PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ST-Limited vs RT-S

SharonL
05-21-2013, 11:30 AM
:banghead: Any help will be appreciated! My husband is about ready to give up on me totally because I keep swaying between an ST-L and an RT-S. Although I am only about 5'7" I tend to have longer legs and sit on a seat cushion that elevates me about an inch or two. When I rode my Burgman, I always extended my feet to the farthest forward position most of the time. I am going to test ryde tomorrow but I don't know what they will have available and even if something is comfortable for a little while doesn't mean it will be after an hour. I realize that test-ryding is the answer but would still like to hear some input and opinions from you guys. Thanks a bunch. P.S. Are highway pegs available for the ST-L?

NancysToy
05-21-2013, 11:34 AM
The RT foot position is the most forward, but even with that, and the SE model with the footboards, if you crave more you may need highway pegs. Long test rides on both would certainly be best.

SpyderAnn01
05-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Some of it also depends on the type of riding you will be doing. If you plan on a lot of long trips you may want to go with the RT.

Dliles6254
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I sold my rt limited and just got a st limited a week ago and love it. My wife sits on the back and likes it better as well. We did get her a back rest, she feels like there is more air movement so it's more comfortable when it hot out

Bob Denman
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
The RT foot position is the most forward, but even with that, and the SE model with the footboards, if you crave more you may need highway pegs. Long test rides on both would certainly be best.
:agree: Try to wangle a decent test-flight on both of them.
You still may end up wanting some highway pegs... Lamont sells the best ones around! :thumbup: (For the RT anyway...)
Tell your Hubby that you just can't rush perfection... ;)

StanProff
05-28-2013, 09:03 PM
:agree: Try to wangle a decent test-flight on both of them.
You still may end up wanting some highway pegs... Lamont sells the best ones around! :thumbup: (For the RT anyway...)
Tell your Hubby that you just can't rush perfection... ;)

:agree: It's gotta fit. if you want to do long rides, 400 to 500 miles per day maybe, the fit will make it or break it for you. Storage may also ba a factor for you. Got to be comfortable.

Spyderfitz
05-28-2013, 09:42 PM
If you like chrome, the limited is your answer. I had to have a white RT. That was my reason.

SharonL
06-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Okay, opinions were all filed away and I tried both. If I chose the RT, I needed the custom seat to set me back a couple of inches; if I wanted the ST, I wanted the touring windshield. Got the windshield thrown into the deal for free and decided on a Black Currant ST-L. And I love it!!!! Thanks for all the input. :yes::yes:

Big Arm
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
:congrats: :clap:

quickster47
06-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Good choice!!! :thumbup:

That exact same byke will be our second Spyder. We already have a 2012 white RT-Limited so the ST-Limited is a no brainer for shorter trips up to a 1000 miles two-up.

Carl

Sny
06-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Grats and welcome to the ST club.