PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanx

Pal
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
I would like to give a shout out to Ann and Joe and to Teresa and Gary for taking some time out of their busy days to show my wife and I around Vegas for a day. Even thought Ann's bike and ours were wounded we had a real good day. We spent time bugging Teresa and Gary at their work, but they never kicked us out so I guess they semi enjoyed our company.

We also met Justin and had a good talk with him, he wanted to compare bikes, but he could not find the time, next time Justin.

We put over 3800 miles on our wounded '11 RT Ltd in 17 days (we had an oil leak from the get go) and kept getting a CEL because of a goofy O2 sensor code, but it got us home safe and sound.

I know some people are afraid to ryde them for long distances, but so far we have put almost 25,000 miles on in less than 2 years and have had only minor issues while on the road

If anyone gets up to Vancouver Canada give us a shout, would love to show you around

Bob Denman
05-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Glad to hear that you guys made it home safe and sound! :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
05-20-2013, 09:28 PM
It was our pleasure to show you around I just wish we had had more time to ride. I'm glad you made it home with your wounded RT. How long did it take you to get all of the oil off the front of your trailer? :yikes: Joe and I were on our way home that afternoon when I got the call that my Spyder was ready so we ran back there and picked it up. It was a bad connection on the third brake light that was causing all my troubles. Teresa and Gary are really special people and it was incredibly nice of him to let me use his Spyder for the day.

If we ever get to Beautiful British Columbia we will certainly look you up and when you hit the road again be sure to stop by for a visit.

Pal
05-25-2013, 12:32 PM
we found out that oil was not the major issue, seems we had a major brake fluid leak along with a minor oil leak, which was compunded by me over filling the oil thinking it was oil. so they are fixing everything under warranty even going to replace the protective plastic on the front of the trailer as it's now all yellow instead of clear. The codes were caused by over filling the oil and they think the lean code was caused by carbon build up on the valves. I am not sure about this as I was adding a real good injection cleaner every 3 days while on holidays, but since I don't really let loose and "goose" it enough I may have add some on a more regular basis

We were lucky to have not had to really hit the brakes under a panic condition, as they may have failed totally, that's how bad it ended up being by the time we got home.

But home safe and sound and looking to pin a medal on the bike for bravery under hostile conditions.. hehe

Bob Denman
05-25-2013, 01:01 PM
:congrats: :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:
Glad to hear that this issue is something that pretty fixable! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Glad to hear you got everything fixed under warranty and that they replaced the film on the trailer. It was pretty nasty looking!