PDA

View Full Version : Great Source for Riding Glasses

Rockwall
05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I wear prescription glasses and need them for distance. Therefore I cannot ride without them. After much frustration trying to find prescription riding glasses locally I found ADS Eyewear out of the Dallas area on-line. They were terrific to deal with and have a huge selection specifically for motorcyclists. I ordered a pair of Wiley X Rout's and they send you a test pair to make sure you like the fit. I paid about $75 for the glasses which have a foam seal to eliminate wind bothering your eyes. The glasses fit great so I sent back the test pair and they made my prescription with Transitions lenses, so I can wear them day or night. My prescription pair came quickly and they are truly wonderful. I think my total with the prescription lenses was about $300.

If you don't need prescription lenses you can buy the normal glasses at very reasonable prices. I highly recommend ADS and you can find them at www.adseyewear.com.

Happy riding!:doorag:

Gunny
05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
About how long did this whole process take?

ARtraveler
05-24-2013, 02:21 PM
I have seen similar offered at a couple local optical shops. You might check around for this.

Lamonster
05-24-2013, 02:33 PM
I use to wear Wiley X for years and be aware that these take some getting use to because they are a curved lens. I still have a set here and when I put them on I instantly feel dizzy. Your brain will correct that over time. Good glasses.

http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=502&d=1257370524