy
05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
You're awesome :yes::yes: that's so nice of you to share with all you happy riding. Be safe and keep on riding.:yes::yes:

Wanderer
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
We have a house in Apalachicola and can attest to the great sea food and the "old Florida" feel. That Place on 98 is no more. The owner moved closer to a golf course:dontknow:. Sorry we were not in town when you were there. We just came back Saturday :opps:. The coffee shop owner , Tamara, lives across G street from our house. I would love to take my spyder down but 830 miles would take me a week to do and my wife would not be happy. Have a safe and fun trip.

Greg

jthornton
05-22-2013, 06:57 PM

That sounds like you have been listening to Rusty Warren :roflblack:

JT

Kungfuspyder
05-22-2013, 07:05 PM
I sure wish I was paying attention to your posts on your travels. I would have bought you dinner while you were in the Mobile, Alabama area.

murphybrown
05-22-2013, 07:16 PM
so glad you enjoyed Florida...it is beautiful and the water is magnificent ....hope you get a chance to get off I-10 near Biloxi and ride the beach road....I always enjoy the sites.....you can cut back to I-10 and into N'leans...now N'leans is a fun town.....see you in a few...keep us posted
agreed ran 90 all the way..another plus the downpour was on 10. Coast clear. I avoid freeways as much as possible. I find the real people, places off the blue roads. Weekend coming quickly. See you soon.

Chupaca
05-22-2013, 08:03 PM
No choice, you must have gone to the beacon stating the southernmost point in the USA. Now you can only go up. Well you will be in the green areas till you leave Louisiana. Did LA to West Palm and was amazed at how it was brown all the way to Beaumont...then green the rest of the way. Enjoy New Orleans and be safe..!! :thumbup: