PDA

View Full Version : Like a Glove............ Video

arntufun
05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
This is a Harbor frieght tri fold ramp ($99.00). I cut the hinges off, spaced them and test loaded the Spyder today for our trip to Maggie Valley. Ya'll stay dry on your trip, I know I will........... :roflblack: See you soon !!!! :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lq3WgTmgZPg

Sarge707
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
:clap: I like cost effective solutions!!! Bravo!!!:clap:

rlynchtx
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM
You made that look too dang easy! Very cool.

Derek Paisley
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Impressive! Curious to know how the truck rode with the Spyder out back.:>

flamingobabe
05-21-2013, 04:49 PM
that's a tight fit....but good low cost ramp...how do you tie it down

acinpcola
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
What make and year is your truck? How do you tie it down? What is the bed length of the truck? :popcorn::bbq:

Jeriatric
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Hope you have luck finding a hump in Maggie Valley :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Randy,
I really hate to "Pee on your Parade"; it appeared that you were backing up into the truck from an elevated position on the lawn. Therefore; the ramps were not at as steep of an angle as what you might actually encounter... I'd hate to see you doing this dance... :gaah:
Or was it just my eyes and the angle of the camera? :shocked:
Even with the "Sporty-Shorty" windshield; I'd consider removing it... :thumbup:

And I really hope that I'm completely wrong! :D

Fusionfool
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Be aware hauling the spider faced backward can place a lot of wind drag on windshield at higher speeds:pray:
If there is a way to protect it I am not sure. I have never tried this with a Spyder. I just know hauling a snowmobile like that can fatigue the windshield and it can break off.
Hope all goes well for your haul.

Fusionfool
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Randy,
I really hate to "Pee on your Parade"; it appeared that you were backing up into the truck from an elevated position on the lawn. Therefore; the ramps were not at as steep of an angle as what you might actually encounter... I'd hate to see you doing this dance... :gaah:
Or was it just my eyes and the angle of the camera? :shocked:
Even with the "Sporty-Shorty" windshield; I'd consider removing it... :thumbup:

And I really hope that I'm completely wrong! :D
Same thoughts I had about the windshield we posted at same time.

Bob Denman
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd say that "Great Minds Think Alike", but you really wouldn't want your mind compared in any way to mine! :shocked: :roflblack:

TexasSpyder
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
I bought thr same folding ramp and separated it like you and use them to load my RT on my trailer.

J. D.

arntufun
05-21-2013, 05:17 PM
that's a tight fit....but good low cost ramp...how do you tie it down

What make and year is your truck? How do you tie it down? What is the bed length of the truck? :popcorn::bbq:

07 Toyota Tundra, 6 ft Bed. I will rachet strap the front wheels to the hooks mounted in the back of the truck bed. It won't move. :thumbup:

Be aware hauling the spider faced backward can place a lot of wind drag on windshield at higher speeds:pray:
If there is a way to protect it I am not sure. I have never tried this with a Spyder. I just know hauling a snowmobile like that can fatigue the windshield and it can break off.
Hope all goes well for your haul.

I'm well aware of the shield, It's four T-30's on my screw gun, total removal time less than 1 minute. :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
as presented. Should be able to duplicate that somewhere else but may take some searching. A half cover can save the windscreen or remove it. Looks like your good to go..!! Enjoy...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Randy nice job :agree:.......PS the cradle I built for Dee's Z-71 short box to Take the RSS to Spyderfest is still up for grabs.....Seth-O would have taken it ,...But his box is only 5 FT....and I just didn't like the BALANCE POINT there..........Mike :thumbup: I lucked out and found a CHERRY 2003 Toyota Tacoma EXT cab two WD.....I have removed the bed and am working on a FLAT BED as we speak. This will carry one of my Spyders and Dee's will go in the RV / camper............. Anyone looking for a super clean trk bed PM me...........:thumbup:

Holly
05-22-2013, 07:20 PM
This is a Harbor frieght tri fold ramp ($99.00). I cut the hinges off, spaced them and test loaded the Spyder today for our trip to Maggie Valley. Ya'll stay dry on your trip, I know I will........... :roflblack: See you soon !!!! :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lq3WgTmgZPg

:ohyea::ohyea: Nice job Ran !!!! I had my doubts that this would work, but looks like you got me again. :opps: Now......... how I see it is ,,,,,,,, If we had an RT, you wouldn't have to go through all that trouble .:roflblack: :roflblack: Just sayin! :chat: (javascript:void(0))

Bob Denman
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Holly,
When are you going to the dealers putting a deposit on that Limited? :D :thumbup:

Holly
05-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Holly,
When are you going to the dealers putting a deposit on that Limited? :D :thumbup:

As soon as I can find a baby sitter for arntufun! Any takers ???

Bob Denman
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
My Missus has a chair and a couple of sets of handcuffs that keeps for me in the basement... :shocked:
We'd be happy to "watch" him for you for a couple of weeks!

rnet
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
You guys are to much. Holly what about the cruise.

DR Buck
05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Hope you have luck finding a hump in Maggie Valley :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

My exact thought as well. :roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cavman
05-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Is really necessary to have the flasher on when loading the Spyder? Or were you trying to make the video snazzier?

Holly
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
You guys are to much. Holly what about the cruise.

Ron...... if I can't get Randy to agree to that cruise, maybe we can borrow those handcuffs from Bob and :shemademe_smilie:......... ( He made me do it ). :roflblack:
:roflblack: :roflblack:

acinpcola
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM
07 Toyota Tundra, 6 ft Bed. I will rachet strap the front wheels to the hooks mounted in the back of the truck bed. It won't move. :thumbup:

I'm well aware of the shield, It's four T-30's on my screw gun, total removal time less than 1 minute. :thumbup:

Makes me wonder if I can load my RT in the back of my truck and if I can will I be able to bring my soft topper over it? I must think and ponder this on the tree of woe...

jthornton
05-23-2013, 06:25 AM

We call that a Redneck Loading Dock around these parts. I see many of riding mower loaded without ramps into pickup trucks around here.

JT

jthornton
05-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Makes me wonder if I can load my RT in the back of my truck and if I can will I be able to bring my soft topper over it? I must think and ponder this on the tree of woe...

I would bet when you take a tape measure to the front wheels and the truck bed you will see why you can't do that with a RT. The RT won't even fit in my 6' x 12' tilt bed trailer.

JT

Jeriatric
05-23-2013, 06:52 AM
We call that a Redneck Loading Dock around these parts. I see many of riding mower loaded without ramps into pickup trucks around here.

JT

That explains it. Randy may well be a "red neck" in training.

Wonder what his flower pots are made of?

Holly, could this be true?

Flanker
05-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Good idea with the ramps! The video makes it easy to see how well they work, though due to the profoundly tasteless, banal, and offensive background music; I've regrettably had to report it to the United Nations Committee on Music Crimes as a particularly egregious violation of the 1919 Hague Convention on Video Background Music. :yikes: When the investigator talks to me...........................I'll try to keep your name out of it. ;)

Bob Denman
05-23-2013, 07:18 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif Thank goodness that he's never seen what I keep loaded in MY I-Pod! :yikes:

ARCTIC
05-23-2013, 08:52 AM
good work on the crazy load job:yes:
Is really necessary to have the flasher on when loading the Spyder? Or were you trying to make the video snazzier?
My flashers always blink when I put my spyder in reverse.

mxz600
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
My Missus has a chair and a couple of sets of handcuffs that keeps for me in the basement... :shocked:Wow Bob, you are full of surprises. I had no idea you and the Missus were into that kind of thing.

Good job with the ramps Randy. I'm just glad to see that your truck frame didn't snap in half from the weight of the Spyder.:roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Actually; I'm not! :shocked:
But I suspect that she enjoys it enough for the both of us! :yikes: :roflblack:

Sarge707
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Good idea with the ramps! The video makes it easy to see how well they work, though due to the profoundly tasteless, banal, and offensive background music; I've regrettably had to report it to the United Nations Committee on Music Crimes as a particularly egregious violation of the 1919 Hague Convention on Video Background Music. :yikes: When the investigator talks to me...........................I'll try to keep your name out of it. ;)

:agree: Yeah Not Quite the Sound I,m used to hearing on my Sirius Classical Channel??:yikes: But it did have Bass and Rhythm so I guess its got Half the Formula ! Add some Harmony and Melody and we could almost have a Song?:banghead::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: