View Full Version : Two Brothers single for ST

Sny
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
http://goo.gl/98lcR

Looks nice! Anyone heard one yet?

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/CanAm/2013_CAN_SPYDERST_BS_SO_side.jpg

spyder-dude
05-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah I heard one at Spyderfest. Needless to say the new owner of it and myself were not impressed in it at all. I think it is because of the cat converter on the ST's. I have the akrapovic and think it is louder than the two brothers on the ST.

I am going to talk to one of my local muffler guys about removing my cat.....

Would love to see if anyone else has done that yet.

Five-O
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah I heard one at Spyderfest. Needless to say the new owner of it and myself were not impressed in it at all. I think it is because of the cat converter on the ST's. I have the akrapovic and think it is louder than the two brothers on the ST.

I am going to talk to one of my local muffler guys about removing my cat.....

Would love to see if anyone else has done that yet.

As with automobiles, I would think a "test pipe" could be fabricated to replace the catalytic converter.

MMMII
05-22-2013, 09:51 PM

This is great to hear as I canceled my 2Bros order and ordered the Akrapovic pipe instead (primarily since I didn't want to deal with the recommended 10 hour (based on track use) re packing). It arrived yesterday and I'll install it this weekend. Can't wait!

The Wanderer
05-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Spyder Dude, how did you guys hear or have a two brothers exhaust at spyderfest? They didn't begin the first shipments until May 14th. Are you sure it was the exhaust for the ST?

rabtech
05-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Spyder Dude, how did you guys hear or have a two brothers exhaust at spyderfest? They didn't begin the first shipments until May 14th. Are you sure it was the exhaust for the ST?
I have a 2 Bro on my 2013 RT and a Can Am Akropovik on my 2013 ST. The Akro is a little louder without its baffles. The 2 Bro is not worth the money DUE TO it being almost as quiet as the stock pipe. Both are pretty quiet because of the cats on both bikes.

spyder-dude
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Someone had one installed there at spyderfest at pitbull powersports. He was one of the first ones to have installed on an ST.

clueless
06-05-2013, 03:58 PM
if you take out the CAT I would worry about back pressure. on the Harleys if you did a straight pipe no baffle you lost horsepower without some sort of back pressure...

hence people would sodder in a washer (like a lollipop) way up in the exhaust to give you the needed back pressure to max your HP.

rabtech
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
The exhaust on a spyder is so long that the back pressure is not an issue with stock motor.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

coz
06-05-2013, 05:36 PM
The exhaust on a spyder is so long that the back pressure is not an issue with stock motor.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!
wanna bet?:rolleyes:

rabtech
06-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Wouldnt bet on it. But I wouldnt think it would make 3 hp difference..

Sny
06-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Well every RS with an aftermarket exhaust has it's cat removed (because it's in the stock pipe) and backpressure isn't too bad with all but the most straight thru short pipes.

That said, I did notice a loss of low end torque from the lower back pressure. Adding some fuel down in the lower rpms helped compensate a bit.

Now the 2013's and the RT's have the cat separate. I'm going to hollow mine out eventually and then use a yoshi pipe that has some restriction to it. But 2bros' got there first. Just curious really.

clueless
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
yes but check out = http://www.bigcitythunder.com/tech-articles.html

like this article = http://www.bigcitythunder.com/images/stories/pdf/understanding_exhaust.pdf

so you want SOME back pressure and you want to make sure you do not have too much back pressure or reversion waves in your exhaust system ...