PDA

View Full Version : F4 Customs Shorty Windshield ?

StriperKing
05-20-2013, 10:16 PM
It has probably been asked but the F4 Customs shorty windshield claims to be 3" shorter than the stock RT windshield. I know the 2010 is taller than the 2011 and up. My question is, is the F4 shorty 3" shorter than the 2011 and newer. I know you can cut the stock one down and I did do that to mine but it has gotten some bad scratches on it that drive me nuts so it has to go. I would prefer to order one shorter rather than get another one that has to be cut down. If anyone has one of these and can give me an exact measurement form top to bottom in the center of the shield that would be great. Thanks

stevedfive
05-20-2013, 11:38 PM
When I talked to them, they told me they use the 2011/newer windshield for their measurements.

cjackg
05-21-2013, 06:31 AM
It has probably been asked but the F4 Customs shorty windshield claims to be 3" shorter than the stock RT windshield. I know the 2010 is taller than the 2011 and up. My question is, is the F4 shorty 3" shorter than the 2011 and newer. I know you can cut the stock one down and I did do that to mine but it has gotten some bad scratches on it that drive me nuts so it has to go. I would prefer to order one shorter rather than get another one that has to be cut down. If anyone has one of these and can give me an exact measurement form top to bottom in the center of the shield that would be great. Thanks 24" tall at the center point, 32 1/4" wide, and thicker than most windshields.

rcdurango
05-21-2013, 06:57 AM
This isn't for every body, but I wanted a little more wind in the face. It's below eye level but can be raised for more protection if needed. The fact that it's tented doesn't help see as good when in the up position. So far not been a problem for me because when raining I wear a full face helmet. :thumbup: Would look really good on black bike. :clap:

StriperKing
05-21-2013, 09:53 PM
This isn't for every body, but I wanted a little more wind in the face. It's below eye level but can be raised for more protection if needed. The fact that it's tented doesn't help see as good when in the up position. So far not been a problem for me because when raining I wear a full face helmet. :thumbup: Would look really good on black bike. :clap:

That does look good but I put mine up in the winter so I willl go with the clear. Do they offer that tinted one or did you have that done?

StriperKing
05-21-2013, 09:54 PM
When I talked to them, they told me they use the 2011/newer windshield for their measurements.

Thanks for the info. I also like looking over the windshield and I am only 5"-8"

rcdurango
05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Bought it like that. Cal- Si